Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Promoting for a broader crowd (stoner/sludge/drone) 
Forum User

Post Promoting for a broader crowd (stoner/sludge/drone)

As mentioned in the 'Is This Forum Dead' thread, this forum is kind of dead. A doom metal forum doesn't exactly come across as sociable. There's enough talk about stoner and 60's/70's psychedelic stuff as well, so why not promote this forum as Doom-metal.com, the forum for doom/sludge/stoner/drone and 60's/70's?

I recently signed in because I just happened to notice that there's talk about these genres as well and considering my music taste, a funeral/traditional doom forum isn't too inviting for me. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, but I'm more of a stoner/doom/sludge and obscure 60's/70's and drone guy. Why not give the logo a update and refresh everything? Imagine the logo being in a font of the Orange/Matamp or Sunn logo? I don't know, something.

Well, again, don't get me wrong..I like the forum but something needs to be done! I'm even thinking of trying to offer myself for the new moderator position (but I've been here for a too short period). I've done lots of promo for all the shows I organized so far and if I can help in some way, I will.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post Re: Promoting for a broader crowd (stoner/sludge/drone)

we stay open to every proposition... as a matter of fact, the site has been suspended during almost a month; things have been re-thought since and there's still work to do, I admit...

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:41 pm
Forum User

Post Re: Promoting for a broader crowd (stoner/sludge/drone)

baphomet wrote:
we stay open to every proposition... as a matter of fact, the site has been suspended during almost a month; things have been re-thought since and there's still work to do, I admit...

Of course and understandable! Check one of these pages, they all have their own style and a certain vintage atmosphere, which is quite awesome:

http://www.stonerrock.com/

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]