SolitudeProd
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Your latest work... 
Forum User

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:13 pm
Forum User

Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Forum User

my painting in oil.
[/img]

Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:36 pm
Profile YIM
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Wow, this is impressive. Great work, forlorn existence! At first view I thought it was a photograph... :thumbs-up:
Are you studying arts or something?

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:38 am
Forum User

Doomson wrote:
Wow, this is impressive. Great work, forlorn existence! At first view I thought it was a photograph... :thumbs-up:
Are you studying arts or something?

Thank you Doomson! :laugh: i do lifesize paintings for a living. i started to paint when i was 12 and now im 29 yrs. and 1 day old. :p

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:59 am
Profile YIM
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Oh, belated congrats then! It's great to hear that you can make a living with creative work; I think this is a privilege restricted to few. :) By the way, judging from your picture, I wouldn't have thought that you're already 29 - to me you look much younger. But I guess that when you're approaching the 30s, this starts to become a compliment, doesn't it? :;):

Last edited by d.mimøsa on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:47 am
Forum User

Don't Mourn

Self Perception Theory - despondent suicide drone
http://www.perceivingthyself.wordpress.com

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:27 pm
Forum User

hehe. Nice comment Doomson. actually im trying my very best not to grow old (physically). :p

Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:45 pm
Profile YIM
Forum User

oh, goody...glad to see back the artwork topics :)
some work I did few months ago...

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Malina,

It is a fine work if you only have in mind a kind of gothic feeling. But you can do better if you have in mind that poetry is more than word, or art is more that beauty, it is a experience of abyss. A nice work, but very naif. I'm not trying to be cynical, i see in your work something more that is beyond what you are trying to do. There are two levels, like a writing fantasy in a medieval sense - i don't know if you are understanding me: the poetical writing and the body with a kind of « floweryTatoo». The tatoo is in the body, is in the flesh, like the writing in the paper, or in the manuscript, and the poetry is out of the body, is not part os the body, like something that is trying to be writ in the bodie but is not part of the body: like a «palimpsestum» - a palimpsest. Is only beauty the essence of all this levels? It seems to be, but the flowery is similar to the medieval iconical sense of magical or transcendental phantasy, it is something that they dont understand, but it creats a some kind of seduction, it can be explained as the fear of the unknown, of the forest, do you knew that? You can see that in a lot of medieval manuscripts, but there is another sense of that. And that is the need of desert, lonliness, the «via angelica», the mistical path, cenobitical experiences. And this two meanings are related, very related in medieval immaginary. Out of body is the poetry, the simpliest sense of beauty, and order, and the rational experience of beauty. As you can see thats nothing you thought about, you simply tied to reach a kind of beutifil enigmatic thing, but you created a simbolic vision of the human understanding: the strungle of the rational beauty, of the order, with the irrational beuty, \nd the chaos that is in our flesh, like the tatoo. That what i see, that not what you do. Thats something more than dreams, you know don't you?
Do you like contemporary art? And contemporary literature?

All the other artworks in this topic are typical work for fans of doom. Why cant you do better? Doom is not only experiences of a kind of gothic senses, is something and is much more than that. Why you do think about what are you doing? You are only creating what is common, you are only eating the bread that is in your tables, you dont create nothing new, nothing that simply make as think about it. Malina in her artwork, even if she doesn't understand what she done, did more than create a beutifull artwork.
Thats my opinion. what do you think about that Malina?

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:23 pm
Forum User

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:33 pm
@ Sonic Architect: Do you paint or do you make them on your computer?

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:47 am
Forum User

Cruel Shoes wrote:
@ Sonic Architect: Do you paint or do you make them on your computer?

If I could paint like that I might not be in such poverty lol :)

they are all digital...nothing terribly original I'm afraid...just basics.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:28 pm
Forum User

