ForeverAutumnHowls
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Funeralium - Decrepit 
Forum User

Post Funeralium - Decrepit

So, the first song from the new Funeralium album is out.

I like it more than expected. It is more simple then usual, which I like a lot, though I admit it might be disappointing to some. But it lacks excessive fast parts which is great, hopefully this is representative of the entire album.

All other elements that define them are there too - great vocals, droning hypnotic parts, nice build-ups, though I wished it was a bit more wretched as a whole - it feels a tiny bit more accessible than it should (for Funeralium standards of course=).

Something that is disappointing though is the fact that the last couple of minutes where everything slows down are so obviously better than the rest, that I cannot help but think about the wasted potential (similar to the how Mourning Dawn's "The five steps to death" ends)

btw - weird fact about the band name origin I just now realized due to Weird Truth - Funeralium = Funeral + Valium=)

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:49 am
Forum User

Post Re: Funeralium - Decrepit

Second song is out. I'm kinda disappointed with it, as even though it's nice, it sounds as if taken directly from the previous two albums (fast parts, soft tremolo guitars, etc) and the previous one raised up my hopes for something different this time.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:10 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post Re: Funeralium - Decrepit

The first song was better indeed.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]