elusivegodbanner
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:08 am



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
THE "DUNGEON OV THEE DOOOMED" THREAD 
Author Message
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:30 pm
Posts: 142
Location: Goat's Hoof, NJ
Reply with quote
Post THE "DUNGEON OV THEE DOOOMED" THREAD

My name is of no importance. In fact I am no-one, but I am called thee Dungeon Master.
Upon your choices, you could be powerful beyond measure, or batted around like a rodent until you die. The decisions are yours make.

Accept thy fate by the hilt and enter my world.







There is the time just before waking when you have risen from sleep, but refuse to awaken. By and by the light seeps between your eyelids and pries them apart, flooding your sight and mind with it's brilliance, warm and painful.

As you straighten yourself out, you are surrounded by scenes which have remained unchanged since childhood.
The bright clear sky holds white clouds within it's flowing bosom as the sun sheds it's life upon the world. Looking outside, you see a bucolic pasture complete with animals and children alike, blissfully playing among the wildflowers.
All across the village, pleasant murmurings and the braying of goats grow louder as the market opens, and new travelers come in and out, trading their wares. Rubbing your eyes, you look upon this vision and think:
"Once more, it's the same old shit."

As you dress and exit your room for breakfast, the ennui grows over you like lichen. Since you could walk, you've never been more than two day's walk from the village. Your daily life consists of feeding and slaughtering the livestock while your father and brother tend to the fields.
Sometimes you hear them laughing and wonder if you will ever know their true company. Mother says that you will become your own self in time, but you suspect that if you stay around here, that would never happen.

"Just look around." she says, with a smile of pure love and faith.

You DO look around, and see all these people from Grog-Knows-Where coming and going, exotic smells and sights along with them. You look at your clothes, and would prefer to be naked instead of donning the usual itchy garments.

You spend the morning gutting pigs and imagining the feel of silk upon your face, until your imagination admits to the same starvation that churns in your loins. No action to be had here, dead pigs aren't that cute.

In your distraction, you noticed that you've done the day's work before lunch. Usually this means that during the meal, father would assign some menial tasks for you so that your brother wouldn't have to do them later.
"Fuck that." you conclude, and looking up, a spice trader's wagon heads into town, and the impulse consumes you.


You Have:
the clothes on your back
a simple knife

You Then:
1: Go into the village to look around.
2: Stay home and await your orders

_________________
SaturnDescendS Blog + Sounds

Thee Dungeon Ov Thee Dooomed Thread


Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:30 pm
Posts: 465
Location: Birmingham, UK
Reply with quote
Post 

1. Go to the village

_________________
Tourism is sin and travel on foot is virtue-Werner Herzog


Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:39 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:30 pm
Posts: 142
Location: Goat's Hoof, NJ
Reply with quote
Post 

diabolical vengeance wrote:
1. Go to the village


Sheathing your knife, you follow the spice traders along the well-beaten road and after a few minutes, you come to the gates of the village's marketplace.

The sights and smells nearly ravish you as you pass the gates, stopping only for children to run past you, chasing a then-headless chicken. Not like that even registers much after being face down in swine gore all morning.

"This is it", you think. This is the place that Father and Brother disappear to with your day's work and come back with broad smiles and an odd gait...

Such wonders to behold, your young mind is about to explode when considering what to do next. You could get lost in the labyrinthine marketplace, but so what? It's not like you couldn't find something to eat and stay a while. Perhaps the bath-houses, but the men there seem to be too involved with each other to make conversation. Just then one of them casts you a glance that you could very well do without, and you make a point of dissolving into the crowd.

To your left sit a troupe of cloaked figures, strumming two-necked harps with deft, yet twisted arthritic fingers spinning a sound that you could never imagine. They don't look up, save for when someone drops money into their bag, then their tune becomes a bit louder. You catch the eye of one of them, and see a slight smile crack across their dark lips, but is quickly snuffed with a tapping motion of another in the group.

On the other side seems to be a house where music played loudly, people were dancing and shouting, and the occasional beaten derelict was thrown out of the door. Otherwise it looks like a place to get a snack. Approaching the door, you step over the bleeding fellow and another rather large man blocks your way.

"Excuse me, do you have food in there?"
"Yes, but NOT for you!"

you drop your head slightly, staring down your growling guts but before you turn around, the man places his heavy hand on your shoulder.

"If you can work, you can eat."

sounds like a good idea, but you could just as well go home and eat for free, provided you have an explanation for where you've been all afternoon. You consider the offer, but just then you spy your father and brother cutting through the crowd. It doesn't seem as though they've seen you, but a swift & public ass-whipping is not on your agenda.

There's always the rest of the marketplace, but since you don't know it well, it could be a mistake to try to outsmart them on their turf.


You have:
the clothes on your back
a simple knife

You Can:
1: Try to mix in with the cloaked troupe
2: Take the offer to work
3: Bail down the market street for a hideout
4: Take your chances at the bath-house
5: Wait for your family to find you.

_________________
SaturnDescendS Blog + Sounds

Thee Dungeon Ov Thee Dooomed Thread


Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:53 am
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:40 pm
Posts: 193
Location: Florida, USA
Reply with quote
Post 

1: Try to mix in with the cloaked troupe


Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:30 pm
Posts: 142
Location: Goat's Hoof, NJ
Reply with quote
Post 

V-GER wrote:
1: Try to mix in with the cloaked troupe


You look again to your left, and the same figure from before sees you, and the slightly panic-stricken look on your face. not much body language is needed before the figure lets the others fill in while tossing you a dark sheet.
you grab it running, wrap yourself up, and sit behind them, pretending to occupy yourself with their pets.

