Vanha - Black Lion
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Drugs 
Forum User

Drugs are a double edged sword. Yeah they can be lots of fun but they can also be no fun at all and at the least turn you into a scumbag and at worst a corpse.
I still smoke weed but I've seen people I know die because of heroin. I'd advise anyone taking drugs just to be sensible and know when to stop as it's no fun at all being a drug dependent junkie.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:12 pm
Forum User

I want to hear more from the man who condones suicide to all drug users!

www.myspace.com/portentuk

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:18 pm
Forum User

I think "Drugs" is a misleading term & each drug should be considered on it's individual merits / problems.

I've tried various things over the years & found that the downside generally outweighs the up. MDMA / Base / Speed are all very nice when you're up, but the comedown is horrible. MDMA is about equal to an alcohol hangover but one of the worst days of my life was on a Base comedown. I'd been up all night, couldn't sleep although I was desperately tired, had a full day of work then got in a fight & vowed never to take the stuff again.
Trips are unpredictable & can be frigtening or fantastic. Sometimes both. Plus, I've had some flashbacks up to 3 months after the trip.
Excessive Alcohol turns me in to a dribbling fool & then I feel terrible for a day.
Of course, there's all the physical damage too...

I think most things taken in moderation are OK. I've seen people mess their lives up with over-doing various types of drugs. One kid from my school died of a Heroin Overdose & another died from solvent abuse. That's what can happen when things are taken too far.

I still smoke weed quite regularly & drink alcohol a couple of times a week. I've never had an addiction. After I finished college, I was concerned that I might be getting addicted to weed but I stopped for about half a year with no problems. Then I thought "HEY, I like weed!" & started smoking again.

Basically, people are going to to what they please & it's impossible to stop recreational drug use or misuse. THE WAR ON DRUGS IS LOST! So lets update the drug laws (including nicotine, alcohol, prescription drugs etc) based on the dangers of each drug & then we can all get high on government sanctioned, super-clean futuristic drugs!!!

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

I dont mind having a jay or 2. Although I never do it in Dubai!! Jail for 4 years AND deportation. Kinda sucks!!!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:19 pm
Forum User

In the end you are only playing with your senses. 2, 3, 30, 40 years you'll be dead and who'll care? It doesn't matter.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:20 am
Forum User

Funeral Tragedian wrote:
I dont mind having a jay or 2. Although I never do it in Dubai!! Jail for 4 years AND deportation. Kinda sucks!!!

Boy, that's really hard! :shock:

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:56 pm
Forum User

My opinion on drugs is a very muddled and confused one. On one hand I think we have the right to do what we want with our bodies and so forth but on the other hand I've seen some truly moronic things being done by people on drugs, myself included.

What I'm sure about however, is that current drug control policies aren't working so well. "Hard drugs" are outlawed but still present, and even people who can't get them can still use prescription meds and DXM...a "drug-free America", or my country Canada for that matter, is not going to happen.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:58 pm
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

I never had any interest in drugs whatsoever. I don't see the point in influencing my mental perception with various substances, reality is as it is and any kind of escape from it doesn't seem to be anything but self-deception to me. A trip may be nice, but I don't think it's worth it if you consider all the downsides. I've even always been thinking that cigarettes belong to the most senseless things ever invented... Anyway, I don't care about others doing drugs, it's their free decision and if they like to, it's none of my business. I for my part will most likely be blackballing any kind of drugs for a lifetime, with the exception of caffeine which I need sometimes because of my sleep disturbance in order to get through the day (though I regularly don't drink more than one or two cups of white coffee a day).

On another note, as others have mentioned as well, there's no significant difference between hard drugs and alcohol etc.; probably alcohol is even more dangerous than some hard drugs, if only because of its much higher acceptance in public. I have to admit though that there was a short period of time in my life when I dismissed my principles and tried some alcohol (no hard liquor though) hoping that it could numb my mind and make me feel a little lighter. The consequences were always the same: I started talking weird and absurd stuff (with myself of course, as I spent months of isolation at that time), felt even more melancholic and desolate than normally, hated the vertigo and witnessed the threshold to doing something imprudent becoming much lower (i.e. I once considered going to a small lake right now, punching a hole into the frozen surface, stepping down into the water and waiting for me to freeze to death - which was my preferred suicide method back then). Besides, I hated everything I tried in terms of taste. One day while I was drinking a beer, I held the bottle in my hand and suddenly thought: "Why the fuck am I drinking this shit? It's disgusting and it won't make me feel better!" So I poured the rest of it away and never touched any alcohol again ever since. I have to add though that I also was aware of the fact that considering the reasons why I had started drinking, I was rather susceptible to becoming addicted, which was another important reason to give it up.

Nowadays I feel a little ashamed that I ever dismissed my principles...

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:09 am
Forum User

I think the effect of drugs greatly depends on how you feel when you're taking them. I smoke a little weed at times, but never when I'm feeling down (which hardly ever happens, fortunately) because I know it will only make me feel even worse than before. Same with alcohol, really.I've never tried anything other than weed and hash so I couldn't comment on how other drugs affect things but I suppose they generally work in the same way...

