The Doomed Forum
http://www.doom-metal.com/phpbb2/

To what listenest thou?
http://www.doom-metal.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10
Page 453 of 460

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Sinister Downfall - A Dark Shining Light

Author:  NTNR [ Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist and Yell
Thin Lizzy - Fighting
Angra - Rebirth
Dio - Lockup the Wolves
Rainbow - Rising
Blind Guardian - Tails from the Twilight World

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

The Cure - Disintegration

Author:  unwashed_villager [ Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Moloch - Love songs (sludge)
Imperceptum - Ascension to a higher plane of existence
Reeking - Perpetual torment (too many dumb samples again)

Wastes - Into The Void of Human Vacuity
Death/funeral doom. One track of 40 minutes. Members from Ataraxie are involved.

The preview track from the new solitude release:
Ivan - Silver screens
Aussie band. It's mostly peaceful death doom with a violin and something like a xylophone/marimba (?). The screams are a bit strange.
https://solitudeproductions.bandcamp.co ... er-screens

Moonworshipper - 13 Fullmoon Nights of Loneliness
This is quite something! Even has some female vocals. NYP.
https://hypnoticdirgerecords.bandcamp.c ... loneliness

They use 4 at once?! :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix-QW-BShPY

Author:  baphomet [ Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

unwashed_villager wrote:
Wastes - Into The Void of Human Vacuity
Death/funeral doom. One track of 40 minutes. Members from Ataraxie are involved.




I think it's Laurent from Mourning Dawn rather. He never was in Ataraxie.

Author:  baphomet [ Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Frailty/ lost lifeless lights

Author:  unwashed_villager [ Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Abstract Spirit - Theomorphic Defectiveness
Abstract Spirit - Horror Vacui
Thou - Tyrant
Gnaw their tongues - Hymns for the Broken, Swollen And Silent
Demented but fun.

TRAPPED WITHIN BURNING MACHINERY - THE PUTRID STENCH OF DECAYING SELF
Nice sabbathy sludge but they don't stop there (check out the last song).

... and this abomination:
CHAOS MOTION - Psychological Spasms Cacophony (Technical Death Metal)

baphomet wrote:
unwashed_villager wrote:
Wastes - Into The Void of Human Vacuity
Death/funeral doom. One track of 40 minutes. Members from Ataraxie are involved.


I think it's Laurent from Mourning Dawn rather. He never was in Ataraxie.

Not that it matters but I read on the German wikipedia page that Julien Payan from Ataraxie plays guitars in Wastes.

Author:  baphomet [ Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

The founder of Wastes, the "mastermind" and grand organizer of this project is Laurent Chaulet of Inborn Suffering (outsatnding melo death doom band) and Mourning Dawn. He's from Rouen - France, as are the guys of Ataraxie, if i'mnot mistaken. I suppose they all know each orther.

Not that it's super interesting but give to Caesar etc... ;)

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

unwashed_villager wrote:

TRAPPED WITHIN BURNING MACHINERY - THE PUTRID STENCH OF DECAYING SELF
Nice sabbathy sludge but they don't stop there (check out the last song).


Is this a new one?

EDIT: no, it's not... the Filth Element from 2015 is pretty good too...

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
The founder of Wastes, the "mastermind" and grand organizer of this project is Laurent Chaulet of Inborn Suffering (outsatnding melo death doom band) and Mourning Dawn. He's from Rouen - France, as are the guys of Ataraxie, if i'mnot mistaken. I suppose they all know each orther.

Not that it's super interesting but give to Caesar etc... ;)


:yawn:

Author:  unwashed_villager [ Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

CAVURN - Rehearsal
Raw death/doom almost always slow to mid-tempo.
https://bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.co ... /rehearsal

Merchant of Doom wrote:
EDIT: no, it's not... the Filth Element from 2015 is pretty good too...

What on god's green earth is this? An album based on this awful blockbuster movie? They either have a sense of humour or no taste at all. :cheeky: However, it would be a good title for a... spin-off movie. I will have to consult the archives.

I was bored yesterday but, after having watched the stream for the new solitude release, I've reached a new level of un-excitement. :/

Author:  baphomet [ Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

unwashed_villager wrote:
I was bored yesterday but, after having watched the stream for the new solitude release, I've reached a new level of un-excitement. :/



If you thinking of Yvan, it's a band that bored me right from their debut.

Now: Immense Intense Suspence by Phlebotomized

Author:  klamerin [ Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
unwashed_villager wrote:
I was bored yesterday but, after having watched the stream for the new solitude release, I've reached a new level of un-excitement. :/



If you thinking of Yvan, it's a band that bored me right from their debut.


If you are both talking about Ivan - the new record seems much less interesting than the wonderful and pretty unique one that preceded it. It almost seems like they listened to all those who criticized them for "Memory" and the leading role the violin played there. The first song from the new one seems too safe and even though I still like it, it is a bit disappointing=)

Author:  unwashed_villager [ Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Abstract Spirit - Tragedy and weeds

klamerin wrote:
If you are both talking about Ivan - the new record seems much less interesting than the wonderful and pretty unique one that preceded it. It almost seems like they listened to all those who criticized them for "Memory" and the leading role the violin played there. The first song from the new one seems too safe and even though I still like it, it is a bit disappointing=)

Of course, I'm talking about them. :;): The less said the better. I don't want to resort to using the su-word...

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

I always hated them... :p

Author:  baphomet [ Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

I've juste tried 20 min + of Memory.. It gave me a headache!

Author:  unwashed_villager [ Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Fuoco Fatuo - Backwater
Doom/death. I liked this a lot. Not exactly catchy but gripping.

Geng - Screwing Yourself To Live: A Chopped & Slowed Tribute To Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath but broken:


Ah! Their title track sounds so wrong. It's glorious. :D

Author:  klamerin [ Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Well, obviously I was the only one who really liked Ivan and now I do not even like them that much after they toned down their style=))

unwashed_villager wrote:
Fuoco Fatuo - Backwater
Doom/death. I liked this a lot. Not exactly catchy but gripping.

Geng - Screwing Yourself To Live: A Chopped & Slowed Tribute To Black Sabbath


Fuoco Fatuo is excellent, I love it. An amazing improvement over their debut.

The slowed down Black Sabbath is awful, it sounds literally slowed down and the vocals are unbearable this way=)))

Author:  unwashed_villager [ Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

I'd listen to this any day of the week instead of Ivan. Maybe "double bells" are the next trend in doom.

klamerin wrote:
Well, obviously I was the only one who really liked Ivan and now I do not even like them that much after they toned down their style=))


You just happen to have a weird taste in music. :p

Author:  baphomet [ Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Merciful Nuns / the whole disco.

Excellent gothic band. Not metal in here but a gripping sense of haunting atmospheres. The true heirs of Fields of the Nephilim.

Page 453 of 460 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/