A Dream Of Poe - The Wraith Uncrowned
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Any of you old fuckers still around? 
Forum User

Post Re: Any of you old fuckers still around?

Damn I haven't logged into this website for some time. I don't remember any of my old login info so I had to make this one. I think I started around 2006 or something? I don't remember. I remember being a bit young and obnoxious, made some shit music under different names like Auaesuve and whatnot. Had a lot of fun on here back then.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:07 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I remember you very well, you were Akashic Sloth. I bought your Depthen tape. This was like 10 years ago.... :D

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 am
Forum User

Yep, that was me on both counts. I remember not being as...fun...when I was using Akashic Sloth. :D But I remember you too. Geez that Depthen tape came out exactly 10 years ago I believe, yeah. Seems like ages ago.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:33 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

What are you up to these days? Did you go on composing music?

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Silvertone wrote:
Damn I haven't logged into this website for some time. I don't remember any of my old login info so I had to make this one. I think I started around 2006 or something? I don't remember. I remember being a bit young and obnoxious, made some shit music under different names like Auaesuve and whatnot. Had a lot of fun on here back then.

Wow! I remember you! Welcome back! :)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:01 am
Forum User

I remember you too, Merchant. :) Thanks.

baphomet wrote:
What are you up to these days? Did you go on composing music?

Yeah I never stopped making music completely, but I haven't showed much of it to the public in a very long time. I'm even working on some doomy things right now that I'll probably never show anyone. We'll see. Besides that I've been trying to get a handle on this whole "adult" thing. Work consumes most of my life at this point.

How about ya'all? I'm a little surprised I don't see a lot of activity here anymore! The genre is still kicking ass but I don't see much of it here on the forum (granted I haven't looked very hard yet). I remember a few members of some pretty awesome bands posting here in the past too.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:35 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Well, the social networks siphonned off quite a lot of random visitors, but the forum is still active, thanks to a bunch of faithful maniacs - who happen to be part of the staff, for most of them! :D
Meanwhile, the publications on the main site are renewed at a blistering pace and we even opened a FB page that gathers 6000 followers, go figure!
So all in all, and considering the global context and the site's specific character, we're still making a very good job at promoting this wonderful kind of music, I think.
:dooom:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:35 am
Forum User

Oh shit. I guess I should try not to be so annoying now since most of the people I'll be interacting with are staff members, eh? :D

That all sounds pretty awesome, though! Sorry for being a lazy fuck, but you think you could link me to that facebook page?

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:53 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

well, I guess we're must be bit ashamed of it, so it's not very visible, but the link is there, at the bottom of the main page:

http://www.doom-metal.com/

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:34 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

https://www.facebook.com/DoomMetalcom

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:54 am
Forum User

Damn, I must be blind. Thanks guys. :)

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:04 am
Forum User

I guess I qualify as OG. I was on the MDB mailinglist back in the mid-90s, #Doom-metal (Undernet) from 97-99, and finally here from 2003 to 2006. I used the nickname "Perdition" last time I was here. I've grown kinda nostalgic for this place (and IRC) lately and wouldn't mind touching base with my friends from back then. I guess I've been doing semi-ok lately (well, the best I'll ever do). I've been stone cold sober for the last 9 years, so no more drunken shitposting from me. :P

Hey Loadedgoblin, get back here!

Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Ruination wrote:
I guess I qualify as OG. I was on the MDB mailinglist back in the mid-90s, #Doom-metal (Undernet) from 97-99, and finally here from 2003 to 2006. I used the nickname "Perdition" last time I was here. I've grown kinda nostalgic for this place (and IRC) lately and wouldn't mind touching base with my friends from back then. I guess I've been doing semi-ok lately (well, the best I'll ever do). I've been stone cold sober for the last 9 years, so no more drunken shitposting from me. :P

Hey Loadedgoblin, get back here!

welcome back! I do remember Perdition... and Loadedgoblin... :)

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:30 am
Forum User

Hey, back after few years of silence! Spent my time at social network and fed up with that, now its time to return to the old forums and old ways! But yeah, doing well.
We are preparing the next Profetus full-length, actually for last five years, received the final version today. So maybe some news will follow here and then!

Anssi

http://profetus.bigcartel.com/

"Towards the ancient stars and Magickal gateways
Oceans that dwell in sickness and Death
Swallowed by emerald snow
Eternal from here"

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Fuuny, last night before going to sleep I was thinking about Profetus… saying.. it's been a while....

Looking forward to the news and the release...

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:38 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Thelemist wrote:
Hey, back after few years of silence! Spent my time at social network and fed up with that, now its time to return to the old forums and old ways! But yeah, doing well.
We are preparing the next Profetus full-length, actually for last five years, received the final version today. So maybe some news will follow here and then!

Anssi

Welcome back!

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:06 am
Forum User

>> Spent my time at social network and fed up with that, now its time to return to the old forums and old ways! But yeah, doing well. <<

I still hope these old ways will have a comeback when people finally recognize social networks as not as great as those networks seemed to be - at least the Internet was been invented for forums, wasn’t it? :D

>> I was on the MDB mailinglist back in the mid-90s, #Doom-metal (Undernet) from 97-99, and finally here from 2003 to 2006. I used the nickname "Perdition" last time I was here. <<

I think I remember you. In those days I listened to a song called „ghost of perdition“ so there can be no doubts.

owlonfire on deviantart.com

Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:51 pm
Forum User

firebird wrote:
>> Spent my time at social network and fed up with that, now its time to return to the old forums and old ways! But yeah, doing well. <<

I still hope these old ways will have a comeback when people finally recognize social networks as not as great as those networks seemed to be - at least the Internet was been invented for forums, wasn’t it? :D

>> I was on the MDB mailinglist back in the mid-90s, #Doom-metal (Undernet) from 97-99, and finally here from 2003 to 2006. I used the nickname "Perdition" last time I was here. <<

I think I remember you. In those days I listened to a song called „ghost of perdition“ so there can be no doubts.

It still surprised me that I tend to see less constructive discussions on social media when it comes to the arts and music, than say some of these old forums. There are some exceptions, but very very few. It's bizarre really.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:12 am
Forum User

Yeah, I rather like to have an anonymous discussion of things of great interest - for that the forums are the best!

http://profetus.bigcartel.com/

"Towards the ancient stars and Magickal gateways
Oceans that dwell in sickness and Death
Swallowed by emerald snow
Eternal from here"

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

I've never been much of a fan of social media. I hope people eventually get sick of it and migrate back to forums. I guess the remaining forums that exist are much more focused, but I found the casual fluff kept the wheels turning. Would be cool if some old regulars would resurface. I still check this place from time to time....

firebird wrote:

I swiped that name from Anathema's song "Memento Mori". After 20 years of using that nick, I opted to retire it.

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next