Gorslava
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 1004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 51  Next
Introduce yourself once more 
Forum User

Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

maybe not, but you could always write a song about it...

welcome :)

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:24 am
Forum User

TheFugitive wrote:
Hi, I'm the Fugitive.

I can't properly describe how happy I am that I found this site. :) :) :)

Welcome! See you around :cool:

Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:46 am
Forum User

Hello, I'm Waterless and Doom Metal is my favorite sub genre of metal. Fugitive showed me this site and I squeeled.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:44 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Welcome to the house of doom... :strigoi:

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 am
Forum User

Greetings.

I'm Markus, I think I registered on here quite a while back? Not sure...

Anyway, I'm based in Scotland. Currently run a small DIY label which releases Doom, Drone, Ambient, Black Metal type stuff. I currently play in a two-piece Drone act which is essentially Nadja worship.

Err, any questions ask away!

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Welcome! :wave: Enjoy the forum!

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:17 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

khafka wrote:
Greetings.

Anyway, I'm based in Scotland. Currently run a small DIY label which releases Doom, Drone, Ambient, Black Metal type stuff. I currently play in a two-piece Drone act which is essentially Nadja worship.

Welcome.

What's the label called?

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:12 am
Forum User

endemoniada_88 wrote:
khafka wrote:
Greetings.

Welcome.

What's the label called?

Black Winter Recordings.

https://www.facebook.com/blackwinterrecordings

In case you want a bit more information it. :)

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Thanks - it's always nice to know about indie/underground Doom labels.

Not that there are many other kinds in Doom, of course :p

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:58 pm
Forum User

Greetings lads,

very very pleased to be here. Read many of the reviews on here and its safe to say this site did cost me a fortune, haha. Well at least my record store is grateful. Love to discover new music, esp. doom / drone and that liking.

Well, doom on. :)

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:16 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

welcome! :D

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:09 pm
Forum User

Coo, coo, ca-choo: I'm from Maine, US.

Extraordinarily glad to have found this forum and mildly surprised in it's existence; glad to know there's a sizable doom metal population out there.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

welcome!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 am
Forum User

Hello there!
I'm Marco, a peruvian doomster.
Actually, I'm the admin of the LatinAmerican Doom Metal Forum: http://doom-metal.forolatino.info/

Nice to meet you all. Cause IN DOOM WE TRUST! Image

Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:55 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

LateM MooD wrote:
Hello there!
Actually, I'm the admin of the LatinAmerican Doom Metal Forum: http://doom-metal.forolatino.info/

welcome and keep posting... :)

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 am
Forum User

Merchant of Doom wrote:
LateM MooD wrote:
Hello there!

welcome and keep posting... :)

Thanks, man. Stay Doom! Image

Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:40 pm
Forum User

Hello, I've lurked in this forum for far too long, it's time to introduce myself. I really like this vast site, its reviews and information - a great way to keep in touch with what's happening with the Doom scene. This is an introducement from another forum though, as I am too lazy to think of a new one...

Greetings. My name is Peter, I come from the dark Balkan woods of Bulgaria and I am 17 years of age. I mainly enjoy Doom metal and most of its variations (Doom/Death, Gothic/Doom, Funeral etc...), Old School Death metal, Black metal, Darkwave/Post-punk/Gothic rock, Ambient and honestly many other kinds of music, but the accent of my interest is rooted in the sombre and gloomy musical realms... I collect tapes (the best format format for me!), cd's, vinyls and slowly build a collection, I'm currently trying to make it alphabetical... Besides Metal and music in general, I enjoy doing all kinds of art (although I'm far from perfect) - Photography, Drawing, I play the acoustic/electric guitar and keyboards (currently alone (with occasional jams with friends)), but I have a growing idea and a very vast conception for a band which I will form soon. I love the woods, the mountains, being around nature in general, long walks, lonely wanderings in obscure places, graveyards, historical landmarks and ancient ruins... Other interests include: some Gaming, artful, beautiful movies, lucid dreams, history (mainly ancient and medieval) and one of my main hobbies - reading (from Nietszche to Tolkien and from Kafka to Lovecraft... truly a lot of stuff I find fascinating for me). In my leisure time I also like to write (mainly poetry) and fragmentary prose in my creative diary (I draw musical and literary influence from the Romantic and Symbolic period). I joined this very useful website because I wanted to sort my Metal collection more easily and because it's very helpful sometimes (it's even my first bookmark...) - in my opinion one of the best places dedicated to this music in the Internet. I plan to start writing reviews soon (mainly for Bulgarian bands). I am usually not a very sociable person, but I'll try to post here more often as most of the time I only lurk and read maybe because I feel that most of the things are already said...

Tue May 13, 2014 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Hope you'll enjoy it here!

Tue May 13, 2014 8:13 pm
Staff Member
Staff Member

LethargicGrief wrote:
Hello, I've lurked in this forum for far too long, it's time to introduce myself. I really like this vast site, its reviews and information - a great way to keep in touch with what's happening with the Doom scene. This is an introducement from another forum though, as I am too lazy to think of a new one...

Greetings. My name is Peter, I come from the dark Balkan woods of Bulgaria and I am 17 years of age. I mainly enjoy Doom metal and most of its variations (Doom/Death, Gothic/Doom, Funeral etc...), Old School Death metal, Black metal, Darkwave/Post-punk/Gothic rock, Ambient and honestly many other kinds of music, but the accent of my interest is rooted in the sombre and gloomy musical realms... I collect tapes (the best format format for me!), cd's, vinyls and slowly build a collection, I'm currently trying to make it alphabetical... Besides Metal and music in general, I enjoy doing all kinds of art (although I'm far from perfect) - Photography, Drawing, I play the acoustic/electric guitar and keyboards (currently alone (with occasional jams with friends)), but I have a growing idea and a very vast conception for a band which I will form soon. I love the woods, the mountains, being around nature in general, long walks, lonely wanderings in obscure places, graveyards, historical landmarks and ancient ruins... Other interests include: some Gaming, artful, beautiful movies, lucid dreams, history (mainly ancient and medieval) and one of my main hobbies - reading (from Nietszche to Tolkien and from Kafka to Lovecraft... truly a lot of stuff I find fascinating for me). In my leisure time I also like to write (mainly poetry) and fragmentary prose in my creative diary (I draw musical and literary influence from the Romantic and Symbolic period). I joined this very useful website because I wanted to sort my Metal collection more easily and because it's very helpful sometimes (it's even my first bookmark...) - in my opinion one of the best places dedicated to this music in the Internet. I plan to start writing reviews soon (mainly for Bulgarian bands). I am usually not a very sociable person, but I'll try to post here more often as most of the time I only lurk and read maybe because I feel that most of the things are already said...

Greetings. It's nice to have someone around my age in here!

Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 am
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

LethargicGrief wrote:

Welcome! The classic Lovecraft quote in your signature is a great plus. :;): When I was your age, I was just starting to get into Doom - almost makes me nostalgic to think back to then time when I bought my first MDB album! There's a whole world of great discoveries awaiting you, and I'm sure that the discussions on our forum will help you with that.

Wed May 14, 2014 9:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 1004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 51  Next