Frowning-Extinct
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
Introduce yourself once more 
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Post Re: Introduce yourself once more

Actually, having Doom in my name was probably one of the reasons why I changed it in the first place - it didn't feel original enough at the time. In hindsight, I quite like it for its simplicity. Now I'll probably be stuck with my current contrived nickname for the rest of my life. :D

Yes, the site has a knack for doing that to lives... :;):

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:56 pm
Forum User

Merchant of Doom wrote:
Abd wrote:
to the staff, the old website has couple of nice atricles, about Doom-Metal, its history and sub genres.. would be really nice if we have those articles back in the website for everyone to read.

welcome! And we are actually working on those, but I can't really tell you when they will be ready... everything seems to take ages here... :D

Any updates about the articles I asked... I think I gave you guys, enough time by doom metal standards (2 years) :P

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:17 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

That's true, but in the meantime we published hundreds of reviews and interviews, and we even released a unique MDB 2 cd tribute!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:10 am
Forum User

baphomet wrote:
That's true, but in the meantime we published hundreds of reviews and interviews, and we even released a unique MDB 2 cd tribute!

I'm extremely sorry. I did not intend anything mean or undermine your efforts you guys for keeping this site running. Total respect :)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:55 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

no harm done, this was half a jest too! ;)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:43 am
Forum User

Hello, all. I'm originally from the East Coast of the US, but moved to the Midwest. I'm a HUGE fan of death/doom and funeral doom. More of a death metal fan and grindfreak (mostly punk-influenced stuff) than that, but half of what I listen to is British psych-pop and shoegaze from the 80's to early 90's. I'm not really into much blackgaze though. However, sacred works like those of Bach and Handel, as well as Gregorian Chant, Eastern Orthodox Chants and Choral music resonate with me the most. Especially Tewahedo (Ethiopian Orthodox), Assyrian, Maronite, and Melkite/Melchite. And yes, I am a Christian - progressive Catholic. I don't try to convert people and I'm also NOT a P.C. fascist...

Btw I love cats and am a huge hockey and baseball fan. NYC-area teams, but NOT THE YANKEES!!!!!!! LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should also mention that I am chronically ill and often in severe pain. So if I ever post something completely ridiculous, incoherent, or angry, that is probably why. A lot of the time I'm just online in order to stay awake between medication doses...

Fri May 05, 2017 12:39 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Welcome!

Fri May 05, 2017 1:18 pm
Forum User

I'm Shawn. Hey.

Fri May 05, 2017 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Hello to both of you!

Sat May 06, 2017 6:09 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Pelata wrote:
I'm Shawn. Hey.

I think we remember you... :)

Sat May 06, 2017 12:02 pm
Forum User

Hello ! In the world of music and the occult I go by the name of Zerhathos. I am a metal fan, but I have a strong leaning towards classic heavy metal and specially heavy-doom metal. I play the guitar and sing in my own Doom Metal band Markarian, mixing astronomy-themed lyrics and establishing a parallel between the inevitable end of the universe, crushed by the same forces that created it, and the end of human kind, destroyed by the very same thing that made it powerful.

Hi. Hope to have interesting musical discussions with all of you.

Tue May 09, 2017 7:50 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

welcome!

Tue May 09, 2017 8:57 am
Forum User

Zerhathos wrote:
Hello ! In the world of music and the occult I go by the name of Zerhathos. I am a metal fan, but I have a strong leaning towards classic heavy metal and specially heavy-doom metal. I play the guitar and sing in my own Doom Metal band Markarian, mixing astronomy-themed lyrics and establishing a parallel between the inevitable end of the universe, crushed by the same forces that created it, and the end of human kind, destroyed by the very same thing that made it powerful.

Hi. Hope to have interesting musical discussions with all of you.

Interesting point!
Do you think that mankind really will last until the universe ends? There are many theories that tell something different, fortunately.

p. s.: I´m sorry if this does not belong here.

Tue May 09, 2017 3:26 pm
Forum User

Merchant of Doom wrote:
Pelata wrote:
I'm Shawn. Hey.

I think we remember you... :)

:cool:

Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

firebird wrote:
Interesting point!
Do you think that mankind really will last until the universe ends? There are many theories that tell something different, fortunately.

Maybe, maybe not. Mankind has the gift of being able to adapt to any situation, even the ones it puts itself into. We are a young species, and if the circumstances allow it, we will continue to evolve, both genetically and at a shorter term, technologically.

Thu May 11, 2017 3:39 pm
Forum User

Zerhathos wrote:
firebird wrote:
Interesting point!

Maybe, maybe not. Mankind has the gift of being able to adapt to any situation, even the ones it puts itself into. We are a young species, and if the circumstances allow it, we will continue to evolve, both genetically and at a shorter term, technologically.

Well, biologically spoken, this species changes its oecological niche extremely on the one hand, but on the other hand it depends a lot on this very narrow niche. Human beings are much too complexly built and the human DNA is not big enough to deal with the smallest change, maybe a new virus, maybe a little increase of the radioactive radiation from outer space. There may be different theories, but mankind seems to be an evolutionary dead end street.

Thu May 11, 2017 4:10 pm
Forum User

firebird wrote:
Well, biologically spoken, this species changes its oecological niche extremely on the one hand, but on the other hand it depends a lot on this very narrow niche. Human beings are much too complexly built and the human DNA is not big enough to deal with the smallest change, maybe a new virus, maybe a little increase of the radioactive radiation from outer space. There may be different theories, but mankind seems to be an evolutionary dead end street.

Our technological progress is gonna make up for that, I guess. Nothing better than a world-wide disaster to really eliminate all the genetic spectrum of those not fit for survival :P

Thu May 11, 2017 4:20 pm
Forum User

Zerhathos wrote:
firebird wrote:

Our technological progress is gonna make up for that, I guess. Nothing better than a world-wide disaster to really eliminate all the genetic spectrum of those not fit for survival :P

The very few ones fit enough for survival probably are not clever enough to keep that technological progress working. The number of those which use a smartphone increases whilst the number of those able to invent one decreases I once said. Homo sapiens needs a very long and elaborate brood care but this contradicts the necessity to care about future problems instead for the own children. It could turn out as pure hybris thinking we were so cool that we are able to deal with everything. A look at the news shows that men have not really left the middle-ages yet. Within the last 3000 years there is no real development to be seen.

Fri May 12, 2017 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49