Aesthetic Death
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
I HATE... 
Forum User

Post Re: I HATE...

How to not start a Mournful Congregation review... "I would be lying if I said that funeral doom was my favorite style of doom. Sure, I love disEMBOWELMENT..." :piss:

Edit: Also, the doom-metal.com the book of kings review says its their third album when its really their fourth...

Last edited by Orbea variegata on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:43 pm
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Well, "Tears from a Grieving Heart" is something of a borderline case since it only used to be available on the 2CD compilation for a long time and was often treated as something like a full-length demo, but technically, I guess you're right. I'll edit the review. It's been re-released indivually in the meantime anyway, though I probably won't buy it since I own "The Dawning of Mournful Hymns".

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:36 pm
Forum User

I hate not having more time on my hands. I'm so busy these days I barely have time for myself.

Also ... I hate getting up at 5am. :angry:

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 pm
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Maybe you should try to get a different job? 5 am is inhumane...

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:10 am
Forum User

One does not simply find another job. :D
So waking up at 5am is still acceptable. :=)

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:39 pm
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

To me, getting up at 5 a.m. will never be anywhere close to acceptable... Anyway, I'm glad that part of the welfare system in my country is still functioning so I don't have to make such huge sacrifices, even though there's always some degree of sacrifice (as opposed to mere compromise, mind you) involved anyway. I couldn't possibly work more than part-time at the moment. If you know your way around bureaucracy around here and can prove you have such restrictions, you can still get some financial support, which is a good thing (without it I'd be doomed).

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:41 pm
Forum User

baphomet wrote:
I hate Officium Triste; what a lame band. I'm relistening to the Thergothon tribute double-cd. Officium Triste are plain ridiculous sugar-coated doom for nurseries.
I'm sure they're all nice guys; at leats the singer/songwriter. But do nice, friendly guys write good doom songs? Don't you have to be a bit on the edge, a bit desperate, bitter and sad...? There're other niches for nice guys...

Well, I do like some sugar in my coffee. :p
You're entitled to 'hate' whatever/whomever you want but linking 'being on edge' and good doom is absurd. Have you met any musicians in the doomscene? Those edgy characters you're talking about are well hidden. I'm not going to list all the great warm friendly people I've met sharing stages. (A discussion on who is nice and who is not is a bit deus ex machina) But I think you'd surprise that 'nice' wrote some brilliant doom records. The connection between doommusic and desparate figures is a cliché.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

yes, I suppose I know that, that was just sarcasm. But that music just oozes good feelings, and that bothers me really. It's downright insipid and mushy. Where's the edge?

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:13 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

baphomet wrote:
Where's the edge?

Come on, you don't need the edge to make their albums better... look at what he's done with U2!

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:51 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

huhu!

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:25 pm
Forum User

Merchant of Doom wrote:
I would add Metal Storm to the list... they always get the doom albums completely wrong... last one is Descend into Despair, labelled as Funeral Doom... I've given up putting things straight over there. I just get insults.

You get insults, because you deserve them. You invade doom reviews and pretend to be the be all end all authority on doom metal. You pick on genre names and are completely impervious to any arguments or discussions. You come across as an arrogant prick who looks down on everyone. Be friendly and respect others and you will receive appropriate treatment, just like anyone else who behaves well.

No, I'm not Bittercold, neither am I a member of MetalStorm staff. I'm just a frequent user who happened to notice what a stuckup doorknob you are.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:03 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Skepticism wrote:
Merchant of Doom wrote:
I would add Metal Storm to the list... they always get the doom albums completely wrong... last one is Descend into Despair, labelled as Funeral Doom... I've given up putting things straight over there. I just get insults.

You get insults, because you deserve them. You invade doom reviews and pretend to be the be all end all authority on doom metal. You pick on genre names and are completely impervious to any arguments or discussions. You come across as an arrogant prick who looks down on everyone. Be friendly and respect others and you will receive appropriate treatment, just like anyone else who behaves well.

