Aesthetic Death
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Straightedge by Default 
Forum User

jpmuikku wrote:
perennialsorrow wrote:
most of us will do drugs many more times than once, even the straight-edgers.

So I'm freak of nature because I haven't done any.

you have done PLENTY. you have to understand that the most potent of all drugs are brain chemicals. you don't have to drink or smoke or blow to use drugs. sure, it is safer if you don't drink, smoke, or blow, but you are doing drugs regardless. read the post i put up before the one that you quoted, because i know you didn't read it (or just missed the point).

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Quote:
I do not take drugs. I am drugs. Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.

I don't really care one way or another about drugs*. I prefer roller coasters, music, and women. The first two cost less than the good stuff, the latter cost more but they are worth it.

*There are several meanings for the word, in this context it means illegal mind altering substances like smack, blow, and Thriller. Well, Thriller should be illegal.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:49 am
Forum User

what is thriller? meth?

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

perennialsorrow wrote:
what is thriller? meth?

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Michael Jackson's Thriller. I classify Thriller as a drug because there is no good explanation for its sales other than addiction. The beats are like an addictive drug. It happens to me. I hear a song from the album and it's all I can do to stop myself from groovin'.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:13 am
Forum User

haha i was hoping it was the michael jackson album. that shit tears families apart.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

haha I'm all for the criminalisation of Thriller. Though at least he was still black on this album and looking like a member of the human race.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:56 pm
Forum User

thx1138 wrote:
haha I'm all for the criminalisation of Thriller. Though at least he was still black on this album and looking like a member of the human race.

Just a small detail, your dudeness, humans are a species, not a race. :;):

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:21 pm
Forum User

doh!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:29 pm
Forum User

Where on Earth would all our favourite bands be without dope? You definitely get Electric Wizard's sound from an intended perspective when you've smoked a joint. I have experimented with most drugs apart from crystal meth & heroin, and come to the conclusion that alcohol's still the most dangerous drug I've used by far. It annoys me that alcohol and tobacco are neatly ignored in any political or media debate to do with drugs. Just like anything drugs can be abused, but there are responsible people (doctors, lawyers, doom metallers etc.) who don't feel the need to stop enjoying alternate takes on reality. The amount of prejudice thrown towards drug users is far worse than the actual problem in my opinion.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:31 pm
Forum User

yeah but for every band that is good and takes drugs there is a band that is good where the members don't take drugs so we can't really say where would our favourite bands be without dope. Don't get me wrong, I like a good old smoke on some weed but if a band only sounds good when I'm stoned then that doesn't really say a lot about that band. Apart from that, I entirely agree with everything not about music in your post. I also agree that you'd have to be wasted to listen to Electric Wizard, but I don't mean that in a good way :p

Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:30 pm
Forum User

Doctors, lawyers...doom metallers!hahaha!

www.myspace.com/portentuk

Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:23 am
Forum User

Some drugs help people. Used to be sXe until I grew out of it. Still haven't done any drugs.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:55 pm
Forum User

Old thread, but....

perennialsorrow wrote:
don't get me wrong, there are drugs that cannot really be done responsibly (meth, heroin, etc.)

I have known a few people that use heroin responsibly, sure it isn't common, but it does happen. (As for meth, I never heard such things, but they might be some out there.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:23 pm
Forum User

Kastrophee wrote:
Old thread, but....

perennialsorrow wrote:
don't get me wrong, there are drugs that cannot really be done responsibly (meth, heroin, etc.)

I have known a few people that use heroin responsibly, sure it isn't common, but it does happen. (As for meth, I never heard such things, but they might be some out there.

Really..hmmm...dunno a smack head is still a smack head who you can't really trust....

Makes me think of a quote from fear and loathing..."One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug."

www.myspace.com/portentuk

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 pm
Forum User

I just realized I only read the first page and completely ignored the second. :p

Still, it is possible for people to live successful lives and use heroin, I never tried myself nor do I want to, but drugs are only as bad as you make them. (Minus the clear no-no's that really screw up your body like inhalants)

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 pm
Forum User

Vitus' Dance wrote:
Michael Jackson's Thriller. I classify Thriller as a drug because there is no good explanation for its sales other than addiction.

it sells because it's a great album. probably the most impressive pop record ever recorded. say what you will about his personal life, the man is a legitimate genius. there is no sarcasm in this post.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:24 pm
Forum User

Kastrophee wrote:
Old thread, but....

perennialsorrow wrote:

Heroin turns you into a dribbling (and very annoying) scumbag, I've watched it happen to a few people I've known over the years. A few of them claimed to be using it responsibly and some of those are dead now.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:10 am
Forum User

thx1138 wrote:
Kastrophee wrote:
Old thread, but....

perennialsorrow wrote:

Heroin turns you into a dribbling (and very annoying) scumbag, I've watched it happen to a few people I've known over the years. A few of them claimed to be using it responsibly and some of those are dead now.

Alcoholics can also be scum bags, but not everyone who drinks alcohol is an alcoholic the same way not everyone who uses heroin is addicted. Granted, opiates are much easier to get addicted to, but addiction is not guaranteed no matter what any government says.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:29 am
Forum User

i think that some people can handle addiction because of the way the drug acts through them so that observers feel less threatened by what is true evil. i honestly think that some drugs have evil demons and forces driving them to ensure that the mind that is not constantly discerning is effectively poisoned and the body is effectively destroyed. the very ideas that "some people can shoot up heroin once and be fine" or that "only people with addictive personalities become addicted" or others like that may exist solely so that people will grow to believe them and give in, because they are better than every other person whose life has been fucked over by that shit. it is a big fucking lie.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next