Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:55 am



Reply to topic  [ 9731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 483, 484, 485, 486, 487  Next
To what listenest thou? 
Author Message
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

UDOM - as dead as time

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:02 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 1582
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Towards Atlantis Lights - When the Ashes Devoured the Sun - overall a great album mostly due to the amazing guitar lines of Ivan Zara, the guy from Void of Silence who creates the most majestic melodies. The only annoying part are the stupid fast and aggressive parts scattered throughout, I but I can live with them.

Déhà - Summertime MMXXI - a weird 3-4 hours compilation for crowdfunding with everything thrown in, mostly done very quickly, in very different genres. I do not how Deha does it but while nothing outstanding it is still great, with the exception of the songs with Patri which is some strange new metal crap. The drone track is also surprisingly nice.

https://deha.bandcamp.com/album/summert ... i-campaign


Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:37 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

klamerin wrote:

Déhà - Summertime MMXXI - a weird 3-4 hours compilation for crowdfunding with everything thrown in, mostly done very quickly, in very different genres. I do not how Deha does it but while nothing outstanding it is still great, with the exception of the songs with Patri which is some strange new metal crap. The drone track is also surprisingly nice.

https://deha.bandcamp.com/album/summert ... i-campaign


Thanks for the tip; I'm on the track with Van cappellen... I'm in awe. :)

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:09 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Discovering this "hard-hitting" (cf. their description tags) rock band, Miscellen.
https://miscellen.bandcamp.com/

it reminds me of something of the past Ican't really put my finger on; is this Prong? or a mix of Prong and like, The God Machine...?? It's nice, it's the voice and its shouting tone, and the echo effect on it that is striking a chord in my old memory... not that hard-hitting though, but very nice.

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:28 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 10468
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
Discovering this "hard-hitting" (cf. their description tags) rock band, Miscellen.
https://miscellen.bandcamp.com/

it reminds me of something of the past Ican't really put my finger on; is this Prong? or a mix of Prong and like, The God Machine...?? It's nice, it's the voice and its shouting tone, and the echo effect on it that is striking a chord in my old memory... not that hard-hitting though, but very nice.


Don't know what they remind me of... of course, there is a bit of Jane's Addiction there, but the rest? Very good indeed.

EDIT: the track "Scream all you want" is blatantly a Katatonia's track in disguise!

_________________
It's not Doom...


Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:43 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 10468
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Les Discrets - Ariettes oubliées

_________________
It's not Doom...


Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:20 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 10468
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Fen - The Dead Light

_________________
It's not Doom...


Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:05 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Pure raw, primitive sludge drone doom. with Slow, it's the second project of Déhà I value the most:

https://yhdarl.bandcamp.com/album/und-so-endet-es

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:48 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 1582
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Merchant of Doom wrote:
EDIT: the track "Scream all you want" is blatantly a Katatonia's track in disguise!


I do not hear any Katatonia there, but I'm totally hooked on this track, pity there aren't any other like this one in the album...


Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:10 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

klamerin wrote:
Merchant of Doom wrote:
EDIT: the track "Scream all you want" is blatantly a Katatonia's track in disguise!


I do not hear any Katatonia there, but I'm totally hooked on this track, pity there aren't any other like this one in the album...



Honestly, The God Machine would be the band I was thinking about to compare Miscellen to. Such a gem this project was. It haunted my nocturnal peregrinations in Brussels when I was 17, 18 years old.

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:22 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Suffer Yourself's new offering is streaming, :metalhead: !

https://sufferyourself.bandcamp.com/

edit: the first part of the first song is plain grim death doom, and I was ready for a disappointment, but the rest revives the subtelties of the first two albums

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:40 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 10468
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
klamerin wrote:
Merchant of Doom wrote:
EDIT: the track "Scream all you want" is blatantly a Katatonia's track in disguise!


I do not hear any Katatonia there, but I'm totally hooked on this track, pity there aren't any other like this one in the album...



Honestly, The God Machine would be the band I was thinking about to compare Miscellen to. Such a gem this project was. It haunted my nocturnal peregrinations in Brussels when I was 17, 18 years old.


There is some God Machine, for sure. Shame they stopped after 2 albums, after the death of the bass guitarist.

_________________
It's not Doom...


Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:28 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 1582
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Superlynx - discography.

I had forgotten how nice the first album is - slow and brooding with vocals that somehow create a mood similar to Unholy's weird female vocals on The Second Ring of Power, which is surprising. Pity each next album got happier and dumber...


Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:58 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Dirge - Vanishing Point

the track 'abscence' is really good.

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:49 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 1582
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Funerlium - discography

The debut still seems to be the best for me, even though it is very, very simple compared to what comes next. But the variety and truly great ideas in the following albums come at the expense of way too many fast parts, which are to be expected from bands like Ataraxie...


Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:18 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 1619
Location: Doom
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

klamerin wrote:
Funerlium - discography

The debut still seems to be the best for me, even though it is very, very simple compared to what comes next. But the variety and truly great ideas in the following albums come at the expense of way too many fast parts, which are to be expected from bands like Ataraxie...


Funny, I'm the opposite. I didn't care for their first album but love the later releases.

NP:
Alice Cooper - Killer
Iron Maiden - Tell Aviv

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nevertanezra/163179627054889
https://nevertanezra.bandcamp.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/NTNR1

"It's angry at the room, mom, it wants the room to suffer."


Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 10468
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Just discovered this... pretty good progressive metal from Poland


_________________
It's not Doom...


Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

Hyponic "前行者"

this is what I call a great 'awkward' death doom album.

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 1582
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

baphomet wrote:
Hyponic "前行者"

this is what I call a great 'awkward' death doom album.


Indeed one of the best albums for me, simply stunning. I so hope for a follow-up.


Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:50 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14502
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post Re: To what listenest thou?

klamerin wrote:
baphomet wrote:
Hyponic "前行者"
this is what I call a great 'awkward' death doom album.


Indeed one of the best albums for me, simply stunning. I so hope for a follow-up.



and it's free on their bandcamp too: https://hyponic.bandcamp.com/album/-

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 483, 484, 485, 486, 487  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.