Aesthetic Death
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
New Star Wars 
Forum User

Post Re: New Star Wars

And she was and probably still is the perfect example of how to craft a female protagonist who a) doesn't alienate the male audience and b) potentially draws in a female audience. She's competent in a traditionally male context without sacrificing anything that fundamentally makes her a woman. One in a million character crafting that was only really ever approached elsewhere with Sarah Connor in Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Shame that Sarah Connor was another character that was later destroyed by sub-par filmmakers.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:16 am
Forum User

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:25 pm
Forum User

Episode 9 is going to be another dumpster fire just like the Last Jedi. :D

There are so many rumours circulating on how messy this production has been (6 different endings?) and how retarded it's going to get (Palpatine is just a hologram whaaat :rofl:). Why would they even bring the old guy back. If someone's dead then surely it would be him.

That's what you get for using two complete hacks of a director, not even having a general outline of the story of a "trilogy" and pushing gender politics down our throats...

Time to vote with our wallets.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:24 pm
Forum User

you are too kind. it can't suck as much as TLJ, but yeah it's gonna be bad... and THEN they're gonna roll out the next trilogy, by those guys who did game of thrones (the series, not the books)... the Sith are here, and their new name is Disney.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:05 am
Forum User

So, have you seen the mandalorian yet? I hear it's quite good actually. Might just be a case of setting the bar very low after TLJ.

There's a guy on youtube called... doomcock. I watch his stuff for the latest Star Wars controversies. He's entertaining and happens to be the future ruler of the earth.

What did you think of rogue one? It's the only one of the newer ones I liked. It was nothing special but also not abysmal. :rainy:

Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:35 pm
Forum User

have seen first 3 eps of the mandalorian... it's okay. chock full of references to the original trilogy as expected, bit too slow and predictable for me... bit too targeted to children as well, I think, tho that last bit was probably intended. it's watchable, but I'm not gonna tell anyone to watch it. needless to say, better than the last 4 SW movies. of which I also liked rogue one the best, but mostly bcs of the last 5 minutes of it :)

I looked up this doomcock, and I'm sorry to say I'm not gonna watch a 50 minute review of a movie I did not like in the first place. if there's a short video of his that amply demonstrates whatever you like about him, please do share...

I prefer this guy's videos:

I think I musta watched his GoT pitch meeting like 50 times. and I'm still laughing myself silly.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:48 am
Forum User

abigail wrote:
have seen first 3 eps of the mandalorian... it's okay. chock full of references to the original trilogy as expected, bit too slow and predictable for me... bit too targeted to children as well, I think, tho that last bit was probably intended. it's watchable, but I'm not gonna tell anyone to watch it. needless to say, better than the last 4 SW movies. of which I also liked rogue one the best, but mostly bcs of the last 5 minutes of it :)

I looked up this doomcock, and I'm sorry to say I'm not gonna watch a 50 minute review of a movie I did not like in the first place. if there's a short video of his that amply demonstrates whatever you like about him, please do share...

I prefer this guy's videos:

I think I musta watched his GoT pitch meeting like 50 times. and I'm still laughing myself silly.

In that video he isn't all that different to doomcock. Just much more compressed. He also beats a a dead horse. He points out the same things as well.

If you watched a movie and hated it no critique will change your mind or make you feel better about wasting your money. Might as well watch a 50 minute video to go full dark side on it. :p

It's hard to point out a single video I like best about doomcock. There are others like him that, oddly enough, are even more long winded! Their videos go on for hours and are excruciating in their nerdish detail.

The thing is: Doomcock has saved me from watching more than one bad movie (that is slightly longer than his video). When I watched force awakens I thought it was an ok movie. I didn't feel like watching it again. After I had almost forgotten about this bland movie I watched one of his bickering videos about it and this made me appreciate the movie for what it is: Excessively screentested, creatively bankrupt trash.

There is something about people getting worked up over dumb stuff like hollywood popcorn movies and directors doing whatever they feel like with the lore behind a long running series. Pissing off half the internet.

Thanks for the link, btw.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:30 pm
Forum User

you didn't exactly sell me the "watching an hour-long review is so much better than watching the movie itself", so here's another short vid I liked:

the line about Finn alone is worth the 5 mins :D

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:35 am
Forum User

Fine. Go and have something better to do, then :p

Have you seen this:

Check out 14:40. Sums it up quite nicely.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm
Forum User

20 mins from 50, that's good progress, kind sir. keep taking those pills and come see me again in 2 weeks. Jocelyn will see you out. thanks, good day to you too :p

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2