|Third full-length album and Bethlehem have once again a new vocalist. This time it is Marco from Deinonychus, whose extreme, wailing vocals are indeed very appropriate for Bethlehem's music. The initials of the words in the album title, 'Sardonischer Untergang im Zeichen Irreligiöser Darbietung', can be read as S.U.I.Z.I.D., which shows again their obsession with suicide.|
The typical, dark guitar sound is still present of course, but Bethlehem experiment further with some electronic elements, drum loops and a female vocalist. On almost every song you can find sick samples, frustrated screams and some strange breaks, where you only hear some repetitive clean guitars or spoken words, screams and wailing noises from both vocalists for a few seconds, creating a nihilistic, cheerless atmosphere.
Those who think that the introduction of electronic elements like samples and drum loops makes the music always less interesting, should listen to 'Teufelverrückt Gottdreizehn' and the incredible 'Nexus' and wonder how these songs would sound without the addition of electronic elements.
1. Durch befleckte Berührung meiner Nemesis
2. Du sollst dich töten
3. Gestern starb ich schon heute
4. Teufelverrückt Gottdreizehn
5. Tote weiße Marder
8. Als ich noch Caulerpa Taxifolia erbrach
9. Tod ist weicher Stuhl in gar fleischlos' Gift
1. By Stained Contact of My Nemisis
2. You Will Kill Yourself
3. Yesterday I Still Died Today
4. Demon-Mad God-Thirteen
5. Dead White Marten
7. Lingering Fart
8. As I Puked Another Caulerpa Taxifolia
9. Death is a Soft Chair (turning?) into Fleshless Poison
Duration : Approx. 44 minutes
Visit the Bethlehem bandpage.