Radioactive
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Read this 
Forum User

Post Read this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/10195838.stm

One thing that the article doesn't say is that when this happened they were still in international waters.

Mon May 31, 2010 7:11 am
Forum User

Been following this closely. There's an awful lot of propaganda on both sides. I guess that the lamest tautological (in the very fashion of inquisition) commentary I've seen is http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/201 ... enand.html
I, though, can't believe Israel would just for nothing behave so unprofessionally in carrying out its military operations, so I guess there was something dirty operationalized by them in the background. Let's see where this goes, people have been advocating non-violent resistance to Israeli occupation and there have been plans for sending more ships, might make up the tipping point with a bunch of luck.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:08 am
Forum User

Two of the ships left from Greece, and last time I checked we were not Muslims (so the Islamist part is not accurate for us), the one of the two greek ships was carrying medical supplies bought with the money of a fund raiser that started last autumn and the second passengers (doctors, activists and journalists from Greece and Cyprus and Europe). The idiotic propaganda part is coming from the Israeli side and they made a great gift to a muslim country (Turkey) to use it.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 am
Forum User

No disputes, buddy, through the usual heuristic I take on these things is kinda Althusserian, e.g. that there would be some kind of very "real", material practices on the ground, e.g. the killings of people, but it necessarily must be filled with Ideology which is a precondition of meaning. Therefore, there must be meanings which justify this as a part of local history. I'm simply stating that whatever is going on the ground, there must be symbolic practices that make the sense of the killings / things for the involved people and I'm far from thinking that there are some fixed, universal meanings that took place there. People know and not know, it's very heterogeneous, but you'd still now have some kind of a "battle" of different narratives of the event going on. The truth is that people died and that makes me angry enough about the event. There is a lot of intentional and unintentional propaganda, I'm less concerned about that than about people who justify violence in the name of whatever.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]