Thermal Mass
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Anyone up for a quarantine project? 
Forum User

Post Anyone up for a quarantine project?

I was thinking would any musicians around here be up for trying to put up a virtual doom band project? I play the guitar myself and can make songs. I'm not very adept at recording and mixing, but I could probably make passable recordings if somebody else can post-product them. I'm thinking of a blackened doom style, grimy and lofi. Hit me up if you are interested!

Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:47 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post Re: Anyone up for a quarantine project?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12256

Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:43 am
Forum User

Ah,yes, thanks for the link.

Does anyone use drum machines or the like for drum parts in their projects? Would be interested in hearing recommendations on good/affordable VST's for that.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:14 am
Forum User

Ive been using superior drummer for my demos. Sounds awesome and lots of good man played loops in there. I used it on my demo but since then I've been able to get WAY better sounds through it. Also, I would recommend recording your guitars parts with at least a DI input as well since you can always reamp it later or use something like Biasfx2 later for different sounds. the full length we did I just played the parts with my regular setup and recorded both a DI and the mics(mostly for checking my playing) and had the guy who mixed it reamp it later

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:40 am
Forum User

Yeah I've been trying out Ezdrummer2. It's really quite handy, although not cheap... Well, I just sold my other guitar so I'll invest the rest of those moneys into the EZD anyways. I also bought a Peavey Valve King 100 combo... the working man's doom amp :metalhead: cheap and loud.

It's a pity how hard it's finding real people to play with nowadays. I have noticed that the computer age has made it possible to skip the social skills that it takes to form and play in a band, and just do it by yourself. I think there's a lot lost there :crying:

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:58 pm
Forum User

I could definitely be interested. Injured a finger which is soon done healing, but can play bass, Chapman stick and drums. I'm also a music producer so I can do production too.

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:18 am
Forum User

I can sing and write lyrics. I've been a metal singer for going on 30 years and have made several records, the most recent of which was Final Sign - Hold High The Flame.

I have never done Doom but I would LOVE the opportunity.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]