Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Beer 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post Re: Beer

That's a large part of the fun, when people are taking offence of the jokes you can make. Girls who really like and know beers are still of an original variety which I don't know much about.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 am
Forum User

Tschusch wrote:

myrkarna_sachnoth_noctrum wrote:
Then there's another local brewery called Borg that I find interesting..

What a great name for a brewery. Resistance is futile! :laugh:
Btw, i always thought you were from Finland ... No idea why.

I'm guessing it's because of my love of most things Finnish and the country itself (even their cheap beer). I'm sorry to make you sad (and me as well), but I'm not Finnish. I'll let you know if it changes! Btw, does anyone know of any noteworthy microbreweries in Finland?

I tried an Imperial Stout from a Norwegian microbrewery called Nogne O last Friday. I liked it a lot.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

This is what I'll be enjoying tonight. It's cool because this triple IPA is from a microbrewery in Portland, Oregon and I'm located in Iceland.

Sat May 04, 2013 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

^^ I haz a minor envy.

Sun May 05, 2013 8:37 pm
Forum User

Currently drinking Moon Man, a pale ale exclusively sold in Wisconsin, US.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:16 am
Forum User

Love to drink beer more than any other liquids.
Wine is too sour or to sweet, vodka & whiskey are to strong (or make to much headache) as compared to timescale. Therefore I prefer beer (although I live in Poland) from Czech Rep. (or Slovakia) with ~4% of alcohol.
This can give me a chance to spend a fantastic weekend evening(s) with wife & friends & without any huge hangover on Sunday :D

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Forum User

I was born and raised in nothern bavaria, the area is called Franken (Franconia). The area is split in three sub-areas, where different alcoholic preferences. So, the place where I was born and raised is called "Weinfranken" (Franconia of Wine) and there is another area in upper franconia called "Bierfranken" (Franconia of Beer).

In upper Franconia lies the great bavarian beer history and in Bamberg area, there is the highest brewery density on our planet. This is actually very nice, because you have the ability to get in touch with dozens of great beers by rather small, regional breweries. German beer culture spreat from this place and is still very important for Germanys culture today.

If you'd like to try, I would recommend the following beers (and no, don't expect your typical "export" brew):

- Schlenkerla Rauchbier: This is actually the living example of franconian Beer. A very special beer, which is brewed in Bamberg. It's internationally known for its unique and strong taste, won dozens of prices. It is actually an UNESCO world heritage. Some say it tastes like smoked ham. Doom as F*ck! In Bamberg city, there is a beautiful traditional restaurant, which is about 500 years old (as far as I know at least) where Schlenkerla is consumed by all the people visiting this beautiful city. If you make a trip to Germany, don't hesitate to visit this place.

- Maisels and Friends - Jeffs Bavarian Ale: This small brewery has many great beers. The Signature Series is absolutely great and have a strong character. Check it out, if you like stuff like this.

- Bayreuther Bierbrauerei Aktien Zwickl Kellerbier: Typical for the beer identity of franconia is Kellerbier. Just check it out, if you're into nice and charismatic beers.

Prost!

- Shrines of Dying Light -

Wed May 29, 2019 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

I travel very often to northern Bavaria - Marktredwitz town - and hava an occasion to drink white beer Kapuziner, Monchshof and local Nothhalf - geez, this is the fastest process of pissing after one glass.
Cheers!

Wed May 29, 2019 9:11 am
Forum User

sinus wrote:
I travel very often to northern Bavaria - Marktredwitz town - and hava an occasion to drink white beer Kapuziner, Monchshof and local Nothhalf - geez, this is the fastest process of pissing after one glass.
Cheers!

Do you like it there in Marktredwitz? I've been there a few times as I was a kid.

Anyway, Prost!

- Shrines of Dying Light -

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

I'm in Bamberg quite often. Don't fancy Schlenkerla that much however - because it actually tastes like ham.

I prefer Zwergla. It's a dark beer that is quite... dark.

The thing about Bamberg is, that no matter how drunk someone is, he's always able to tell you where the highest brewery density actually lies. If we had any more breweries we'd reach critical mass and who knows what might happen. :beerchug:

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10