The Doomed Forum
http://www.doom-metal.com/phpbb2/

Introduce yourself once more
http://www.doom-metal.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=72
Page 41 of 51

Author:  endemoniada_88 [ Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Sygn wrote:
because the german forum i found is nearly dead + the admins there dont activate my account (maybe they are dead too^^)...

They must be proper doomsters, then :D .

Welcome.

Author:  d.mimøsa [ Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Willkommen! Good to see this country does have some doomsters after all. Was it the Doomed Sould forum? That's been pretty dead for a long time, and even when it was still un-dead, I lost interest after about two days, so you really didn't miss anything substancial. Concerts outside of Germany are a good idea since there's nothing much going on here anyway...

Author:  strigoi [ Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Did someone mention un-dead? :tadbiggrin:
:strigoi:

Author:  d.mimøsa [ Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

strigoi wrote:
Did someone mention un-dead? :tadbiggrin:
:strigoi:

Ah, good to see you're still awake. :D

Author:  Frater Perdurabo [ Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hi, my name is John [Johnny]. I'm the lead singer of the stoner/psych/doom band Ichabod. I'm orignally from Lowell, MA. but now I reside in NH. I'm a fan of all types of music in general but mostly classic rock & metal. My other interests include: sports, history, philosophy, and politics.

Favorites bands include:

Tool, Clutch, Kyuss, Neurosis, Nile, High On Fire, Down, Acid Bath, Graveyard, Captain Beyond, Evoken, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, & Faith No More.

I spend a good amount of time online everyday doing various band stuff and net surfing so I'll probably be a steady contributor to the forum. Nothing like good conversations and debates with fellow music fans. Cheers!

Author:  endemoniada_88 [ Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Welcome: enjoyed listening to your latest album just now (although you might want to fix the bandcamp link you posted elsewhere - it's a bit broken). Good, polished sound to it and some nice depth to the songs.

And it's always nice to see steady contributors arriving!

Author:  Frater Perdurabo [ Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

endemoniada_88 wrote:
Welcome: enjoyed listening to your latest album just now (although you might want to fix the bandcamp link you posted elsewhere - it's a bit broken). Good, polished sound to it and some nice depth to the songs.

And it's always nice to see steady contributors arriving!


Thanks for the heads up about the link. :D

Author:  satan 59 [ Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hi
I'm a hockey lovin metal head in the UK.
Mainly into doom and industrial metal but like a bit of this and that form other styles, getting into funeral lately.
Last gig was Fields of the Nephilim in Leeds UK, my fav band and before that Evil Twins in Manchester UK. Mason was total rubbish but RZ was excellent.
Last doomy gig was Paradise Lost again in Manchester.

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

welcome, Satan!

Author:  Frater Perdurabo [ Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

hail satan!

Author:  Sömndrucken [ Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hello, Sömndrucken from sweden, 31 years old!
I have a variety of interesst, Music is one of them.
Doom metal is a very interessting genre and my favourites are good ol My dying bride!

so ye...hello everyone!

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

welcome! :D

Author:  dredd [ Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hi there. Signed up here a few months ago and made a few posts before dissapearing but didn't introduce myself so....

I'm from Melbourne Australia and 48 years old. Been a metalhead since the 70's although I kinda got out of it in my mid 30's I got back into it 5 or 6 years ago and have been kicking myself for missing so much great music. Been catching up ever since.

I like Death and Black metal but Doom is my favorite genre, Death and Funeral doom in paticular.

A sample of bands I like off the top of my head (and not all doom)

Murkrat
The Slow Death
Virgin Black
Mournful Congregation
Ahab
Evoken
Evol
Dark Lunacy
Blut Aus Nord
Wormphlegm
Walknut
Deathspell Omega
Tempestuous Fall

Have found this site and this forum to be the best resource for finding mindblowing music so thank you all very much and greetings!

Author:  baphomet [ Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

A proud supporter of the national scene! But you're right, there're many very good bands over there!

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

dredd wrote:
Have found this site and this forum to be the best resource for finding mindblowing music so thank you all very much and greetings!



Thanks... we do our best... :)

Author:  IntoTheOrchard [ Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Welcome, Sömndrucken!

Sömndrucken wrote:
Doom metal is a very interessting genre and my favourites are good ol My dying bride!


Good taste in music! :D

Author:  d.mimøsa [ Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Sömndrucken wrote:
Hello, Sömndrucken from sweden, 31 years old!
I have a variety of interesst, Music is one of them.
Doom metal is a very interessting genre and my favourites are good ol My dying bride!

so ye...hello everyone!

Hej och välkommen! :)

dredd wrote:
Hi there. Signed up here a few months ago and made a few posts before dissapearing but didn't introduce myself so....
(...)
A sample of bands I like off the top of my head (and not all doom)
(...)
Dark Lunacy

Noticed your avatar right away - their first two albums are absolutely brilliant! One of my favourite Metal bands outside of Doom. Welcome.

Author:  dredd [ Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

baphomet wrote:
A proud supporter of the national scene! But you're right, there're many very good bands over there!


Yeah I was plesently surprised when I started digging how well Australia does. Somtimes I think I'm being biased but was listening to The Slow Death II last night and was thinking I.d love it no matter what country it came from.







d.mimøsa wrote:





dredd wrote:
Hi there. Signed up here a few months ago and made a few posts before dissapearing but didn't introduce myself so....
(...)
A sample of bands I like off the top of my head (and not all doom)
(...)
Dark Lunacy

Noticed your avatar right away - their first two albums are absolutely brilliant! One of my favourite Metal bands outside of Doom. Welcome.


Definatly one of my favorite metal bands too. I'd put their third album " The Diarist " up there with their first two in terms of quality even without the voilins.

The Weaver Of Forgotten is probably best left.....forgotten.

I can't think of too many bands who had a run of 3 albums in a row of such high quality though and I love they're lyrics too

Author:  Ocean of Ghosts [ Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

Hello. I just discovered this place tonight which is awesome because I need some new band recommendations.


I make music. I have a ton of unfinished songs just sitting on my computer, and I keep telling myself that this is the year I finish it. We'll see.

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself once more

welcome!

Page 41 of 51 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/