Aesthetic Death
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:52 am



Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Women in politic's 
Author Message
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

I said nothing about the quality of drugs, I said they are manufactured for one reason: money. I don't think competition breeds excellence either, it breeds companies prepared to get ahead by any means neccessary. A free market? this must be why american stuff is so shit, just look at your cars, there's a reason only americans buy american cars.

Hello Karnagoz, you might remember me as forum member formally known as thoraxembalmer :p


Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:20 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Cleveland OH
Reply with quote
Post 

Damn! this turned from a good topic to a fantastic topic! Everybody here makes interesting and valid points.


Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:16 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:59 am
Posts: 2721
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Reply with quote
Post 

dormammu6 wrote:
Damn! this turned from a good topic to a fantastic topic! Everybody here makes interesting and valid points.


Honestly I didn't mean to derail it too much, I know Aldo was dead set on talking about women in politics, soooo....hm, yeah. How about that Hillary Clinton? I heard that she's a woman.

_________________
Peace is a waste of time.


Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:56 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 317
Location: Arizona
Reply with quote
Post 

thx1138 wrote:
I said nothing about the quality of drugs, I said they are manufactured for one reason: money. I don't think competition breeds excellence either, it breeds companies prepared to get ahead by any means neccessary.


elaborate.

_________________
funn! O)))


Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

competition does not neccessarily mean excellence, it means companies desperate to get ahead of other companies.
It simply becomes about who can make the most money, this is deemed success, it doesn't really matter how
that money was made. If you made less money than the competition then you have failled.
When this is used for such things as hospital care you end up with the nightmare system in the US where
medical care is virtually in the hands of insurance companies instead of people who know about medicine
or actually want to help you such as doctors. You end up with massive chain stores that have lots of products
but they are quantity over quality, wal-mart/asda stores with masses of sub-quality food, hmv with lots of
shitty pop music that they want you to listen to. It's the death of independant stores, I can think of so many
great little independant music stores that used to be around here, all of which are gone, killed by hmv and
the chain it is part of. That's what it means to me, more products but less choice.


Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:15 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 317
Location: Arizona
Reply with quote
Post 

the golden rule of the market is that in order to make money you have to have a decent product, the higher quality your product is for the money it costs, the more money you will make, that is why burger king is doing so poorly. that is the way the market works, deny it all you want, but that is how things are. just look at in n' out burger, they use extremely high quality ingredients, so high quality that they cannot spread east past the rocky mountains because it would be too expensive to ship the beef they use fresh. every day in the in n' out by there are at least 25 customers at any given moment (usually more). success comes with quality. also, wal-mart sells quality foods. i buy all my food there because i get name brand foods for much cheaper than anywhere else. i like it and i don't get sick from it.

_________________
funn! O)))


Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:06 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

Haha yeah I unfortunately bought some food in asda/wal-mart, I'm not doing that again. I'm not denying the way the market works, I just don't like it and you or anyone else isn't ever going to convince me otherwise. Who really gives a fuck about how high quality the food is in a fast food place, they are a part of the problem. Eat some real food, not that processed shit. What next? the iBurger maybe? I can surf the net and get fat at the same time, hey we can market this to those morons out in mong land!


Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:05 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:38 am
Posts: 53
Reply with quote
Post 

perennialsorrow wrote:
i support women in politics, just not hilary. she is in support of big government, social programs, a strong drug war, and generally things that clash with liberty as defined by the american constitution.


Social programs dont clash with the constitution.

Hilary Clinton should be hated because she is a bigotry-bating slimeball that acts as if she is "progressive" when those emails about obama were traced to her campaign. (in addition to other things)


Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

perennialsorrow wrote:
wal-mart sells quality foods. i buy all my food there because i get name brand foods for much cheaper than anywhere else. i like it and i don't get sick from it.


Yeah but you have to remember that most of the stuff wal-mart sells is made in places like China, Honduras, Bangladesh where they work for up to 3 dollars a day in pretty much sweatshop conditions so the wonderful things they sell are products of these peoples blood, sweat, tears and misery. Even US employees of wal-mart have to get government funded medical aid because they don't earn enough money to afford such a thing themselves. Not to mention the intentional destruction of any and all competition and the fact that they actually get subsidies to set up shop that you would not get if you tried to start your own business. Maybe you should think about that when you shop in happy smiley wal-mart.
Sorry to keep hijacking this topic.


Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:18 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

asbestos wrote:
perennialsorrow wrote:
i support women in politics, just not hilary. she is in support of big government, social programs, a strong drug war, and generally things that clash with liberty as defined by the american constitution.


Social programs dont clash with the constitution.

Hilary Clinton should be hated because she is a bigotry-bating slimeball that acts as if she is "progressive" when those emails about obama were traced to her campaign. (in addition to other things)


Hilary Clinton, queen of the republicrats. Still, no chance of her being impeached for someone sucking her cock.


Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:03 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:01 am
Posts: 1445
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Reply with quote
Post 

thx1138 wrote:
Hilary Clinton, queen of the republicrats. Still, no chance of her being impeached for someone sucking her cock.