Sweat pours down your brow as your father and brother slow their pace and stop right in front of you. Your brother's head turns down at you and demands your attention, but you pretend not to notice him, employing your worst Kh'ga accent:


"zh' nak trav oh!" <I have no cow>

The troupe do their damnedest not to let their laughter burst or interrupt their song, but it does the trick and your brother spits on the ground before you and turns his eyes to the empty door of the tavern, then walked into the crowd, continuing the search elsewhere.

Their song ended, and the first figure put down their instrument and raised the cloak's hood slightly, revealing the most beautiful face your impoverished mind has ever seen. Though fully tattooed, her dark skin and lips caused you to flush to a seething red, and as you hide your face, you hear a giggle that you will never forget.

She could tell you to go and kill your father, and you would do it...if you could only understand her.
"feeshi hul! ts'ki! feeshi hul!"

You sit there and stare like a dunce, unable to form a thought against the vision in front of you. She gives up and turns to the others, chattering away as they take turns with quick glances, sizing you up, maybe seeing if you're worth the trouble at all.

You grow kind of nervous. You start having second thoughts about the whole "running away" thing...you could always - - just before you finish the thought, the girl turns and takes our hand. she has a hell of a grip, but looking up, you see the rest have already packed and were ready to leave.

You are led back, deeper into the marketplace. the smells of the main corridor fade away to fresher air, and stepping through a forgotten passage, emerge into a large room, where plainly said, everybody was getting laid in grand style. Although the troupe had no plans for this place, you're visibly interested in the goings-on, and wonder if you couldn't see first-hand what your brother was always talking about.


You have:
a cloak
original clothes
simple knife

You can:
1: continue through with your company
2: break rank for curiosity's sake, and answer your new urges




_________________
SaturnDescendS Blog + Sounds

Thee Dungeon Ov Thee Dooomed Thread


Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:40 pm
Posts: 193
Location: Florida, USA
Reply with quote
Post 

1: continue through with your company


Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:30 pm
Posts: 142
Location: Goat's Hoof, NJ
Reply with quote
Post MUSICAL INSPIRATION : Shinjuku Thief - The Witch Haven

V-GER wrote:
1: continue through with your company


The girl feels you slacken as your attention wavers, but grips your hand tighter, bringing your mind back to the matter at hand: escape. Still, you couldn't help but be amazed at the sea of carnality around you, and it reminds you of the pigs back at the farm, rolling over each other in silk and slop. She shoots you a piercing glance, and does not mince words:

"Pik! zh'pik! Fesshi Hul!"


Her terse tone kills your boner, and you follow in a brisk pace through another corridor, and out of a side entrance littered with wine bottles.
Ducking into the next building, they stop and it appears as though they have reached their destination.


Immediately, only the distant market noises and baying of dogs penetrate silence that fell over the room as you stand opposite three cloaked figures, still as spectres until they raise their hoods.
First, the girl raised her hood, then the two others, which where two equally dark, equally tattooed men, and the sight of them puts a cold spike in your heart. The girl steps forward, smiling, and you let out your breath.


"jup' ov....I mean, I am Ihriel. These are my friends, Lemi and Gaal. I apologize for not saying sooner, but we must keep our cover wherever we go, so we made up a simple language and we speak it whenever we are not in trusted company, such as the market."

your eyes shoot wide open, and a smile beams across your face. a strange tingling feeling lingers along the length of your spine as Lemi starts toward you.
"We are travelers, we claim no family but ourselves, no bloodline but what runs betweens us, and we..."

Gaal interrupts:
"Phut! Kyt Frez!"
Ihriel gives a slight but calming gesture not unlike the blue deity of the Gautamas, and Gaal relents.

"Gaal is less trusting, he has good reason to be....nothing personal"

He has the countenance of a vampire - bearded, tall, almost primal in his movements...you feel as if he could draw out your soul and leave you empty.

you shrug, it's all you can do; but it was agreed that he had a point. They still didn't know who you were, you could be a theif, a spy, a murderer - they peer at your knife and lock eyes with you. It's your turn now.

you have:

cloak
your clothes
simple knife


you can:

1. Introduce yourself ( what IS your name anyway? Make one up.)
2. Thank them and find your own way
3. use (item) to (perform action)

_________________
SaturnDescendS Blog + Sounds

Thee Dungeon Ov Thee Dooomed Thread


Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:30 pm
Posts: 142
Location: Goat's Hoof, NJ
Reply with quote
Post 

you stand there like a fucking idiot until suddenly you have the impulse to unsheath your knife, and before any of them can make a move, you proceed to shove the blade squarely into your throat, between your jaw and adam's apple.

the confused travelers back away and to the side as your blood showers the floor, and your smiling corpse crumples to the ground, twitching as black foam leaks out of your nose.

Ihriel merely shrugs her shoulders in sheer indifference, a bolder reaction than from her cohorts who had already swept the cloaks over their heads and left to the room.

stupid fucking farmboy. at least your pig-gutting skills were good for something.

_________________
SaturnDescendS Blog + Sounds

Thee Dungeon Ov Thee Dooomed Thread


Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.