|Originally this CD was released by an anonymous Christian, and he remained anonymous for a long time after the release of this CD. Later it was revealed that the man behind Horde is in reality Jayson Sherlock, who was once upon a time the drummer of Paramaeicum. Apparently the plan was never to release more than one CD, but at least there was a re-release of the CD in 2004, but this time without a bonus track.|
One of the most remarkable things about this release is the fact that it's not primarily a Christian album, but rather an anti-satanic one. There is no preaching involved, just a strong, resentful attack at the anti-christ and his worshippers. Some say that if it's Christian, it's not black metal. Those should hear this epitome of hatred towards evil. Unlike the words of Jesus, Jayson Sherlock leaves no room for forgiveness.
This is perhaps one of the most extreme black metal releases I have heard; raw, brutal and clouded in noise. For those who were hoping for a hint of doom, sorry. This is a high tempo release of pure noise/black, an intense adrenaline rush best suited for those who enjoy black metal.
So gather, all good BM fans and Christians as well as others. This is a cult release which should please even the most picky BM fan. As for satanists, it might be advisable to stay away from this one. After all you risk having your soul saved...
1. A Church Bell Tolls Amidst The Frozen Nordic Winds
2. Blasphemous Abomination Of The Satanic Pentagram
3. Behold, The Rising Of The Scarlet Moon
4. Thine Hour Hast Come
5. Release And Clothe The Virgin Sacrifice
6. Drink From The Chalice Of Blood
7. Silence The Blasphemous Chanting
8. Invert The Inverted Cross
9. An Abandoned Grave Bathes Softly In The Falling Moonlight
10. Crush The Bloodied Horns Of The Goat
11. Week, Feeble, Dying, Antichrist
12. The Day Of Total Armageddon Holocaust
Duration : Approx. 40 minutes
Visit the Horde bandpage.