elusivegodbanner
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Straightedge by Default 
Forum User

Post Straightedge by Default

who else here thinks that alcohol and drugs are a fucking waste?

Thee Dungeon Ov Thee Dooomed Thread

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

One drunk, one bullet, one justice.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Alcohol and drugs are a complete waste...when im not having them that is.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

The Black Goat wrote:
Alcohol and drugs are a complete waste...when im not having them that is.

:O got me. i should have refined my post.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

They are OK, when it comes to me, since the very metaphysical inconsistency of reality needs to be materially substituted. :)

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:32 pm
Forum User

I think alcohol is a total waste of time though I've nothing against others drinking it unless they are alcoholics, had the misfortune of sharing a house with several alcoholics once, they really were the worst kind of people I've ever met. I used to do lots of drugs but I don't anymore, drugs can be a waste if you let them control you. I tried being totally straight edge but it didn't work for me. A little weed now and then is my only poison these days. Straight edge is fine, I've nothing against straight edgers who aren't preachy and militant about it. Whatever works for you I say.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:26 pm
Forum User

thx1138 wrote:
I think alcohol is a total waste of time though I've nothing against others drinking it unless they are alcoholics, had the misfortune of sharing a house with several alcoholics once, they really were the worst kind of people I've ever met. I used to do lots of drugs but I don't anymore, drugs can be a waste if you let them control you. I tried being totally straight edge but it didn't work for me. A little weed now and then is my only poison these days. Straight edge is fine, I've nothing against straight edgers who aren't preachy and militant about it. Whatever works for you I say.

Pretty much my sentiments. I've done alot of drugs in the past but not everything. But yea, a joint now and then is great. I can't drink anymore because once I start I can't stop because if I do I get a massive migraine so to avoid that I don't stop. After that look out! I black out and do crazy shit so I just don't drink anymore. Hard drugs are no more too, acid and shrooms also. A couple pills now and again are good but thats a trouble spot for me because I really like that so I try to limit them. A plus for me is that I don't have an addictive personality or body chemistry.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

i was officially XstraightedgeX for about a month during high school, and because i also adopted the elite, hardline attitude of the scene, i turned into such a fucking asshole in short order.

afterwards, i promptly resumed my stupid weed habit for the next 11 years.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Yeah that hardline 'elite' attitude is a bit much, especially when the straight edge scene came out of the hardcore scene (correct me if I'm wrong there) and you can't be elitist and hardcore at the same time.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:54 pm
Forum User

thx1138 wrote:
Yeah that hardline 'elite' attitude is a bit much, especially when the straight edge scene came out of the hardcore scene (correct me if I'm wrong there) and you can't be elitist and hardcore at the same time.

Sure you can! In fact, I'm pretty sure at one time "hardcore" and "elitist" were synonymous terms.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:45 pm
Forum User

Karnagoz wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

Sure you can! In fact, I'm pretty sure at one time "hardcore" and "elitist" were synonymous terms.

basically yeah. all i hear out of HxCx is taking an everyday life and turning it into a bloodsoaked badge of honor.

ie: (i'm bored/not interesting with drugs, so I"M BETTER THAN YOU!! - I break my back at work for shit pay, SO I'M BETTER THAN YOU! you may be rich, but because i'm poor and still alive *oh mercy* I'M SO BETTER THAN YOU!!!!!)

i don't give a shit was HxCx really is about or whatever, make another thread about it if you want. i only say this last line to cut off the possibility of turning this thread into a bicker over a genre i don't care for.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

I couldn't give less of a crap about modern hardcore, when it started it certainly wasn't about elitism. DRI weren't telling me they were better than me. Anyway, I wasn't trying to start some kind of debate about hardcore, you said you were XstraightedgeX once and mentioned the scene, I was just commenting on that.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:57 am
Forum User

thx1138 wrote:
I couldn't give less of a crap about modern hardcore, when it started it certainly wasn't about elitism. DRI weren't telling me they were better than me. Anyway, I wasn't trying to start some kind of debate about hardcore, you said you were XstraightedgeX once and mentioned the scene, I was just commenting on that.

last bit of damage control before thread dies:

it's just that on all the other boards, this subject inevitably turned into a shit-throwing frenzy. fortunately, the posters here appear to have working brains and lives outside of the internet. Thank Grog.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

I believe personally that drugs and alcohol are escapist tools for people. I do not believe in escaping reality, I believe in working to change our reality to a place where people don't need or want to escape because their job sucks, or because they get fucked with by insecure people, or any of the other rather lame in my opinion excuses people use for drugs. I by no means hate people who do anything and I think we should work at de-criminalizing things, but I think peopel should work on themselves more as well so they don't need to have a crutch to carry them through things be it drugs, alcohol, sex, religion, whatever addiction they may have.

Self Perception Theory - despondent suicide drone
http://www.perceivingthyself.wordpress.com

Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:57 pm
Forum User

For me taking drugs was not an escape. I just want to get high and enjoy the feeling.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

V-GER wrote:
For me taking drugs was not an escape. I just want to get high and enjoy the feeling.

true - when i did really appreciate weed, it was more of a way to get more immersed in reality...that is to say, the layers of arbitrary pressures and bullshit were stripped away, and there was I, raw and open for examination.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

drugs are not an escape and we cannot make a society where humans will not be taking them. animals use drugs and humans have been taking drugs since (and before) the beginning of history. we are all born with an innate urge to alter our perception of reality, and luckily there are plenty of chemicals on the earth that make it easy to do so (THC being the best). when we listen to music that we like, come into intimate contact with another, look at a beautiful sight in nature, or just read a good book, our brain releases dopamine and seratonin, both of which are drugs that are narcotic and psychedelic. when we sleep, our brains release mild amounts of dimethyltryptamine (DMT). when we are dying or have a near death experience, our brains release massive amounts of DMT. DMT is the most potent psychedelic chemical known to man. you see, drug use is not escapable or to be frowned upon when done responsibly. don't get me wrong, there are drugs that cannot really be done responsibly (meth, heroin, etc.), and these drugs should not be used, and i detest their use. however, to enforce a set of morals on any other human being, no matter what those morals be, is immoral in itself (which is why i hate the drug war and the federal government). no matter who you are, every human on the planet will do drugs at least once, whether it be caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, brain chemicals, weed, adderal, kavakava, or just some music and relaxation with the one we love. those are my thoughts.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

most of us will do drugs many more times than once, even the straight-edgers.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

perennialsorrow wrote:

So I'm freak of nature because I haven't done any.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

jpmuikku wrote:
perennialsorrow wrote:

So I'm freak of nature because I haven't done any.

That right. freak that you are.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next