SolitudeProd
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Lovecraft 
Forum User

Post Re: Lovecraft

Pretty big fan of his.
Particularily enjoy "The rats in the Walls" and his poem " A Garden"

We need another Lovecraft based video game.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

IntroVertuM wrote:
We need another Lovecraft based video game.

Very true! "Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth" is the only one I'm aware of, and it was very good despite some undeniable flaws. But it's also high time for a proper film, I'd say. There's a handful of films that are more or less loosely inspired by his works, but none of them ventures into his more complex and subtle themes, the vague yet oppressive sense of cosmic menace of the Cthulhu mythos. I was disappointed by pretty much every Lovecraft-inspired film I've seen - they tend to end up somewhere in the trash corner where they may not be bad, but not what I'm looking for, either. The only noteworthy production I've come across is the short animation film "At the Mountains of Madness".

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

d.mimøsa wrote:
The only noteworthy production I've come across is the short animation film "At the Mountains of Madness".

I recommend the HP Lovecraft Historical Society - they did a rather splendid version of The Call Of Cthulhu
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Call-Cthulhu-Celebrated-Lovecraft/dp/B000BQTC98/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1372100998&sr=8-9&keywords=call+of+cthulhu). The making-of film where they describe building a cardboard R'lyeh in the director's back garden is just outstanding, too.

It's a good site for Lovecraft fans, anyway http://www.cthulhulives.org.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 pm
Forum User

What can I say... He's one of my all-time favourite authors (not only of Horror fiction), I've read everything by him translated in Bulgarian and I'm planning to read him in original too. Every word said for him would not be enough, so I'll just say that my favourite stories are Call of Cthulhu and The Dunwich Horror. Matchless level of literary virtuoso excellence, an eerie mind which didn't belong here...

Wed May 14, 2014 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

I like a lot of his stuff but only got into it about 2-3 years ago. I figured I was listening to music influenced by his works and should therefore give it a go. It's probably one of the reasons I started reading the Hellboy comics. Mignola was very influenced by Lovecraft.

"It's angry at the room, mom, it wants the room to suffer."

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2