Thermal Mass
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:28 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Doom metal releases on vinyl. 
Author Message
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Canada
Reply with quote
Post Doom metal releases on vinyl.

It seems that the genre I crave most on vinyl is quite limited. :sigh: Please list doom metal (preferably doom/death) releases you own, or have seen for sale on vinyl. I currently have:

Swallow the Sun - Hope
Swallow the Sun - Ghosts of Loss
Deinonychus - Insomnia
My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness, Words of Light

Thanks!


Last edited by pwd on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.



Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:13 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 481
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reply with quote
Post Re: Doom metal releases on vinyl.

pwd wrote:
It seems that the genre I crave most on vinyl is quite limited. :sigh: Please list doom metal releases you own, or have seen for sale on vinyl. I currently have:

Swallow the Sun - Hope
Swallow the Sun - Ghosts of Loss
Deinonychus - Insomnia
My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness, Words of Light

Thanks!


Doom limited on vinyl? ???
It seems that almost everything, doom that, that is released on cd also gets a vinyl release and there are quite a few vinyl releases only within doom as well. Only problem is, though, that most of the vinyl releases are limited to about 500 or so.


Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:28 am
Posts: 30
Location: Ghent, Belgium
Reply with quote
Post 

I have the following on vinyl (only doom though, because I have quiet a lot more):

Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea (2LP)
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, Paranoid and Master of Reality
dISEMBOWELMENT - dISEMBOWELMENT (3LP Box)
OM - Pilgrimage
Reverend Bizarre - II: Crush the Insects (2LP)
The Gates of Slumber (2LP)

I'd like some Evoken, Esoteric, Dolorian, Doom:VS or Saturnus on vinyl as well, but I don't know if these exist. There has been news about an Esoteric LP Box, but that seems like forever ago now...

Others I have seen, but didn't buy are the two LPs by Ataraxie, "And the living shall envy the dead" by Imindain, and quiet a lot of others as well.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:48 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 14349
Location: Belgium
Reply with quote
Post 

I agree: there's a wide variety of Doom albums released on vinyl. Stoner, Funeral, Sludge, Trad....maybe not that many Doom Death acts though.

here's a small list of distros with doom lps:

http://shop.doom-dealer.de/
http://www.electric-earth.com/shop.php? ... addtocart#
http://www.musicfearsatan.com/en/vinyls/style-5.html
http://www.blinddaterecords.de/shop/
http://www.psychedoomelic.com/store2/index.html
http://www.ihate.se/

_________________
'The horror... the horror...'
Every man is an abyss


Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 am
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:27 pm
Posts: 168
Reply with quote
Post 

Evoken-'Shades of Night Descending' is going to be released (re-issue version) on vinyl later this year via Kreation Records, as a double LP. Things are in the works to have our older releases released on vinyl through various labels.....news to come on that.


Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:33 pm
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Canada
Reply with quote
Post 

Ya I should have mentioned I was, for the most part, referring to doom death. Thanks for the links though baphomet; I see some Mournful Congregation, Mourning Beloveth, Swallow the Sun and a couple others on vinyl.


Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 am
Profile
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 481
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reply with quote
Post 

pwd wrote:
Ya I should have mentioned I was, for the most part, referring to doom death. Thanks for the links though baphomet; I see some Mournful Congregation, Mourning Beloveth, Swallow the Sun and a couple others on vinyl.


Ataraxie and Imindain as well, as has been mentioned earlier.

Officium Triste has Ne Vivam out on vinyl. Coffins has all their stuff on vinyl as well.


Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:28 pm
Posts: 98
Reply with quote
Post 

wow

_________________
http://www.mary-bell.nl
http://www.myspace.com/pittinnitus
http://www.myspace.com/sludgebastards


Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:52 pm
Posts: 1692
Location: Overskye out the Multiverse somewhen...
Reply with quote
Post 

I currently own (and have obviously seen for sale):

BLACK SABBATH - Black Sabbath
BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid
BLACK SABBATH - Club Sonderauflage
BLACK SABBATH - Attention
BLACK SABBATH - Attention Vol. 2
BLACK SABBATH - Master of Reality
BLACK SABBATH - Vol. 4
BLACK SABBATH - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
BLACK SABBATH - Sabotage
BLACK SABBATH - We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll
BLACK SABBATH - Technical Ecstasy
BLACK SABBATH - Never Say Die!
BLACK SABBATH - Live at Last
BLACK SABBATH - Rock Heavies
BLACK SABBATH - Rock Legends
BLACK SABBATH - The Sabbath Collection
BLACK SABBATH - The Best of Black Sabbath (4LP Box)
BLACK SABBATH - Past Lives
CANDLEMASS - Nightfall
CANDLEMASS - Tales of Creation
CATHEDRAL - Hopkins (The Witchfinder General) (10 inch)
DEATH ROW - Death is Alive: 1981-1985
DEATH ROW - Alive in Death
VICTOR GRIFFIN - Late for an Early Grave
THE HIDDEN HAND - De-Sensitized (7 inch)
THE HIDDEN HAND - Mother*Teacher*Destroyer
KYUSS - Into the Void (10 inch)
MY SILENT WAKE - A Garland of Tears
PENTAGRAM - Pentagram (Pentagram Records)
PENTAGRAM - Day of Reckoning (Napalm Records)
PENTAGRAM - Relentless (Peaceville)
PENTAGRAM - Day of Reckoning (Peaceville)
PENTAGRAM - Relentless/Day of Reckoning (7 inch)
PENTAGRAM - Be Forewarned
PENTAGRAM - Review Your Choices
PENTAGRAM - Sub-Basement
PENTAGRAM - Keg Full of Dynamite
PENTAGRAM - Show 'em How
PENTAGRAM - First Daze Here
PENTAGRAM - First Daze Here Too
PLACE OF SKULLS - The Fall/Evil Seed [live] (7 inch)
PLACE OF SKULLS - With Vision
PLACE OF SKULLS - Love Through Blood (10 inch)
SAINT VITUS - Saint Vitus
SAINT VITUS - The Walking Dead
SAINT VITUS - Hallow's Victim
SAINT VITUS - War is Our Destiny (12 inch)
SAINT VITUS - Born Too Late
SAINT VITUS - Thirsty and Miserable (12 inch)
SAINT VITUS - Mournful Cries
SAINT VITUS - V (Hellhound)
SAINT VITUS - Live (Southern Lord)
SAINT VITUS - Heavier Than Thou
SAINT VITUS - C.O.D.
SHEAVY - 7 inch
SHEAVY - Blue Sky Mind
SLEEP - Vol. 2
SLEEP - Sleep's Holy Mountain
SLEEP - Dopesmoker
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Dreamwheel (10 inch)
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Elusive Truth
TROUBLE - Trouble (a.k.a. Psalm 9)
TROUBLE - Assassin/Tales of Brave Ulysses (12 inch)
TROUBLE - The Skull
TROUBLE - Run to the Light
TROUBLE - Trouble (1990)
WINO - Punctuated Equilibrium
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Burning a Sinner/Satan's Children (7 inch re-issue)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Death Penalty
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Soviet Invasion (12 inch)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Friends of Hell
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Music/Last Chance (7 inch)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Live '83
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Buried Amongst the Ruins (box set)

_________________
Ian McDuyhard wrote:
- "It's a Stone Groove, innit?!?"

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records


Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 481
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reply with quote
Post 

TrogDawn wrote:
I currently own (and have obviously seen for sale):

