Gorslava
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:18 am



Reply to topic  [ 1004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 51  Next
Introduce yourself once more 
Author Message
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:32 pm
Posts: 502
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

maybe not, but you could always write a song about it...

welcome :)


Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:24 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 pm
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

TheFugitive wrote:
Hi, I'm the Fugitive.

I can't properly describe how happy I am that I found this site. :) :) :)


Welcome! See you around :cool:


Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:46 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:56 am
Posts: 1
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hello, I'm Waterless and Doom Metal is my favorite sub genre of metal. Fugitive showed me this site and I squeeled.


Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:44 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 9793
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Welcome to the house of doom... :strigoi:

_________________
It's not Doom...


Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:56 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Greetings.

I'm Markus, I think I registered on here quite a while back? Not sure...

Anyway, I'm based in Scotland. Currently run a small DIY label which releases Doom, Drone, Ambient, Black Metal type stuff. I currently play in a two-piece Drone act which is essentially Nadja worship.

Err, any questions ask away!

_________________
I Bow My Forehead to the Dust


Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 3:34 am
Posts: 1533
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Welcome! :wave: Enjoy the forum!

_________________
If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.
Don't look down on anybody unless you are helping them up.


Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:17 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 5383
Location: Way down South, UK.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

khafka wrote:
Greetings.

I'm Markus, I think I registered on here quite a while back? Not sure...

Anyway, I'm based in Scotland. Currently run a small DIY label which releases Doom, Drone, Ambient, Black Metal type stuff. I currently play in a two-piece Drone act which is essentially Nadja worship.

Err, any questions ask away!


Welcome.

What's the label called?

_________________
>> ex silens nox noctis <<


Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:12 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:56 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

endemoniada_88 wrote:
khafka wrote:
Greetings.

I'm Markus, I think I registered on here quite a while back? Not sure...

Anyway, I'm based in Scotland. Currently run a small DIY label which releases Doom, Drone, Ambient, Black Metal type stuff. I currently play in a two-piece Drone act which is essentially Nadja worship.

Err, any questions ask away!


Welcome.

What's the label called?


Black Winter Recordings.

https://www.facebook.com/blackwinterrecordings

In case you want a bit more information it. :)

_________________
I Bow My Forehead to the Dust


Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 5383
Location: Way down South, UK.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Thanks - it's always nice to know about indie/underground Doom labels.

Not that there are many other kinds in Doom, of course :p

_________________
>> ex silens nox noctis <<


Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:58 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:56 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Austria
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Greetings lads,

very very pleased to be here. Read many of the reviews on here and its safe to say this site did cost me a fortune, haha. Well at least my record store is grateful. Love to discover new music, esp. doom / drone and that liking.

Well, doom on. :)

_________________
:My Vinyl Collection:


Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:16 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 9793
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

welcome! :D

_________________
It's not Doom...


Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:09 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:27 am
Posts: 12
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Coo, coo, ca-choo: I'm from Maine, US.

Extraordinarily glad to have found this forum and mildly surprised in it's existence; glad to know there's a sizable doom metal population out there.


Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 9793
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

welcome!

_________________
It's not Doom...


Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:27 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Doomopolis (Lima, Perú)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hello there!
I'm Marco, a peruvian doomster.
Actually, I'm the admin of the LatinAmerican Doom Metal Forum: http://doom-metal.forolatino.info/

Nice to meet you all. Cause IN DOOM WE TRUST! Image

_________________
Scooby Dooby DOOM!!!
Image


Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:55 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 9793
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

LateM MooD wrote:
Hello there!
I'm Marco, a peruvian doomster.
Actually, I'm the admin of the LatinAmerican Doom Metal Forum: http://doom-metal.forolatino.info/

Nice to meet you all. Cause IN DOOM WE TRUST! Image


welcome and keep posting... :)

_________________
It's not Doom...


Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:27 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Doomopolis (Lima, Perú)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Merchant of Doom wrote:
LateM MooD wrote:
Hello there!
I'm Marco, a peruvian doomster.
Actually, I'm the admin of the LatinAmerican Doom Metal Forum: http://doom-metal.forolatino.info/

Nice to meet you all. Cause IN DOOM WE TRUST! Image


welcome and keep posting... :)


Thanks, man. Stay Doom! Image

_________________
Scooby Dooby DOOM!!!
Image


Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:40 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:26 pm
Posts: 11
Location: Bulgaria
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hello, I've lurked in this forum for far too long, it's time to introduce myself. I really like this vast site, its reviews and information - a great way to keep in touch with what's happening with the Doom scene. This is an introducement from another forum though, as I am too lazy to think of a new one...

