Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
The future of live concerts 
Forum User

Post The future of live concerts

Dear Doomsters and Doomstresses

we all miss shows and all the bands missing playing. But what if tomorrow there was no Corona Virus anymore.

How do you think live market will change? Will it ever be the same? I feel like we are slowly losing the important infrastructure for our rather analogue scene and as a musician I am not sure how this will affect us in the future. Do you have thoughts and/or opinions?

- Shrines of Dying Light -

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Post Re: The future of live concerts

Worked as a stagehand and some FOH stuff for several years here and still have a lot of friends in the field now. I think it's going to take a long time to go back to normal because more and more companies are going under. In a way, buying equipment is worth it now because it's much cheaper but no one has a big overhead. I have a lot of technician and musician friends trying to shift careers now though, just to be able to make ends meet and feed their families.

Another aspect I think is what people are used to do. When this is over we're at least 1-2 years of mostly not going to concerts. Changing the habits of people to going back to concerts might not be easy. Of course there's going to be a boom at first, but I'm thinking more longterm. Humans are creatures of habit.

At this point, I'm sadly not very optimistic for music or the arts in general.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:44 am
Forum User

Post Re: The future of live concerts

I see what you mean. The live market was in a challenging situation I guess (regarding small or medium gigs) and this may just be the nail in the coffin of many companies.

Also I guess people won't be attending shows soon.

But what are optimistic scenarios? How can we enjoy bands and concerts without actually attending? How can bands even practice if the sound lags too much via internet?
I am still not sure how it is going to come out. Live music won't be the key to success in the next years though.

- Shrines of Dying Light -

Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]