Thermal Mass
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Reviews 
Forum User

Post Reviews

Hey mods and admins. I know staff members do reviews for the albums you guys receive but I was thinking that maybe we should implement a small system like Metal-Archives so that normal users could also add reviews? You could feature the staff reviews on a different page or something and just put user reviews on X band's page or something of the kind.

Anyways, it's just an idea. Have a good one

Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Staff Member
Staff Member

That system does seem to work quite well for Encyclopaedia Metallum, though that would need us to re-do our whole system. The forum is disconnected from the main website, meaning that first we'd have to merge the systems, then make a new user database, and only then could we give the users some freedom to post their own reviews. Making a seperate part on the forum for such things... Now that is a different question. I'm not going to say we're pro or con until we've discussed the matter more thoroughly (and especially not until the coder agrees to do so), but it makes sense to say that it would make the doom community feel more included.

I'll bring with me the idea, allthough we have had some discussions on the topic already. Perhaps I'll be able to give you a more definitive answer in fthe future, but I do not think anyone can expect anything for quite some time.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:23 am
Forum User

A reviews section is a really cool idea for the forum.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:01 pm
Forum User

Post Re: Reviews

Hi.
Ive been trying to contact someone from doom-metal.com for weeks asking for a review from my band (http://www.myspace.com/moritoergosumband). I basically sent emails asking to which address should I send the cd, as I understand that Arnstein H. Pettersen is not part of the site anymore, but I got no answer whatsoever. I tried reviews [at] doom-metal [dot] com and some other 2 emails... but nothing.

So, could anyone tell me to whom should I send the demo??? :S

Thanks in advance,

Paolo

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

hello!

We are currently overhauling the whole site, thus, all the addresses below that were sometimes forwarded to staff members I don't even know, are from now on forwarded to two persons:

Me and Merchant Of Doom. You can try again and you'll be sure to have an answer or pm me.

info [at] doom-metal [dot] com (for general questions, including advertising deals)
reviews [at] doom-metal [dot] com (for review and promo information)
bandlist [at] doom-metal [dot] com (for additions/changes to the bandlist)
news [at] doom-metal [dot] com (for submitting news)
tourdates [at] doom-metal [dot] com (for suggesting tourdates)

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:24 am
Forum User

hello I was wondering if there's any way (maybe using google etc) to see all 2010 reviews in review list. just like the interview list

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:32 pm
Forum User

problem solved thanks to google

http://www.google.com/search?q=%222010% ... e=off&tbs=

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]