Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Drugs 
Forum User

Post Re: Drugs

Risky behavior always carries a level of complication. Of course, I don't regret experimenting - I'm glad that I was able to comfortably experience the effects of psychedelics. If you have the right group of friends and a beautiful forest to explore it's actually quite a nice experience!

The only real hitch I've had with the drug scene is all the hippie jam bands that all the damn hippies listen to. Seriously, I could only find a small handful of people who'd agree to Electric Wizard (stoner doom metal, etc) during smoke sessions. PHISH is the worst offender of terrible hippie jam bands.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

That's kind of true of Electric Wizard anywhere, with or without the drugs...

Phish is truly a hideous alternative, though. In a world that includes the Grateful Dead, Hawkwind, Gong, Ozric Tentacles (etc etc etc), there's no excuse for listening to excruciatingly dull damn hippie jam bands!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:15 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Gong, Gong, Gong...

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:58 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

...for we have glid forever...

Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:29 am
Staff Member
Staff Member

In my personal experience, I've never enjoyed listening to stoner/psychedelic bands after smoking pot. I love bands like Sleep and Electric Wizard, but I'd rather listen to something more atmospheric like Agalloch or The Gathering when I'm high.

I experimented a bit with hallucinogens and pharmaceuticals when I was in high school, but now I only smoke pot occasionally.

Living in the USA, the only thing I find dangerous about marijuana is the fact that you can still be arrested for having it (not even necessarily smoking it, but even just having it in your possession!). I know several people who make it out to be some life-threatening substance that only addicts use... yet the ones who preach the most about it are the ones who get shitfaced drunk at the bars every weekend. It's hypocritical and ridiculous, if you ask me. I think as long as the person who uses it does so responsibly (as in, not driving or going out in public stoned), marijuana is perfectly harmless, and it should be treated no different from alcohol!

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:14 am
Forum User

If coffee, tea, beer, nicotine are perceived as a drugs, then I'd say I'm addicted to all of them...
Being serious: only natural origin stuff (confirmed by thousands year civilizations), no chemicals products.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:43 pm
Forum User

I smoke weed and that is it. I have tried shrooms before and enjoyed it but they are hard to come by.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:31 pm
Staff Member
Staff Member

I personally find that as much as the idea of listening to Doom while stoned is good in theory, every time I have tried it, it's ended up just scaring the shit out of me. I can just about get away with 'The Night Child' by Electric Wizard while stoned, but most of their stuff tends to, well, freak me out, maaaan. I love them sober, though.

I tried listening to Down's NOLA album stoned once, and besides the trippy acoustic number, 'Jail', Anselmo's voice just went right through me. And this is despite the fact that almost every track on the album is related to smoking! Even the skull-thumpingly awesome 'Bury Me In Smoke' is too much for me stoned. I guess these things affect us all differently!

Hawkwind, the Grateful Dead and Syd Barrett era Floyd are what I tend to go for. Hawkwind, in particular. Also some of the more dub orientated Killing Joke, and Metal Box era PiL with Jah Wobble's dub basslines. Generally though, Lydon's snarling voice, much like Anselmo's, isn't what I want to hear when stoned.

I should have written all this in the past tense anyway, I suppose. I rarely get the chance to indulge now :;):

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

I have some weed called golden lemon. Anybody heard of it? :inlove:

Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18