Most people just assume there's no cock down below there, but there are a few that know and they are silent about this. :p

Anyway, does anyone remember the times when Bill Clinton had built his (first) campaign on saying he'll promote human rights in the world, such as in China and so?

I find Obama and his idealism to be a little more like Jimmy Carter on this - he's more likely to do a little over here just because he really seems to believe in what's he saying. (I'm not saying that America's interests will change to some idealists' interests...)

_________________
Sonic terrorism is too important to be left to ideological amateurs.


Thu May 01, 2008 11:58 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

Worm of Na'Ruq wrote:
thx1138 wrote:
Hilary Clinton, queen of the republicrats. Still, no chance of her being impeached for someone sucking her cock.


Most people just assume there's no cock down below there, but there are a few that know and they are silent about this. :p

Anyway, does anyone remember the times when Bill Clinton had built his (first) campaign on saying he'll promote human rights in the world, such as in China and so?

I find Obama and his idealism to be a little more like Jimmy Carter on this - he's more likely to do a little over here just because he really seems to believe in what's he saying. (I'm not saying that America's interests will change to some idealists' interests...)


I find them all equally as bad as oneanother. Doesn't obama also believe in a magical man in the sky that watches us at all times to damn us to hell if we break any of the 10 commandments? oh yeah, the magical man does all this because he loves us :rofl:
I think, whoever most directly conforms to the insterests of the US federal bank will be the next US president :)


Thu May 01, 2008 3:40 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:01 am
Posts: 1445
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Reply with quote
Post 

Well, I'm glad I'm not american, so I don't need to choose either :) Under these conditions I'm starting to see McCain as a good choice by the Republicans though.

_________________
Sonic terrorism is too important to be left to ideological amateurs.


Thu May 01, 2008 4:53 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 317
Location: Arizona
Reply with quote
Post 

they are all assholes (except for ron paul, who released a book today that is already more than best-selling, about the "revolution" in america for constitutional rights). furthermore, jimmy carter and LBJ are the two greatest assholes of the 20th century.

_________________
funn! O)))


Fri May 02, 2008 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:01 am
Posts: 1445
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Reply with quote
Post 

perennialsorrow wrote:
furthermore, jimmy carter and LBJ are the two greatest assholes of the 20th century.

This sounds like an unconscious legitimization of Hitler, Stalin or the architects of apartheid...
This is quite interesting anyway, since apart from the extreme increase in military spending and a few things (which he would have had to do anyway), I don't see that much controversy about JC. (Except for that he was a U.S. president during the Cold War, what qualifies him as an asshole by principle :;): )
What I was trying to put out was that in comparison to the republicans, the democrats do not even have this sorte of "ethos" or an identity which would be more than just a "being an alternative to 'em at all costs."

_________________
Sonic terrorism is too important to be left to ideological amateurs.


Fri May 02, 2008 8:36 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:59 am
Posts: 2721
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Reply with quote
Post 

Quote:
Hello Karnagoz, you might remember me as forum member formally known as thoraxembalmer


Shit, I just noticed this. Hey man, why didn't you say something earlier?

_________________
Peace is a waste of time.


Fri May 02, 2008 1:29 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

Karnagoz wrote:
Quote:
Hello Karnagoz, you might remember me as forum member formally known as thoraxembalmer


Shit, I just noticed this. Hey man, why didn't you say something earlier?


Hehe I admit I was hiding. How are you anyway?


Sat May 03, 2008 10:54 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:59 am
Posts: 2721
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Reply with quote
Post 

Same ol' sixes and sevens. Looking forward to taking leave in July.

_________________
Peace is a waste of time.


Sat May 03, 2008 5:57 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 317
Location: Arizona
Reply with quote
Post 

Worm of Na'Ruq wrote:
perennialsorrow wrote:
furthermore, jimmy carter and LBJ are the two greatest assholes of the 20th century.

This sounds like an unconscious legitimization of Hitler, Stalin or the architects of apartheid...
This is quite interesting anyway, since apart from the extreme increase in military spending and a few things (which he would have had to do anyway), I don't see that much controversy about JC. (Except for that he was a U.S. president during the Cold War, what qualifies him as an asshole by principle :;): )
What I was trying to put out was that in comparison to the republicans, the democrats do not even have this sorte of "ethos" or an identity which would be more than just a "being an alternative to 'em at all costs."


good point on the hitler and stalin thing, BUT YOU FORGOT MAO. yeah, they were much bigger assholes, so let me rephrase that last part to "in america in the 20th century." republicans and democrats are exactly the same these days, hence the words "republicrats." jimmy carter had the worst foreign policy imaginable, worse (dare i say) than bush. he fucked up so hard with the crisis in iran; furthermore, unemployment in the US was at a record rate of 7.5%, inflation got to 12%, and volatile interest rates went all the way up to 20% TWICE while he was in office. he was a serious bastard. at the time and still today many americans referred to him as "asshole carter."

_________________
funn! O)))


Sun May 04, 2008 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:01 am
Posts: 1445
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Reply with quote
Post 

Okay, that's a convincing argument.

_________________
Sonic terrorism is too important to be left to ideological amateurs.


Mon May 05, 2008 7:08 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.