No, I'm not Bittercold, neither am I a member of MetalStorm staff. I'm just a frequent user who happened to notice what a stuckup doorknob you are.

thanks mate... be friendly and respect others like you are doing here... and also talking about insulting... :D

I only intervene because all MS "reviewers" always get it wrong when reviewing doom albums. If they didn't, I wouldn't point it out. As simple as that... when they learn to do their job properly, I'll keep my mouth shut... now go back and keep licking their arses over there...

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:48 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Behave and toe the line; be nice and suck all balls you'll come across; be gentle and don't ever speak ill of anyone; you deserve to be insulted because you're not one of us; being negative is not repectful.
I've seen that nauseous rhetoric before.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:32 pm
Staff Member
Staff Member

I hate insomnia. I wish I could just sleep normally like a regular person.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:43 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Skepticism wrote:

Interesting.

I was curious, simply because that doesn't sound much like Merch's style at all. And - apologies for introducing some facts to your rant - but his posting history shows that, in fact, it isn't: http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/search.php?user_id=23112&user_name=Merchant+of+Doom&searchwhere=posts.
So, what you're objecting to is that he sometimes fairly respectfully invades forums like a one-man invasion of, er, one, and debates...his opinion (on a subject in which he actually is something of an expert), typically in polite fashion?

It is mildly amusing that you seem to think that gives you the moral authority, in a comment like this, to patronise other people with your personal internet policing of "appropriate treatment". Not amusing enough, though, to prevent the observation that the only reason you don't come across as a complete cunt is that some parts are obviously missing.

That isn't team loyalty, by the way: Merch is perfectly capable of standing up for himself. It's my personal response to the dishonesty and hypocrisy of your post. I expect your mum can help out if you have any difficulty understanding any of that.

Still, thanks for reminding me, in an entirely apposite thread, that what I really hate about the world today is the number of butthurt emotional ten-year-olds with a vast sense of entitlement.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:50 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

btw, again this Metalstorm site seems to be one of those countless ones that tend to systematically give high marks to the albums they review. hardly nothing under 7... What a surprise.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:45 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

d.mimøsa wrote:
To me, getting up at 5 a.m. will never be anywhere close to acceptable...

I'm up at around 6; I find that totally acceptable and enjoyable even. I love morning far more than evening. Evening is death.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:48 am
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

TheUnhinged wrote:
I hate insomnia. I wish I could just sleep normally like a regular person.

I know exactly what you mean... :/

baphomet wrote:
d.mimøsa wrote:
To me, getting up at 5 a.m. will never be anywhere close to acceptable...

I'm up at around 6; I find that totally acceptable and enjoyable even. I love morning far more than evening. Evening is death.

Currently I'm getting up at around 8, and this is already unnaturally early for me. I've simply got a very different biorhythm, and what's more, the amount of sleep I require is unusually high plus the quality of my sleep unusually low most of the time. Thus it'd be entirely impossible for me to get enough sleep when getting up at 5 or 6 a.m., and I wouldn't be able to do anything productive during daytime. This doesn't mean I dislike morningtime, but nature pretty much prevents me from ever enjoying it.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:01 pm
Forum User

I don't mind mornings, although I'm normally far too tired and sleepy to fully appreciate them. Well, the fact I love about mornings is, you know, the rising of the sun, the different soft shades of the early morning sunlight, empty streets, birds chirping away. :) Sadly, the reality for me is usually quite the opposite: rush hour, crowded public transport, cold outside, everybody's rude, plus I'm a zombie before I have my coffee. So, I sort of prefer evenings nevertheless. :)

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:59 pm
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

It's very similar for me. I do like those aspects you've mentioned, but usually I can't get up early enough to get to enjoy them, and if I do get up at that time of day, it usually has to do with something stressful very much in the vein of the second part of your post.

I hate how this year has been developing: it started in such a pleasant way, but soon evolved into an endless chain of bad news, devastating realisations and disadvantageous developments. :puke:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next