Aesthetic Death
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
New Catacombs album "Awakening of the Old Ones" 
Forum User

Post New Catacombs album "Awakening of the Old Ones"

I got an email from Mr. Xathagorra. He wrote that Catacombs: "Awakening of the Old Ones" is almost finished. He also wrote something about touring the US. Good news!

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:06 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post Re: New Catacombs album "Awakening of the Old Ones"

oh really? I have both Catacombs album, just for the sake of History 'cause it's super hard to get into and I rarely listen to them!

I think I like Hierophnat more, but the best of all his efforts' Origin of Darkness.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:00 am
Forum User

Yes, origin of darkness is doom/death metal done right! Chugging along at a glorious pace. :)

Catacombs is the most lovecraftian doom I've ever heard.

Last edited by unwashed_villager on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:00 pm
Forum User

Wow, that's truly fantastic news! I did not expect new material from them. I really, really like Catacombs (and of course Hierophant - such darkness there) and would love to hear more of them. I wonder what the sound would have become after so many years!

Btw, as for Xathagorra himself, I have vague recollections that he had some serious health issues in the past, I might be wrong but I remember reading about this in his site, which is no longer online. Anybody knows if things are better for him, hopefully?

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:04 am
Forum User

klamerin wrote:
Wow, that's truly fantastic news! I did not expect new material from them. I really, really like Catacombs (and of course Hierophant - such darkness there) and would love to hear more of them. I wonder what the sound would have become after so many years!

Btw, as for Xathagorra himself, I have vague recollections that he had some serious health issues in the past, I might be wrong but I remember reading about this in his site, which is no longer online. Anybody knows if things are better for him, hopefully?

I don't know about his health situation. Apparently he's into game streaming these days (for all the good it'll do him...). These are his channels:

mixer.com/Gorexecutioner
mixer.com/voidoverlords

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:13 pm
Forum User

Geeeeez! He finally posted something again. It's about his health.

Absolutely dreadful. That is a lot of money to raise for someone few people even know about. :shock:

Last edited by unwashed_villager on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:30 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I once made a reaction to ticks' bites. It was years ago, I rode my bike through some woods till I lost my way. I then walk through thick undergrows to work out where I was. When I got back home, getting out of the shower, I noticed I had ... several of those little bastards sucking the blood out of my balls!
Later, I started to show sings of infection - typically, a growing pink-red circle on the skin. I've been treated with a heavy dose of antibiotics and never showed any other sign of the Lyme disease.
I know this is a severe condition that touches the nervous system. Once you're affected, it's for life. I pitty him really!

Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:29 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

baphomet wrote:
I once made a reaction to ticks' bites. It was years ago, I rode my bike through some woods till I lost my way. I then walk through thick undergrows to work out where I was. When I got back home, getting out of the shower, I noticed I had ... several of those little bastards sucking the blood out of my balls!
Later, I started to show sings of infection - typically, a growing pink-red circle on the skin. I've been treated with a heavy dose of antibiotics and never showed any other sign of the Lyme disease.
I know this is a severe condition that touches the nervous system. Once you're affected, it's for life. I pitty him really!

My brother got Lyme Disease... he nearly died of it... he was in Kazhakistan...

Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:41 am
Forum User

These things are bastards. I must have ripped out hundreds from dogs and cats by now. Dogs they like to bite very close to the eyes. Just imagine how annoying that would be; if you see it slowly growing in the corner of your eye but you can't get rid of it. :sniper: I'm sure it's going to get even worse due to global warming. Soon, there'll be no season without the danger of being bitten.

If he sells his equipment, chances are, he'll never get back to creating more music. He should have released more music and kept us updated a bit better - just posting a message on bandcamp goes a long way - but we don't have the full picture. A bad health situation can easily mess up every plan you have.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]