Radioactive
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Computer Games 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post Re: Computer Games

I can't help it - I don't know if it's a genuine manifestation of OCD, but I find it impossible and painful to leave things incomplete. The only exception is multiplayer: I don't do online, so if there are trophies for that I just have to suck it down and be aware I'll have to leave it unfinished. But I do find that actually quite agonising! Mostly, I'm quite in my comfort zone just plugging away towards 100%, it only bugs me a little when you really have to get into stuff like grinding for super-rare item drops...

Yeah, the Uncharted plots are a bit cliche, but I do like the gameplay and it's the character interaction which I think is really well scripted.

I've just been looking up Nier Automata, that does look intriguing. Thanks for the rec!

Wed May 30, 2018 11:14 pm
Forum User

Extra point to get and try Nier Automata, extremely easy platinum game ;).

A question, did you get platinum on Dead Space 2? I remember there an extremely hard trophy, like playing the game on hardest difficulty and having only 3 saves only?

Thu May 31, 2018 6:02 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Yes, that was the hardcore mode - 3 saves, no checkpoints. It wasn't too bad, though, as you had to have played the game at least once to unlock it, so you already knew where the best places to use your saves would be (basically, before any of the bits where you had to hurtle through clouds of debris without touching anything) - from memory it was end of level 6, just before the bit where you have to drill through your own eyeball, and right before the last battle. I only died a couple of times outside of those really tricky bits, which was a nuisance but generally only meant going back a couple of levels.
As I recall, zealot mode (superfast monsters that all did one-hit kills) was actually harder to get through!
Was a while ago now (just checked - 2011!). If you're curious, all my trophies are at http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/endemoniada#games. I don't like scrolling back too far, though - there's a bunch of games that were at 100% before DLC packs that I've not played were released...annoyingly, that adjusts your completion downwards :( :D

Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm
Forum User

Man, you are hardcore :P

Here is my profile, it does really pale compared to yours

https://psnprofiles.com/Frostmourne18

Ah, need to add to my list, Batman Arkham Asylum, I think that game was revolutionary it terms of gameplay. Arkham City was good, still planning to play Arkham Knight

Thu May 31, 2018 8:37 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

That's not too shabby, to be fair! You've got some pretty prestigious and tough trophies in there (the God of War series, for a start!).
Reminds me Darksiders was a promisingly enjoyable series, hope part III turns up sometime soon.

What did you think of Horizon Zero Dawn? I was given that for my birthday, but I haven't even opened it yet!

Thu May 31, 2018 9:00 pm
Forum User

Yup Darksiders was good in both gameplay and plot. Hope to hear something about it in E3.

For Horizon Zero Dawn, The game is very good, the world is beautiful, the enemies art is awesome, the gameplay is very good. It is not button mash fest, rather every enemy has a weak spot and weak element you have to use in order to defeat it, specially the big ones. A lot of talents you can unlock while playing.. overall enjoyable game.

Plot wise not bad, specially at the end when you are wondering why the world in such a mess and all those advanced robots doing in a stone age environment...etc. Again the only thing that bothers me about it is the dialog options/choices, but thankfully it is much less than the big names out there like dragon age or mass effect.

Overall, Enjoyable game.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3