Radioactive
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PAYPAL privacy policy 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post PAYPAL privacy policy

I need some pieces of advice here. That's a few weeks now that my paypal account has been restricted (the only restriction up till now seems to forbid the closing of the account). To raise the restriction, Paypal asks for private, ID documents, driving license, receipt, anything offcial with my name on it, and possibly a photo.
Well, don't you thing I'm running the risk of giving somebody ill-intentioned the easy occasion to counterfeit my identity? I don't know to what purpose and with which gains, but I feel this is an abusive policy and I'm very reluctant to do so...

This restriction happened when I've got some money back from a deal for which I had paid too much, I guess this very operation automatically made me a seller and not only a buyer, and my status changed.

What would you do? Or what did you in this case?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 am
Forum User

Post Re: PAYPAL privacy policy

This sounds very weird, I've received refunds in my paypal account a couple of times but none of this happened.

Are you sure this is not one of the extremely common phishing emails that claim to be from paypal and as for details in order to unblock or whatever your account? I get this at least once per week=)

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Looks like you have done something that made PayPal suspicious and they have limited it to protect you... pain in the ass, if you ask me...

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/limitations

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:47 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

My paypal account hasn't been hacked and it isn't a message I got via e-mail.
I've already had that problem with another paypal account, the same message kept asking me to complete my paypal profile with ids, photos, telephone numbers etc orherwise, I would not benefit from a full access to my account.
In the picture I post here, in French, sorry, but I'm based in a French-speaking region, and I can't change that, The message says that somebody tried to send me money, but the amount being superior to what the European legislation allows, it has been suspended, until I regularize my profile. But this is plain wrong: I did get the refund I expected, and this was a very small amount. So, I don't get it. I've created a new paypal account to be freed of those insistent, incomprehensible messages, and the same happens again, right when I cashed that money, I'm sure of that.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 am
Forum User

I think you should just call them, if you manage to get through their English, they are usually pretty helpful (I had a card blocked and instead of following the standard procedure I just called them and they fixed it for me=)

p.s. plus they can make an change to your account if there is some stupid setting that causes this behaviour=)

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:09 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Funny thing is that it doesn't prevent me from using my account the way I used to, to pay, get paid, refill it via my bank account. This all works perfectly fine... It's just that this warning red triangle upsets and worries me! :D

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:35 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

it is weird indeed... just call them... I did once when someone based in China managed to withdraw $100 from my account... they fixed it straightaway...

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:49 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I've posted a message on their community forum...

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]