Frowning-Extinct
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Site artistserver.com no more 
Forum User

Post Site artistserver.com no more

In case anyone was using it and haven't been there in a while, it is now gone/down as of last month. I found out the hard way when I went to log into my site to look over some stuff. Too bad as it was a reasonably priced site (or don't pay but less features). He opened it up to more than electronic music a while ago. Too bad another site bites the dust....

Mike

Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum User

Post Re: Site artistserver.com no more

I realize this is an old post, but I'm responding anyway, just in case you are still around.

"Too bad another site bites the dust...." have you thought of creating your own? I know that not many people have time outside of their careers for pet projects, but it would be something to consider if you did have the time. There are easy DIY website builders out there (like this for example) that would make the task a bit easier.

I admit that I had to look it up, because I had never heard of artistserver.com before. I assumed it was a general music sharing platform. After reading, I can see that it was dedicated to the promotion of new artists. I think that this type of site is helpful and necessary, but that in general the music industry is kind of flailing right now. If someone like you or another dedicated and web-savvy person on this forum would like to attempt to create a similar platform, I would applaud you. With iTunes presenting the death of the album and Spotify ushering in the death of buying music in general, it is getting increasingly difficult for established artists, let alone new artists to be able to get out there and get paid. I was a partner, editor, and writer for a music magazine that was dedicated to promoting new artists. We unfortunately had to quit do to funding and health related issues from the other partner. Since this was all done on top of our careers, it seemed like pausing it until she got better was the good choice. The pause never ended.

I would love to start up another online magazine that is similar to what we had going. I think it is so crucial for our artists to get that little leg-up in the industry. Re-launching the magazine doesn't seem like it will be possible after such a long hiatus, plus I wouldn't want to do it without my initial partner and it was also a Canadian magazine, and now being in Europe, that doesn't make much sense.

But those of us who really do care about music and emerging artists should be doing something if we can. If you decided to try and give a new site like this a go, I would be willing to help in any way that I could.

Cheers!

Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]