Greetings. My name is Peter, I come from the dark Balkan woods of Bulgaria and I am 17 years of age. I mainly enjoy Doom metal and most of its variations (Doom/Death, Gothic/Doom, Funeral etc...), Old School Death metal, Black metal, Darkwave/Post-punk/Gothic rock, Ambient and honestly many other kinds of music, but the accent of my interest is rooted in the sombre and gloomy musical realms... I collect tapes (the best format format for me!), cd's, vinyls and slowly build a collection, I'm currently trying to make it alphabetical... Besides Metal and music in general, I enjoy doing all kinds of art (although I'm far from perfect) - Photography, Drawing, I play the acoustic/electric guitar and keyboards (currently alone (with occasional jams with friends)), but I have a growing idea and a very vast conception for a band which I will form soon. I love the woods, the mountains, being around nature in general, long walks, lonely wanderings in obscure places, graveyards, historical landmarks and ancient ruins... Other interests include: some Gaming, artful, beautiful movies, lucid dreams, history (mainly ancient and medieval) and one of my main hobbies - reading (from Nietszche to Tolkien and from Kafka to Lovecraft... truly a lot of stuff I find fascinating for me). In my leisure time I also like to write (mainly poetry) and fragmentary prose in my creative diary (I draw musical and literary influence from the Romantic and Symbolic period). I joined this very useful website because I wanted to sort my Metal collection more easily and because it's very helpful sometimes (it's even my first bookmark...) - in my opinion one of the best places dedicated to this music in the Internet. I plan to start writing reviews soon (mainly for Bulgarian bands). I am usually not a very sociable person, but I'll try to post here more often as most of the time I only lurk and read maybe because I feel that most of the things are already said...

_________________
"...for although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider, a stranger in this century and among those who are still men..." (Lovecraft)


Tue May 13, 2014 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 5383
Location: Way down South, UK.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Hope you'll enjoy it here!

_________________
>> ex silens nox noctis <<


Tue May 13, 2014 8:13 pm
Profile
Staff Member
Staff Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:16 am
Posts: 485
Location: Virginia, USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

LethargicGrief wrote:
Hello, I've lurked in this forum for far too long, it's time to introduce myself. I really like this vast site, its reviews and information - a great way to keep in touch with what's happening with the Doom scene. This is an introducement from another forum though, as I am too lazy to think of a new one...

Greetings. My name is Peter, I come from the dark Balkan woods of Bulgaria and I am 17 years of age. I mainly enjoy Doom metal and most of its variations (Doom/Death, Gothic/Doom, Funeral etc...), Old School Death metal, Black metal, Darkwave/Post-punk/Gothic rock, Ambient and honestly many other kinds of music, but the accent of my interest is rooted in the sombre and gloomy musical realms... I collect tapes (the best format format for me!), cd's, vinyls and slowly build a collection, I'm currently trying to make it alphabetical... Besides Metal and music in general, I enjoy doing all kinds of art (although I'm far from perfect) - Photography, Drawing, I play the acoustic/electric guitar and keyboards (currently alone (with occasional jams with friends)), but I have a growing idea and a very vast conception for a band which I will form soon. I love the woods, the mountains, being around nature in general, long walks, lonely wanderings in obscure places, graveyards, historical landmarks and ancient ruins... Other interests include: some Gaming, artful, beautiful movies, lucid dreams, history (mainly ancient and medieval) and one of my main hobbies - reading (from Nietszche to Tolkien and from Kafka to Lovecraft... truly a lot of stuff I find fascinating for me). In my leisure time I also like to write (mainly poetry) and fragmentary prose in my creative diary (I draw musical and literary influence from the Romantic and Symbolic period). I joined this very useful website because I wanted to sort my Metal collection more easily and because it's very helpful sometimes (it's even my first bookmark...) - in my opinion one of the best places dedicated to this music in the Internet. I plan to start writing reviews soon (mainly for Bulgarian bands). I am usually not a very sociable person, but I'll try to post here more often as most of the time I only lurk and read maybe because I feel that most of the things are already said...


Greetings. It's nice to have someone around my age in here!

_________________
I gave in to life's bitter promises.
Yes, I gave in, but not again.


Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 am
Profile
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 5538
Location: Baltic coast, DE
Reply with quote
Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

LethargicGrief wrote:
Hello, I've lurked in this forum for far too long, it's time to introduce myself. I really like this vast site, its reviews and information - a great way to keep in touch with what's happening with the Doom scene. This is an introducement from another forum though, as I am too lazy to think of a new one...


Welcome! The classic Lovecraft quote in your signature is a great plus. :;): When I was your age, I was just starting to get into Doom - almost makes me nostalgic to think back to then time when I bought my first MDB album! There's a whole world of great discoveries awaiting you, and I'm sure that the discussions on our forum will help you with that.

_________________
Sidetrack Walker - Underdog Pop for the faint of heart.


Wed May 14, 2014 9:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 51  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.