elusivegodbanner
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Solitary Confinement 
Forum User

Post Solitary Confinement

An article on the issue of the large scale practice of solitary confinement in US prisons. A must read.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:34 pm
Forum User

Decent article, although I felt the story of the Irish guy was pointless. I think the problem with the U.S. prison system is that there are too many laws against justifiable acts, or that prison sentences are given to criminals where rehabilitation should be given, e.g., drug use, and other non-violent crimes.

However, I do agree that solitary confinement should be used for active gang members in prison and other violent inmates. Why sould the prison system let these criminals communicate when they are very capable of ordering assassinations on inmates and citizens in society?

The debate of incarceration is a tricky one. It breeds problems and may be inhumane, yet, it serves a purpose to society. It protects the innocent from harm. Can anyone offer a better solution to deal with criminals?

I also feel like if I spent a day in prison with the workforce, I would agree that solitary confinement is 100% necessary, although I do have some personal expereince that solitary confinement does damage to your mental health.

NYHC HARDCORE BAND
www.myspace.com/lacedjoint

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:27 pm
Forum User

Post Re: Solitary Confinement

very good article. very good. it shows us a different side of life. its sad that society cannot view it this way because of their beliefs in america. we're too worried about making everyone happy than individual human needs. this is america, the once free and beautiful, now ugly, corrupt, and upside down.

is all we taste
poison clouds
in ruptured skies
they enjoy progress
while your children die

Fri May 20, 2011 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]