Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Welcome back ! 
Forum User

Post Welcome back !

Welcome back to the doom-metal Ataraxie forum, mark III !

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Hello! What's up with Ataraxie atm? :)

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:27 am
They're waiting for us to stop being lazy :;):

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:12 am
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Sad guys... this will be a long and torturous wait. They should write and record some music to express this long and torturous wait; else they might perish, carrying this weight all the time.

(Yes, I am bored; deeply bored. I'd love not to be lazy, but I'm at my wannabe-work where nobody gives you a proper and meaningful task, thus what else could I do than sit around and write dubious posts?)

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:09 am
Forum User

Well, the band is atm quite busy. As Dan said, we finished recording our tracks for the Ataraxie/Imindain split, we now are waiting for our lazy friends to finish their part, and we'll be able to release it.

We also have a couple of gigs in the next weeks, then we will focus on finishing the lyrics and work on last details for the next album.

We will be in the studio for tracks recording between september 11th and 17th.

Quite soon, the Dutch Doom Day V DVD should be out, there will be the 'another day of despondency' track on it.

Other projects includes recording a split 10" with Worship that would include a cover from Trouble. Jonathan met the band recently and had permission directly from them (i let you imagine how excited he was!)
on a longer term, our projects includes re-recordings for 'the other path', but it will take a little more time, as you guess our next album.

We also recently got endorsed by Laboga amps from poland, we'll tell more about this ASAP.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Thanks a lot for the info, Fred. "Another Day Of Despondency" is, of course, a good track for the DVD (as any other track would have been), but I personally would have loved to see "L'Ataraxie"... As I said countless times before, I can't wait for the next album. September is sooo far away! :;):

Last edited by d.mimøsa on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:45 pm
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

doomfred wrote:
Well, the band is atm quite busy. As Dan said, we finished recording our tracks for the Ataraxie/Imindain split, we now are waiting for our lazy friends to finish their part, and we'll be able to release it.

We also have a couple of gigs in the next weeks, then we will focus on finishing the lyrics and work on last details for the next album.

We will be in the studio for tracks recording between september 11th and 17th.

Quite soon, the Dutch Doom Day V DVD should be out, there will be the 'another day of despondency' track on it.

Other projects includes recording a split 10" with Worship that would include a cover from Trouble. Jonathan met the band recently and had permission directly from them (i let you imagine how excited he was!)
on a longer term, our projects includes re-recordings for 'the other path', but it will take a little more time, as you guess our next album.

We also recently got endorsed by Laboga amps from poland, we'll tell more about this ASAP.

Keep us posted about the split and the new album- you've a lot to live upto! :)

Congrats on the Laboga endorsement, i was going to get one of their amps a while back, but decided against it eventually. What are their cabs like? I was considering taking a trip to Paris and visiting the dealer there to get one, but i've not had any experience with them personally.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:46 pm
Forum User

That's some cool news! Especially the idea of the Trouble-cover (ImageImageImage) split with Worship sounds interesting...

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:34 pm
Forum User

Just want to precise that nothing is sure for the split with Worship. A label that i won't name, made that proposal but nothing is 100% confirmed for the moment. The only thing which is confirmed is that we got the permission from the band Trouble to cover one of their songs and it will be "the skull" song.

Otherwise, we will release "slow transcending agony" on LP on ostra records in a few weeks. We are now finishing the details of the artwork so everything should be sent to the pressing plant really soon.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:13 pm
Forum User

Greetings again. This is sounding really good! I'm looking forward to the new Ataraxie album. And a split with Worship would be truly awesome. Also, I agree that while any of the live tracks would've been great for the DDD DVD, "L'Ataraxie" would be particularly great.

Is there any word on the rerelease of The Other Path?

(A bit random, but the times in the tracklist for Slow Transcending Agony are not correct on the website.)

I wish I could attend those gigs. May they go well.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Just to keep you updated, we're booked into the studio in four weeks, and the recordings should be done in five... so hopefully the split will see the light of day in a couple of months time!
Expect total gothic doom metals!!!!!! :;):

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:04 pm
Forum User

If I can play it right this time!!

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:13 am
Profile WWW
MarkArse wrote:
If I can play it right this time!!

Goth.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 am
Forum User

doomfred wrote:

What is the reason for re-recording ? Should we expect any drastic changes ?

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:22 am
Forum User

maartje wrote:
doomfred wrote:

What is the reason for re-recording ? Should we expect any drastic changes ?

Good to hear. I haven`t listened the original "the other path" at all mainly cos it has been sold out. Would like to have it.

Yeah, good to see this forum getting a bit lively again :p

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:57 pm
Profile YIM
Forum User

well, there are two mains reasons:

- people still have a demand for it

- STA was such a big step into improving our sounds that we feel we need to re-record "the other path", at least correct some of it's badest weaknesses.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Funny, when I first heard STA, I disliked it because it sounded so different from "The other path" :p
But no worries, i got into STA after all, and now it's one of my favorite doom albums.

I wonder if you'll be able to make it sound heavier :headbanghair:

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]