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

I smoke hash, I don't mind weed ..I don't do any chemix.
Drugs everywhere here (especially hash).

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:02 pm
jpmuikku wrote:
My opinion is pretty clear when it comes to drugs:
One drug user, one bullet.
Massgraves serve justice well.
If you drink alcohol and/or smoke tobacco, I'd suggest you remember that alcohol and nicotine are also drugs. Even kaffeine is a drug. Even though something isn't illegal doesn't mean its not a drug.

Anyone drinking and saying that drugs are bad and that they don't use them, should get off their high horse and shut up or stop drinking.

I myself am openly a druguser. I'm not proud about it, but I don't feel ashamed about it either. I drink almost every weekend and like it.

I don't really have a problem with people using drugs unless it really starts to interfere with their daily life. Addicts are usually fucked up all the time or not nice to be around when they start needing their fix.

My opinion on alcohol and cannabis is that alcohol is much more dangerous, weed should be legal and that anyone who judges weed without atleast getting high once should go ahead and try it. The couple of times I've eaten weed have been pleasant experiences.

And anyone who believes in the "gate-theory" is an idiot. I know people who smoke week on a regular basis and have never tried anything harder.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:55 pm
Forum User

What we need is less not more drugs. I'd rather prohibit alcohol and nicotine than legalize any other drugs.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
PieceOfArt wrote:
What we need is less not more drugs.
True.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:13 am
Forum User

Last edited by Kastrophee on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:41 am
Kastrophee wrote:
PieceOfArt wrote:
What we need is less not more drugs. I'd rather prohibit alcohol and nicotine than legalize any other drugs.
When they prohibited alcohol in the US (I think the 30s or something), it didn't work well...
They tried the same in Finland and it didn't work here either. Prohibiting a substance isn't going to affect its use that much, it'll more likely make it underground and much harder to control.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:07 am
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

But maybe it wouldn't be that much of a matter of course anymore. Most people don't view alcohol as something dangerous and tend to idealise it, not least because of the fact that you can get it at any supermarket or petrol station and you get flooded with glamourising propaganda on TV, bills etc... The same goes for cigarettes.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:53 am
Forum User

Tuska wrote:
jpmuikku wrote:
My opinion is pretty clear when it comes to drugs:
One drug user, one bullet.
Massgraves serve justice well.
If you drink alcohol and/or smoke tobacco, I'd suggest you remember that alcohol and nicotine are also drugs. Even kaffeine is a drug. Even though something isn't illegal doesn't mean its not a drug.
Anyone drinking and saying that drugs are bad and that they don't use them, should get off their high horse and shut up or stop drinking.

It’s the If… I have not ever used alcohol (booze, wine, beer etc) to get drunk. I have never smoked anything or used any mind altering drugs. I don’t even drink coffee. Many have been the people who have said that my life is boring because of that. Life without alcohol is no life?
I do get “high” thou. But my stimulants are music and sex. And I can say that both are pretty awesome stuff when enjoyed sober. But guess what, those same people who said that my life is boring… can’t enjoy music without alcohol/weed and I guess their sex life has the same restrictions.

Tuska wrote:
I don't really have a problem with people using drugs unless it really starts to interfere with their daily life. Addicts are usually fucked up all the time or not nice to be around when they start needing their fix.

I do have problems, because it has always interfered with my or my beloved ones lives. When I was still in Finland, little counting personally brings me: Two assaults (ex-school buddies), two break-ins into my home, one robbery attempt and two break-ins into my car in eight years period. These are only the ones which were conducted by those who used piri & stuff like that. Maybe people nowadays don’t even count these as interferences but part of normal daily life?

Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Kastrophee wrote:
PieceOfArt wrote:

When they prohibited alcohol in the US (I think the 30s or something), it didn't work well...

I know I know. I only meant that if the choice was to legalize other drugs than those already legal or prohibit all of them, I'd go with the second option.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

jpmuikku, thats all very good and well, you not using any drugs- well done you. But what i like best is when you deduce that those who say your life is boring obviously can't appreciate music when sober and have boring sex lives.Cool!
And as for your 'problems' pfttttt! That happens to me every hour of the day because i smoke weed and drink alcohol and associate with others who do also.

www.myspace.com/portentuk

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:23 pm
jpmuikku wrote:
Life without alcohol is no life?
No. Life with the sole intent of getting high is no life.

jpmuikku wrote:
I do have problems, because it has always interfered with my or my beloved ones lives. When I was still in Finland, little counting personally brings me: Two assaults (ex-school buddies), two break-ins into my home, one robbery attempt and two break-ins into my car in eight years period. These are only the ones which were conducted by those who used piri & stuff like that. Maybe people nowadays don’t even count these as interferences but part of normal daily life?
Seems as if you lived in a shitty part of the city. Somewhere on coast? Actually, wouldn't suprise me if it was Lahti.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next