Thermal Mass
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Bass / chapman stick for online projects 
Forum User

Post Bass / chapman stick for online projects

Hey,

So as a way to relax from my pretty intense academic work in music, I'd love to play either session or join an online project. I'm able to read and write sheet music, but tabs are fine as well. I'm 30, located in Europe, been playing music for about 15 years now on different instruments. I'd love to get to explore my bass more or my chapman stick. I'm also able to record myself of course, and I have a background in music production as well. Pretty open genre-wise, and could be just that you need bass or stick on a few things or something more long term. Genre-wise I'm quite open in general but to play right now definitely more death doom, funeral doom, black metal, experimental music, etc.

Some influences: Agalloch, Winterfylleth, Longing for Dawn, Shape of Despair, Ahab, My Dying Bride, Funeral, Morgion, Mourning Beloveth, Dornenreich, Saint Vitus, Yob, Sunn0))), 40 Watt Sun, lots of jazz and classical music as well.

Some instruments I have:
-Electric guitar
-Electric bass
-Chapman stick (10 string)
-Keyboard
-Electric drums (my original main instrument).

At some point I will definitely buy a much better e-kit since mine is finished after so much rehearsing when I was in undergrad. I should plug it back in honestly, also have a bunch of sample libraries for drums and other instruments. Also considering to buy a recorded.

Sat May 23, 2020 8:39 pm
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

Post Re: Bass / chapman stick for online projects

Y'know, being a big fan of Tony Levin's work in KC and with Peter Gabriel I might be after some Stick at some point. I'm currently in the release phase of albums with two of my bands, when I get back into composing I might just have to take you up on that... never considered it before as this is the first time I ever encountered someone who has one!!

Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]