Doom-metalMDB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Skepticism Documentary 
Forum User

Post Skepticism Documentary

Thu May 10, 2018 7:29 pm
Forum User

Post Re: Skepticism Documentary

That's actually pretty great, thx=)

Tue May 22, 2018 6:39 am
Forum User

I'm surprised this isn't being talked about more!

Before this, the last interview I watched from these guys was conducted by some pretentious douche-bag who didn't really get much interesting out of the band. This, however, was very cool. I feel like I understand these guys and their approach to the art in a way I hadn't before. In particular, it's pretty inspirational to see how committed they are to their style. I loved how the vocalist talked about how he would still be doing all of this old and in a wheelchair. :D

The talk of how they don't see all of their music as coming from a depressive place also sticks with me for some reason. When I listen to songs from Stormcrowfleet or Lead and Aether I very rarely get a sad or depressive vibe, so it makes sense. Those albums in particular always struck me as very fitting for general quiet introspection or tuning in to nature like a good ambient album would be, rather than the dark places a lot of doom metal takes me. It's neat to see I'm not going crazy with those thoughts.

Overall, seeing these guys talk about and display their passion for the craft reminds me that there is still a lot of life in this niche genre of music, and inspires me to continue pursuing my own creative things. I look forward to whatever comes next. :)

P.S.
Ordeal was awesome and I totally get the concept they were going for, but I still kinda wish it was a studio-recorded album. :p

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:09 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I like the calm and sobriety of these people. Almost Japanese. :D

Farmakon is the highlight of their career so far, imo. I haven't been much impressed by the latest couple of albums.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 am
Staff Member
Staff Member

I'll have to give it a full, proper watch. I, too, have never seen Skepticism's music as sad or depressive, but rather majestic and passionate.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:41 pm
Forum User

Dooo it! It's worth the watch.

I must admit I love the first 3 albums more than the last two overall, but nonetheless Alloy and Ordeal have a lot of beautiful and powerful moments I think. Antimony and The Departure are among their best songs, if you ask me!

Last edited by Silvertone on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:08 am
Forum User

I like Stormcrowfleet up to AES era, this is my favorite era. Farmakon and its related EP, was nice change, I also like it. Alloy is my least favorite release from skepticism, I only like the Arrival from that CD.

For Ordeal, I was little skeptic about it since it will be a live release. But i was surprised how good was the sound quality, and the songs were good as well.... Favourite song there March incomplete...

Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]