Vanha - Black Lion
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
When 70% of worlds lawyers live in your country 
Forum User

Post When 70% of worlds lawyers live in your country

These news start to make sense when you realize that 70% of all worlds lawyers are in USA.

Quote:
CHICAGO (Reuters) – A woman is suing a Chicago-area zoo for a 2008 fall near a dolphin exhibit, accusing zookeepers of encouraging the mammals to splash water and then failing to protect spectators from wet surfaces, local media reported on Thursday.

In her suit filed earlier this week, Allecyn Edwards said she was injured while walking near an exhibit at Brookfield Zoo, where a group of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins were performing, media said.

Officials "recklessly and willfully trained and encouraged the dolphins to throw water at the spectators in the stands, making the floor wet and slippery," but failed to post warning signs or lay down protective mats or strips, the suit said, according to the reports.

Edwards is demanding more than $50,000 for lost wages, medical expenses and emotional trauma from the Chicago Zoological Society and the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which operate the zoo in Chicago's southwest suburbs.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Emotional trauma...? :')

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 am
Forum User

Some days I feel quite optimistic about the future of the human race, other days (when i read stuff like this) I think that all the idiots should just be shot to put them out of our misery.
Maybe the dolphins should sue her for having to be stared at by morons like her everyday whilst trapped in a large aquarium. What the fuck did she go and see the dolphins for anyway? "Oh but I didn't expect there to be any water involved". Victim of your own stupidity? hey why not sue someone! After all, no individual should bear responsibility for anything that happens to them; it's all someone elses fault!
I got salt in my eye last time I went to the beach! I'm sueing the moon for encouraging tidal activity! I guess as america has decided it owns the moon (see 1969 moon landing) then it's the fault of america and all americans! gimme some money you tide inducing fucks! :p

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 am
Forum User

Agix wrote:
Emotional trauma...? :')

that was my first thought too :p

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:30 am
Forum User

I'm against frivolous lawsuits, but this one could be legitimate. This woman can have a bone condition where she was injured or another health condition which was made worse by a fall. I'm in the same category. It's not like this woman set up the accident.

NYHC HARDCORE BAND
www.myspace.com/lacedjoint

Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:50 pm
Forum User

BennyProfane wrote:
I'm against frivolous lawsuits, but this one could be legitimate. This woman can have a bone condition where she was injured or another health condition which was made worse by a fall. I'm in the same category. It's not like this woman set up the accident.

You have a bone condition? I empathize with you, I have a progressive neuro-muscular condition. I fall over all the time, I hope you don't.
Though it doesn't specify if there is/was anything wrong with the woman in question. If there is, maybe she should have thought twice about going somewhere she could potentially fall and hurt herself or got her friends to push her around in a wheelchair? It's what I would have done. If you have a disability you have to think about these things, I know I have to. I'm sure you do too, though I wouldn't be so rude as to presume anything about whatever is wrong with you.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Forum User

I know this is off-topic, but can someone sue the U.S. for having too many lawyers? I think this would solve some of the country's problems, either that of rising unemployment, or that of its general usefullness :p

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:51 pm
Forum User

Worm of Na'Ruq wrote:
I know this is off-topic, but can someone sue the U.S. for having too many lawyers?

Yes, I'm suffering from emotional trauma because of this :cool:

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]