aeurtum-banner
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Faceless Unknown (funeral doom/death)Demo '2007+2 new songs 
Forum User

Thanx a lot!! ))

Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:24 pm
Forum User

Really stellar work you did. Very dark and emotional and down tuned...none of that fuzzy stuff....just pure crushing funeral doom the way I enjoy it.

I have to download the new tracks now and check them out too.

It is certainly good to hear some new funeral doom

:)

Self Perception Theory - despondent suicide drone
http://www.perceivingthyself.wordpress.com

Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:01 pm
anyone can make one man funeral doom, come on... start a band or something

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:27 am
Forum User

Cruel Shoes wrote:
anyone can make one man funeral doom, come on... start a band or something

anyone can start a band as well. the thing is, not everyone can do it well. such is this. despite your (ironic) one man crusade against one man bands, some of them are good. admittedly, some of them are shit, but that's the same story with full bands, isn't it?

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:16 pm
no.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:23 pm
Forum User

soooo, all full bands are good, and all one man projects suck? how about nortt vs. nickelback?

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:10 pm
yes but they would never be able to gig and 90% of the one man projects suck arse bigtime . On stage that's were it all happens.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:14 pm
And i cannot stand this oneman funeral black bedroom project hype. oh please, when will it end. Just start a band and gig. That's better than a amateuristic 20 limited copies crappy recorded crap cd with a cheesy photoshopped googled sleeve.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:16 pm
Forum User

i record music by myself because i can't stand playing live. i hate crowds, and i hate being on stage. as usual, if you don't like it, don't listen.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 pm
pity

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:27 pm
Forum User

don't get me wrong, i've been in bands. i also studied classical guitar at university, which obviously comes with a lot of recitals. it just isn't for me. if people want to write and record there own music, having total control over every aspect of it, what's the harm?

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:40 pm
I can understand that, but I cannot stand the 90% that is uninspired one day produced, demo-quality-"official-release" crap that several people produce. Just because they are to 'lazy' to put on a show.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:43 pm
Forum User

I appreciate a lot of people are beginning to sit up and take notice of Funeral Doom, but I don't think we're at "Black Metal" stage yet per se. What people do is their own choice. You don't like it? Good! Is fine, no worries with that. At least until you start posting on a thread that you have no purpose in aiding, which surely implies that you want people to accept and adopt your views? If not that, then why? Everyone is already aware how much bad press all Funeral Doom is getting at the moment from a couple of bad eggs in the nest. Everyone is already aware of the viewpoint you presented as it's been said by numerous others in various threads. "Live and let die", eh? Everyone's entitled to an opinion - definitely. Just doesn't seem a lot of point posting it on a thread that's here for opinions on the music of the band rather than the music is a whole. Just my worthless two cents anyway!

"Two cents"? Since when have I been American? Do we English have a better saying than that before I am corrupted? Anyone?

------------------------------------------------------

"The attempt to silence a man is the greatest compliment you can bestow upon him. It means you recognise his superiority to yourself"

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
man, that looks like you copied it from another topic. Can't I just tell this guy that his project would be a lot more interesting if he'd play this at stage?

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Forum User

Cruel Shoes wrote:
man, that looks like you copied it from another topic. Can't I just tell this guy that his project would be a lot more interesting if he'd play this at stage?

you could have, but that's not what you said, is it?

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:17 pm
Forum User

I can understand where persist is coming from, I like making music by myself and only personal really to me, only I'm not releasing anything anymore . Well at least, I'm not really planning on it.

Nevermind...

Last edited by Silverdrone on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:38 pm
persist wrote:
Cruel Shoes wrote:

you could have, but that's not what you said, is it?

stop! I'm trying to get myself an excuse.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:59 pm
Forum User

ahhh. im done then

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:11 pm
no sorry I said that and I meant something else.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm
Forum User

understood. its cool.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next