Aesthetic Death
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
true-doom-metal.com? 
Forum User

Post true-doom-metal.com?

Why only trad, epic, stoner doom lately? There is hardly any reviews from other genres.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:17 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post Re: true-doom-metal.com?

Evoked wrote:
Why only trad, epic, stoner doom lately? There is hardly any reviews from other genres.

We review the demos we get... obviously, there's been an influx of trad/epic/stoner recently... I don't do reviews myself (well, not anymore), so I don't know what the exact situation is. I'll see if we can prioritise some other genre, if possible, i.e. depending on what we've got at the moment.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:23 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Well, that’s a fact that we received more trad doom promo cds than before lately; going from this point to saying we’re turning into ‘true doom metal.com’ isn’t reflecting the reality though. It just happened that way these last weeks.
For example, a few days ago, I received a bunch of reviews from Countraven (the reviewer), he’s an epic doom fan and reviews mainly that genre. When all his production is put online at the same time, it can give the false idea that we’re focusing on epic doom… but it won’t last and soon, we’ll give others the impression we only promoting death and funeral doom…
It must also been said that some labels are more dynamic than others, and send their stuff more often or more quickly. We're still waiting for stuff from Silent time noise and Crepuscule du soir, which both release only extreme doom...
Well in short, we are a doom metal site and I think each style is worth defending.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:52 pm
Forum User

I remember in the early 2000's under my old username on here seeing a boom of death/doom and funeral doom bands. Different fluxes as time goes by.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:28 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]