BLACK SABBATH - Black Sabbath
BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid
BLACK SABBATH - Club Sonderauflage
BLACK SABBATH - Attention
BLACK SABBATH - Attention Vol. 2
BLACK SABBATH - Master of Reality
BLACK SABBATH - Vol. 4
BLACK SABBATH - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
BLACK SABBATH - Sabotage
BLACK SABBATH - We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll
BLACK SABBATH - Technical Ecstasy
BLACK SABBATH - Never Say Die!
BLACK SABBATH - Live at Last
BLACK SABBATH - Rock Heavies
BLACK SABBATH - Rock Legends
BLACK SABBATH - The Sabbath Collection
BLACK SABBATH - The Best of Black Sabbath (4LP Box)
BLACK SABBATH - Past Lives
CANDLEMASS - Nightfall
CANDLEMASS - Tales of Creation
CATHEDRAL - Hopkins (The Witchfinder General) (10 inch)
DEATH ROW - Death is Alive: 1981-1985
DEATH ROW - Alive in Death
VICTOR GRIFFIN - Late for an Early Grave
THE HIDDEN HAND - De-Sensitized (7 inch)
THE HIDDEN HAND - Mother*Teacher*Destroyer
KYUSS - Into the Void (10 inch)
MY SILENT WAKE - A Garland of Tears
PENTAGRAM - Pentagram (Pentagram Records)
PENTAGRAM - Day of Reckoning (Napalm Records)
PENTAGRAM - Relentless (Peaceville)
PENTAGRAM - Day of Reckoning (Peaceville)
PENTAGRAM - Relentless/Day of Reckoning (7 inch)
PENTAGRAM - Be Forewarned
PENTAGRAM - Review Your Choices
PENTAGRAM - Sub-Basement
PENTAGRAM - Keg Full of Dynamite
PENTAGRAM - Show 'em How
PENTAGRAM - First Daze Here
PENTAGRAM - First Daze Here Too
PLACE OF SKULLS - The Fall/Evil Seed [live] (7 inch)
PLACE OF SKULLS - With Vision
PLACE OF SKULLS - Love Through Blood (10 inch)
SAINT VITUS - Saint Vitus
SAINT VITUS - The Walking Dead
SAINT VITUS - Hallow's Victim
SAINT VITUS - War is Our Destiny (12 inch)
SAINT VITUS - Born Too Late
SAINT VITUS - Thirsty and Miserable (12 inch)
SAINT VITUS - Mournful Cries
SAINT VITUS - V (Hellhound)
SAINT VITUS - Live (Southern Lord)
SAINT VITUS - Heavier Than Thou
SAINT VITUS - C.O.D.
SHEAVY - 7 inch
SHEAVY - Blue Sky Mind
SLEEP - Vol. 2
SLEEP - Sleep's Holy Mountain
SLEEP - Dopesmoker
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Dreamwheel (10 inch)
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Elusive Truth
TROUBLE - Trouble (a.k.a. Psalm 9)
TROUBLE - Assassin/Tales of Brave Ulysses (12 inch)
TROUBLE - The Skull
TROUBLE - Run to the Light
TROUBLE - Trouble (1990)
WINO - Punctuated Equilibrium
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Burning a Sinner/Satan's Children (7 inch re-issue)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Death Penalty
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Soviet Invasion (12 inch)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Friends of Hell
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Music/Last Chance (7 inch)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Live '83
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Buried Amongst the Ruins (box set)


The original poster seems to be more interested in death/doom on vinyl.


Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:52 pm
Posts: 1692
Location: Overskye out the Multiverse somewhen...
Reply with quote
Post Re: Doom metal releases on vinyl.

pwd wrote:
Please list doom metal releases you own, or have seen for sale on vinyl.

I was going by the first post he made here...did I miss something? ???

_________________
Ian McDuyhard wrote:
- "It's a Stone Groove, innit?!?"

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records


Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:52 pm
Posts: 1692
Location: Overskye out the Multiverse somewhen...
Reply with quote
Post 

pwd wrote:
Ya I should have mentioned I was, for the most part, referring to doom death. Thanks for the links though baphomet; I see some Mournful Congregation, Mourning Beloveth, Swallow the Sun and a couple others on vinyl.

