Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Study on Live Metal Music in the UK 
Forum User

Post Study on Live Metal Music in the UK

I’m a Sociology PhD student & promoter researching the live world of underground metal. The research aims to build a wider understanding of the current live circuit in the UK.

I've designed a survey as a part of this research, if you're in any way involved in metal (as a fan, a musician, a promoter, etc.) please, please have a look at this for me!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/metalnetworks

Even though it's focusing on gigs in six locations, you can fill out the first half regardless of where you live in the UK.

I would also like to reiterate that anything mentioned in this interview/survey will be completely anonymous and any particular promotions companies, bands, names mentioned will be converted into pseudonyms to protect the privacy of all involved.

Thank you in advance - any insight you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Mon May 11, 2015 10:32 pm
Forum User

Post Re: Study on Live Metal Music in the UK

Hey misanthropypromo, just completed your survey. Ashamed to say I had only been to one of the tour dates you listed - boo me !

Are you writing a paper on your findings? If so, I'd be interested to read it - please get in touch if you're happy to share. Thanks !

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]