Radioactive
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 1:56 pm



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
OCCUPATION 101 - The Israeli-Palestinian conflict 
Author Message
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 293
Location: Transylvania
Reply with quote
Post OCCUPATION 101 - The Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Know the Truth...

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuoKwAHmJo4&fmt=18

_________________
Dream is destiny


Last edited by Okkultus on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:50 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Greece
Reply with quote
Post 

I watched it. It didn't show anything that I didn't knew already. The bad thing with this one, like with all documentaries, it has nothing to say to people who know and the people who must see the other half of truth they reject it as propaganda.

PS. Just to be safe (legal reasons) avoid posting Pirate Bay links, I will not pretend that movie downloading isn't happening, the title is enough for the people that want it

_________________
Image


Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:25 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:00 am
Posts: 62
Location: US
Reply with quote
Post 

The Jews really need to get off their high horse. They've got to understand that invading and killing isn't go to solve anything.


Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:07 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

I don't think there's any point even discussing this. The situation will always remain the same no matter what anyone says or does. Nothing is ever going to stop this conflict. We're all so desensitized to this that no one even gives a crap anymore.


Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:52 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Greece
Reply with quote
Post 

thx1138 wrote:
I don't think there's any point even discussing this. The situation will always remain the same no matter what anyone says or does. Nothing is ever going to stop this conflict. We're all so desensitized to this that no one even gives a crap anymore.


I disagree with that, we can't just sit and watch it's not an american cartoon, the people in the dirt are not going to be there for the next episode. We are not desensitized we just keep our eyes closed


Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

But we are just sitting here and watching. What have you done besides sit and watch? I think the situation is terrible too but I see no end to it ever.


Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:49 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:01 am
Posts: 1445
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Reply with quote
Post 

thx1138 wrote:
But we are just sitting here and watching. What have you done besides sit and watch? I think the situation is terrible too but I see no end to it ever.

What about the possibility of the u.s. getting bankrupt and Syria and Iran strenghtening their biggest export-commodity (not really talking about oil, rather 'something' that the U.S. were trying to fight for 8 years...) ? :;):

_________________
Sonic terrorism is too important to be left to ideological amateurs.


Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:49 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:52 am
Posts: 443
Location: Dubai
Reply with quote
Post 

Zionism should be banned. They're none different than fucking Nazis.

Now, don't start Anti Semitic crap on my ass because I'm not hating a Jew. I'm hating Zionism and any Zionist in this matter and a Zionist can be an Atheist, Jew, Christian and even Muslim and all 4 belief figures exist within the Zionist regime. People living in Israel stay under the banner of PALESTINE not Israel. And It clearly states in the Torah that God will give them back their land(Israel) and not Zionism. It's quite impossible to argue with someone living in the Middle East for 22 years, not saying you can't argue but just saying if you want to state a valid opinion, I really hope you have a good source because I know the Western Media LOVES to feed propaganda to put everyone under mind control <----I'm not the one saying that but the West is, so CHILL and I'm not saying you believe their crap but giving you Precaution before flaming me IN CASE you find my hatred towards Zionism not justified.

_________________
In Doom, We Gloom...


Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:50 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:38 pm
Posts: 165
Location: England
Reply with quote
Post 

My main problem with the state of Israel is a linguistic one.
That is to say that many of the Jews living in Israel now are migrants (or the children of migrants) from Europe, where they'd lived for centuries and lost touch with their Semitic roots.
I find it upsetting that in modern Hebrew the letter ayin has become equivalent to alif, tet to taw, kaph to qaph, that het has become almost unanimously khet and that waw has become vav.
All the sounds that are unique to the Semitic languages have all but disappeared.

I was watching a TV program (Around the World in 80 Faiths) a little while ago and in it there was featured a group of Jews who'd been living in Palestine/Can'aan/whatever for thousands of years, never having moved from that place. They spoke old Hebrew (and Arabic).
Those people I like.

_________________
http://www.therockofsisyphus.com/


Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 494
Reply with quote
Post 

@funeraltragedian:
Delete your Nazi comment from your rant and I almost agree with you. It's using rhetoric like that which gets people's backs up, not saying stuff about zionism. I mean I've known jewish people who are totally against zionism so being anti-zionist doesn't mean you are anti semitic. I feel I must say that Islamism is as bad if not worse. And even though Islamism isn't tolerated in most Islamic countries, those countries aren't above deporting their Islamists to the west.
@Ihsiin:
So you only like jews who speak old hebrew and aren't immigrants?


Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:20 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:38 pm
Posts: 165
Location: England
Reply with quote
Post 

No.
It's not a question of like or dislike. Not really. Nor is it a question of immigration. Or really about old or new.
It's simply that the people of Israel, in general, are closer to the European people than to the Semitic people, to such a degree that they can't pronounce the letters that are unique to the Semitic alphabets. And that these people then claim a right to a state in the Semitic lands.
This just doesn't sit well with me.

_________________
http://www.therockofsisyphus.com/


Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Greece
Reply with quote
Post 

Ihsiin wrote:
My main problem with the state of Israel is a linguistic one.
That is to say that many of the Jews living in Israel now are migrants (or the children of migrants) from Europe, where they'd lived for centuries and lost touch with their Semitic roots.
I find it upsetting that in modern Hebrew the letter ayin has become equivalent to alif, tet to taw, kaph to qaph, that het has become almost unanimously khet and that waw has become vav.
All the sounds that are unique to the Semitic languages have all but disappeared.

I was watching a TV program (Around the World in 80 Faiths) a little while ago and in it there was featured a group of Jews who'd been living in Palestine/Can'aan/whatever for thousands of years, never having moved from that place. They spoke old Hebrew (and Arabic).
Those people I like.


I agree with you, some time ago a documentary by a greek reporter was aired and the most extreme opinions came from people that were settlers and not from the people that never left their homeland


Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:14 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:01 am
Posts: 1445
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Reply with quote
Post 

thx1138 wrote:
@funeraltragedian:
Delete your Nazi comment from your rant and I almost agree with you. It's using rhetoric like that which gets people's backs up, not saying stuff about zionism. I mean I've known jewish people who are totally against zionism so being anti-zionist doesn't mean you are anti semitic. I feel I must say that Islamism is as bad if not worse. And even though Islamism isn't tolerated in most Islamic countries, those countries aren't above deporting their Islamists to the west.
@Ihsiin:
So you only like jews who speak old hebrew and aren't immigrants?

Quite a point there. I content it's as possible to be not against jews (and even not against Israel) and be against zionism as much as it's possible to have not a single thing against the germans, but be against nazism. Luckily enough, the Israeli society is slowly getting a bit demilitarized, not to mention a growing internal struggle against zionism, though it's generally indisputable how much the military state-machine means for statecraft in the Middle East (as much, when thinking of it, there's not much difference between nation-states and organized crime as much as these claim to protect the citizens from threats which these states generally fabricate for the price of their citizens' taxes and claim a monopoly for this business...). I think it needs a few more years-to-decades to go for some important change, but well, thank Goat that some anti-occupation / refusal movements are already active in Israel.

_________________
Sonic terrorism is too important to be left to ideological amateurs.


Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:18 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.