The Doomed Forum
http://www.doom-metal.com/phpbb2/

To what listenest thou?
http://www.doom-metal.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10
Page 416 of 460

Author:  baphomet [ Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

The Garden of Delight/ necromanteion IV

It was expensive, but totally worth the money.

Author:  baphomet [ Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Planning For Burial/ below the house

excellent postmetal; one the the very few that got me interested these last years.

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
Planning For Burial/ below the house

excellent postmetal; one the the very few that got me interested these last years.


It's very good indeed...

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Gates to the Morning - Return to Earth

Another post-metal release... post-blackish, maybe with a touch of progressive...

https://gatestothemorning.bandcamp.com/ ... to-earth-4

Author:  klamerin [ Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
Planning For Burial/ below the house.


I agree this is quite nice, very restrained=)

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

The Moss Gatherer - Esoteric Oppression

Author:  baphomet [ Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Merchant of Doom wrote:
The Moss Gatherer - Esoteric Oppression


I liked this a lot, cheers!

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
Merchant of Doom wrote:
The Moss Gatherer - Esoteric Oppression


I liked this a lot, cheers!


Thanks... previous one is good too... my only problem is that the vocals can be a bit too shouty... :p


Author:  unwashed_villager [ Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Very impressed by this russian band at the moment:

Who Dies In Siberian Slush - Remberence



Funeral doom with a trombone. Awesome dual vocals, too. You can tell the music is a labour of love for this band.

Author:  baphomet [ Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Neurosis/ a sun that never sets

It didn't age very well; I find it pretty boring!

Author:  klamerin [ Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
Neurosis/ a sun that never sets

It didn't age very well; I find it pretty boring!


Weird, I still find both this and especially The Eye Of Every Storm to be perfect=)

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts

Author:  jefftheterrible [ Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

We’re trolling each other at work with the most obnoxious songs we can find.
I think one that reigns supreme in that department.

Three Beat Slide - Skip Slip Slide.

Look it up on YouTube. You’ll thank me.



Well, probably not, but you should still look it up.

Author:  klamerin [ Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Koma - Through Blackened Veils - got a hint about this via baphomet's bandcamp purchases. Quite nice, but if only there were more grunted vocals than shouted, it would be fantastic=)))

Author:  baphomet [ Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Great! I dont even know how to access my bandcamp page myself! :D

Now Vanha: within the mist of sorrow

on a side note; to react to Merch's latest post: I nearly bought this album by Katatonia, and after your post, I gave it a new listen; in the end, I don't think it's worth my spending money for it... It's even one of their weakest imo.

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
on a side note; to react to Merch's latest post: I nearly bought this album by Katatonia, and after your post, I gave it a new listen; in the end, I don't think it's worth my spending money for it... It's even one of their weakest imo.


I don't think it's one the weakest... not the best, but it's good dark metal, for easy listening... :p

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Mirror Morionis - Our Bereavement Season

Author:  baphomet [ Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

Someone recommended this album on MA. This is some pretty good doomy BM. It has this strange mind-numbing, ethereal vibe that connects it to doom somehow, but it lacks the essential heaviness that'd justify the Black Doom label.

https://alkymistmtl.bandcamp.com/album/ ... t-ceremony

Author:  Merchant of Doom [ Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

New Pinkish Black is pretty good...

https://pinkishblack.bandcamp.com/album ... nification

Author:  unwashed_villager [ Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
Someone recommended this album on MA. This is some pretty good doomy BM. It has this strange mind-numbing, ethereal vibe that connects it to doom somehow, but it lacks the essential heaviness that'd justify the Black Doom label.

https://alkymistmtl.bandcamp.com/album/ ... t-ceremony


This is quite cool! Do you know mizmor as well?

https://mizmor.bandcamp.com/album/yodh

Page 416 of 460 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/