Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Deludium Skies 
Forum User

Post Deludium Skies

Shameless self-promotion:

https://deludiumskies.bandcamp.com/album/inferno

I wouldn't call most of it metal, but it's kinda doom/drone-related. So maybe something for you...

You can download a free track (along with many others) here:

https://mindinflamedsouladrift.bandcamp ... ft-vol-iii

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Post Re: Deludium Skies

Just listened to a bit of the first couple of tracks—I like the subdued vibe; makes me think of a more distorted (guitars) version of Earth’s “Angels Of Darkness, Demons Of Light” (1 or 2).

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:52 am
Forum User

I enjoy this style quite a lot and this is pretty nice on the whole.

The only complaint I have is that it is too upbeat at times. Also - it tends to be a bit too monotone which does not always work for this specific style, but this might be due to the improvised nature of the songs (or the bandcamp tag is inaccurate?)

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:07 pm
Forum User

Thanks, you two.

Nah, it's correct. I don't do much classical songwriting. It's based on improvisations. There's usually a core, be it a beat, or a guitar/bass line, and the rest is pretty much made up spontaneously. Sometimes even in one-takes.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

I checked some of the other releases, but they seem more ambient right, anything else in Inferno vein?

As for the improvisation - I've always wondered about the reasons artists choose this way. As far as I am concerned if an improvised piece is good (which Inferno is) it can only get better with more time invested in it in order to enrich it...

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:21 am
Forum User

klamerin wrote:
I checked some of the other releases, but they seem more ambient right, anything else in Inferno vein?

It's not so easy for me to pin everything exactly down on genres. I often don't have any specific style in mind when I start recording. So it can quite differ from song to song. I guess Inferno is maybe one of the more consistent albums.
Maybe you should give these guys a try too:
https://aluktodolo.bandcamp.com/album/voix

klamerin wrote:
As for the improvisation - I've always wondered about the reasons artists choose this way. As far as I am concerned if an improvised piece is good (which Inferno is) it can only get better with more time invested in it in order to enrich it...

Depends on what you want to achieve. Of course you can even record dozens of takes for every part, compose every single bit through and through, and even correct the smallest errors with pitch correction and all the other tools nowadays. Especially in pop music and some metal styles there are strong tendencies towards this way. But I aim for a live-jam atmosphere, without much compromise, where accidents - in either good or bad ways - can and will happen. Short: It just wouldn't be same.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]