The Doomed Forum
http://www.doom-metal.com/phpbb2/

Your favourite film?
http://www.doom-metal.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=604
Page 6 of 6

Author:  baphomet [ Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

My all time favourites must be:

Aguirre, Der Gottes Zorn
Lost Highway
Under the Skin
There Will Be Blood
Deliverance
Come and See
Apocalypse Now
The Godfather
Horror of Dracula
The Man Who Would Be King
The Thing
Blade Runner
Raiders of The Lost Ark
Sherlock, Jr(Keaton)
A few Ozu
A few Satyajit Ray
The Chainsaw Massacre
Heaven's Gates
REC
Dirty Harry
Josey Wales

... and that's just to name but few that I love....

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

baphomet wrote:
My all time favourites must be:

Aguirre, Der Gottes Zorn


yes!

Author:  baphomet [ Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

Merchant of Doom wrote:
baphomet wrote:
My all time favourites must be:

Aguirre, Der Gottes Zorn


yes!


I love the opening, the thin line of conquistadors clumsily finding their way on these steep tropical hills - with that wonderful soundtrack by Popol Vuh - I love the end on the raft, and pretty much everything inbetween is lovable. A film that is very much grounded in a tangible reality, and so very out of this world at the same time.
I'm a fan of most of Herzog's films. Both his remakes of Nosferatu and Bad Lieutenant are astonishing. Fitzcarraldo is another summit of his filmography. Did you see his film about the shooting of Fitzcarraldo? I guess it's called 'Intimate ennemies"; This man is so passionate about his job! Grizzly Man is another film/'mockumentary' very much worth seeing.

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

baphomet wrote:
Merchant of Doom wrote:
baphomet wrote:
My all time favourites must be:

Aguirre, Der Gottes Zorn


yes!


I love the opening, the thin line of conquistadors clumsily finding their way on these steep tropical hills - with that wonderful soundtrack by Popol Vuh - I love the end on the raft, and pretty much everything inbetween is lovable. A film that is very much grounded in a tangible reality, and so very out of this world at the same time.
I'm a fan of most of Herzog's films. Both his remakes of Nosferatu and Bad Lieutenant are astonishing. Fitzcarraldo is another summit of his filmography. Did you see his film about the shooting of Fitzcarraldo? I guess it's called 'Intimate ennemies"; This man is so passionate about his job! Grizzly Man is another film/'mockumentary' very much worth seeing.


Love everything by Herzog... but I haven't seen the "making of Fitzcarraldo", unfortunately... I'll have to dig it out...

Author:  baphomet [ Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

Here you are:
part one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn3hS8CLyvQ

part two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq4vinsWIUw

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?




cheers!

Author:  bludpuddn [ Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

NTNR wrote:
bludpuddn wrote:
They Live is my favorite movie. I have watched it alot. Dead Zone is also really good.



I saw it once on TV and it was pretty cool. I've been meaning to watch it again.


I really dig it. I have watched it many times and I never get tired of it.

Author:  VesicaP23 [ Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

2001
Terminator 1 & 2
Star Wars episode IV a new hope
Stalker
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Deer Hunter
Slacker
To Catch a Killer (tv movie)
Warriors
Excalibur
Koyaanisquatsi

not a comprehensive list by any means but a few to be going on with...

Author:  najeffers [ Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

VesicaP23 wrote:
2001
Terminator 1 & 2
Star Wars episode IV a new hope
Stalker
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Deer Hunter
Slacker
To Catch a Killer (tv movie)
Warriors
Excalibur
Koyaanisquatsi

not a comprehensive list by any means but a few to be going on with...

The Good, the bad and the Ugly was quite a nice one i agree!. Warriors was good too!, so i guess our list is not so different. I might try to borrow the others on your list :)

Author:  swallowthesun [ Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite film?

It has to be The Matrix - there isn't something I could watch again and again and still not be excited.

Page 6 of 6 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/