silencioeterno wrote:
Malina,

It is a fine work if you only have in mind a kind of gothic feeling. But you can do better if you have in mind that poetry is more than word, or art is more that beauty, it is a experience of abyss. A nice work, but very naif. I'm not trying to be cynical, i see in your work something more that is beyond what you are trying to do. There are two levels, like a writing fantasy in a medieval sense - i don't know if you are understanding me: the poetical writing and the body with a kind of « floweryTatoo». The tatoo is in the body, is in the flesh, like the writing in the paper, or in the manuscript, and the poetry is out of the body, is not part os the body, like something that is trying to be writ in the bodie but is not part of the body: like a «palimpsestum» - a palimpsest. Is only beauty the essence of all this levels? It seems to be, but the flowery is similar to the medieval iconical sense of magical or transcendental phantasy, it is something that they dont understand, but it creats a some kind of seduction, it can be explained as the fear of the unknown, of the forest, do you knew that? You can see that in a lot of medieval manuscripts, but there is another sense of that. And that is the need of desert, lonliness, the «via angelica», the mistical path, cenobitical experiences. And this two meanings are related, very related in medieval immaginary. Out of body is the poetry, the simpliest sense of beauty, and order, and the rational experience of beauty. As you can see thats nothing you thought about, you simply tied to reach a kind of beutifil enigmatic thing, but you created a simbolic vision of the human understanding: the strungle of the rational beauty, of the order, with the irrational beuty, \nd the chaos that is in our flesh, like the tatoo. That what i see, that not what you do. Thats something more than dreams, you know don't you?
Do you like contemporary art? And contemporary literature?

All the other artworks in this topic are typical work for fans of doom. Why cant you do better? Doom is not only experiences of a kind of gothic senses, is something and is much more than that. Why you do think about what are you doing? You are only creating what is common, you are only eating the bread that is in your tables, you dont create nothing new, nothing that simply make as think about it. Malina in her artwork, even if she doesn't understand what she done, did more than create a beutifull artwork.
Thats my opinion. what do you think about that Malina?

Wow, I'm glad you took the time to write all that :) And no, i didn't know all that. Funny you should say you find somethign beyond since that verse is from a song called 'Beyond the morning' :) so i did have in mind something beyond. The first version of this work was one where half of my body, where the tattoo is, only that the neckless was still colorful, something like humanly beauty is not everlasting, and that we should look beyond that beauty, not sure you get me cause I'm not very clear i guess :)
But you are mostly right cause I, myself thought it is a bit naif :) Thank you very much for your critics, most appreciated :)

I'm not sure I should post this here or in the Photography topic, but since I think it represents a concept, I'll put it here :)

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

I know this place, i have been there, but i don't remenber where it is. Can you tell me where it is?

I undertood the idea of beauty as something beyond the body, and it's realy a great idea. Do you write anything? poetry? even philosophy?
I think you should give in your artworks a more deepest concept, like a deep metaphor that is given to be understood, an everlasting enigma, or something like that.
Do you know somethig about contemporary philosophy? I think it will help you in improving your capacities, and certainly it will give you a more deepest vision of wht are you doing.

Your artwork is naif, but with some strong background it will improve and become better and better.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 am
Forum User

Based on a sketch i made in maths class:

Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:08 pm
Forum User

silencioeterno wrote:
I know this place, i have been there, but i don't remenber where it is. Can you tell me where it is?

I undertood the idea of beauty as something beyond the body, and it's realy a great idea. Do you write anything? poetry? even philosophy?
I think you should give in your artworks a more deepest concept, like a deep metaphor that is given to be understood, an everlasting enigma, or something like that.
Do you know somethig about contemporary philosophy? I think it will help you in improving your capacities, and certainly it will give you a more deepest vision of wht are you doing.

Your artwork is naif, but with some strong background it will improve and become better and better.

hmmm...are you from bucharest? cause that's where that place is, 10min from my flat. And yes, i used to write things now and then but now I don't, only if I get really, rallyu down... And I don't like metaphors that much, and everyone is free to understand pictures in a diffrent way, and I'm sure no one can see a picture the way the photographer has seen it :) I'm also sure I have to improve my photography skills and maybe contemporary phylosophy would help me hmm...copy some concepts but not one of my own :) Get my point?

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

No, i'm not from Bucarest, not even from Romania, but some years ago i stayed for five months in Bucarest and in Romania. I have some people that i know in Sibiu, in Hunodoara and Alba Iulia, and of course in Bucarest. At that time i was doing some research in M. Eliade. And become interested in some romanian philosophers and writers (of course Cioran, and Ionesco).
So i think it's that the reason why that place its not strange to me.

I hope that you put more of your works in this topic. I'm very interested in it, and seeing it evolution.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:37 am
Forum User

oh, nice:) Sibiu is a wonderful town, I love it. You should also try some of Lucian Blaga, I like his works as well :)

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Lucian Blaga? he writes poetry or prose? Can you send me the names of his books? I'm allways interested in knowing more about literature!

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next