Radioactive
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Quest for a New Amplifier 
Forum User

Post Quest for a New Amplifier

Recently been getting more into doom/sludge/psych etc... and Im looking to upgrade from my solid state Fender Frontman 25r.

As cool as it would be to get a 100w Matamp, Sunn Model T, Laney AOR 100, or Traynor YSR I simply cant drop over 1k on just a head nor do I have anywhere to crank one of those to really get it to shine. I mostly jam at home and sometimes with another guitarist, bass player, or drummer.

Tonally Im looking for a sound similar to Black Woods (Landscapes album), The Devil and the almighty Blues, The Spacelords (Liquid Sun album), Stoned Jesus (Seven Thunders Roar album), Haunted, Electric Octopus, etc... etc...

Looking at an all tube either combo (at least 1x12 preferably 2x10,2x12, and maybe 4x10 at the max) or head in the range or 15-40 watts preferably toward the lower end of this spectrum but options and opinions are welcome! (Ive had my eye on the Laney Cub 12 15w head). If I were to go with a head what cabs would you recommend (im thinking closed back 1x12,2x12,1x15, or maybe 4x10 at the very max). Ive also heard of bands using old Ampeg SVT Bass cabs and the new 2x10 closed back versions are quite affordable, opinions?

Id pefer to keep the total budget under $800 if possible.

Here is a clip of me jamming (guitar is an Ibanez GAX70) -

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:41 am
Forum User

Post Re: Quest for a New Amplifier

Laney GH series. AORs come in 30w, and don't think they are super expensive yet.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]