Radioactive
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 pm



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Nordlumo - "Embraced By Eternal Night" 
Author Message
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 4984
Location: Way down South, UK.
Reply with quote
Post Nordlumo - "Embraced By Eternal Night"

Read the review here:

http://www.doom-metal.com/reviews.php?album=3286.

_________________
>> ex silens nox noctis <<


Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:51 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 12701
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nordlumo - "Embraced By Eternal Night"

I like this album! it's a 7,5/10 for me. Really well done stuff.

_________________
The horror... the horror...
nihil expedit - nothing is worth it


Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:40 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 9082
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nordlumo - "Embraced By Eternal Night"

baphomet wrote:
I like this album! it's a 7,5/10 for me. Really well done stuff.


Agree... 6 is far too low...

"because it's hard to imagine that many people would find much merit on 'Embraced By Eternal Night'."

A bit of a sweeping statement, IMO...

_________________
It's not Doom...


Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 904
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nordlumo - "Embraced By Eternal Night"

I also like this, it's pretty diverse using different styles (not that common in Russian bands) - for example Devotion counts on wonderful long, drawn-out guitars, while Dreamwalker uses Shades of... style. Plus nice leads throughout the album.

I do not like that it picks up the pace often, but this could be a strength for others.

Still nothing memorable.


Fri May 04, 2018 2:03 pm
Profile
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:04 am
Posts: 7
Location: Bolton, UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nordlumo - "Embraced By Eternal Night"

Merchant of Doom wrote:

"because it's hard to imagine that many people would find much merit on 'Embraced By Eternal Night'."

A bit of a sweeping statement, IMO...


I don't agree. A sweeping statement would be "Many people would not like this". The words used in the quotation suggest that the reviewer would find it difficult to envision many people finding a lot to like on the album, which, based on the fact that only two people appear to disagree thus far, appears to be vindicated.


Sun May 06, 2018 7:24 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 9082
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nordlumo - "Embraced By Eternal Night"

Unisena wrote:
Merchant of Doom wrote:

"because it's hard to imagine that many people would find much merit on 'Embraced By Eternal Night'."

A bit of a sweeping statement, IMO...


I don't agree. A sweeping statement would be "Many people would not like this". The words used in the quotation suggest that the reviewer would find it difficult to envision many people finding a lot to like on the album, which, based on the fact that only two people appear to disagree thus far, appears to be vindicated.



means the same to me... it's just a polite and less controversial way of saying it... but it doesn't matter... :D

_________________
It's not Doom...


Sun May 06, 2018 8:15 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:54 pm
Posts: 23
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nordlumo - "Embraced By Eternal Night"

Well, add me to the list..... it's no longer only 2 people :laugh:

Good album, generic, but remains quite a pleasant listen.

_________________
"To the Shore of No Hope, a Bridge"


Mon May 07, 2018 12:08 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.