Oops...nevermind... :blush:

the only one of those that is doom/death is:

MY SILENT WAKE - A Garland of Tears

great stuff, available here:
http://www.mysilentwake.co.uk/buy.html

_________________
Ian McDuyhard wrote:
- "It's a Stone Groove, innit?!?"

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records


Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:39 pm
Posts: 102
Reply with quote
Post 

also check out:

www.bisaufsmesser.com/store

tons of vinyl from sludge to trad. doom to drone

_________________
www.vendettarecords.de
www.bisaufsmesser.com


Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Forum User

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:28 am
Posts: 30
Location: Ghent, Belgium
Reply with quote
Post 

This is a great webshop with a large collection of vinyl as well. Though there is mostly a lot of stoner and sludge, they have a lot of doom metal as well (although I don't know if they have a lot of Death/Doom) :

http://www.kozmik-artifactz.com/shop/in ... anguage=en

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Helvetia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Doom metal releases on vinyl.

Sorry to revive such an old topic. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a current topic in this regard. I love to see what others are collecting in doom vinyl, maybe someone else want to share their collection?

I recently started with vinyl because i'm fed up with CDs and yes, already hooked. Apart from the sound quality, i love to hold such large artworks in my hands. It feels real. Some of them are a pure work of art from the outside, while CDS mess up your apartment.

The only downside to me is the exhausting unpacking and storing again, I'm lazy as fuck, I know. And if you are used to cds or streaming / mp3 / flac / whatever, the constant turning is annoying as hell. Especially with bands with long tracks it seems to me that often only a fraction of the record was recorded because the next one would have been too long. And the high shipping costs.

Clouds - Doliu 2LP, green splatter
Clouds - Destin LP, black
Clouds - Departe 2LP, black
Clouds - Dor 2LP, black
Clouds - Dor II LP, white
Clouds - Durere 2LP, black
Shape of Despair - Alone in the Mist 2LP, black
Shape of Despair - Illusions Play 2LP, red
Shape of Despair - Shades of... LP, green
Shape of Despair - Angels of Distress LP, clear
Shape of Despair - Monotony Fields 2LP, blue
Shape of Despair - Written in My Scars 7", black
Shape of Despair / Before the Rain Split 7", black
Officium Triste - The Death of Gaia 2LP, Tri-Colour merge
Officium Triste - Ne Vivam LP, light green/yellow(?)
Officium Triste - Mors Viri LP, black
Officium Triste - Mountains of Depressiveness 7", red
Officium Triste - Roses on my Grave 7", black
Mourning Beloveth - A Disease for the Ages 2LP, black
Mourning Beloveth - Formless 2LP, black
Mourning Beloveth - Rust & Bone LP, black
Mourning Beloveth / The Ruins of Beverast Split 10", black
Mourning Beloveth / Wreck of the Hesperus Split 10", black
Mourning Beloveth / Lunar Gate Split 7", black
Profetus - Coronation of the Black Sun / Saturnine 2LP, black
Profetus - To Open the Passages in Dusk 2LP, black
Profetus - The Sadness of Time Passing 2LP, gold
Slow - IV - Mythologiae 2LP, black and cream merge
Slow - V - Oceans LP, black
Slow - VI - Dantalion 2LP, marble purple
Illimitable Dolor - selftitled LP, blue and white splatter
Illimitable Dolor - The Leaden Light 2LP, gold and black splatter
Uaral - Lamentos A Poema Muerto LP, black
Stone Wings - Bird of Stone Wings 2LP, black
Collapse of Light - Each Failing Step LP, black
Imber Luminis - Same Old Silences LP, black
Pantheist - Seeking Infinity 2LP, white
Aphonic Threnody - When Death Comes 2LP, black
Gravkväde - Grav|aska LP, white
Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt LP, clear
Screams over Northland - Selftitled 7", black

Just in case someone is willing to sell one of these... Currently I'm looking for

Uaral - Sounds of Pain LP
40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room LP, any version
Saturnus - Saturn in Ascension 2LP
Asunder - A clarion call LP
Lurker of Chalice - selftitled LP, Southern Lord
Ceremonium - Nightfall in Heaven 7"
Funeral Mourning - Drown in Solitude LP
Thy Light - Suici.De.pression LP
Warning - Watching from a Distance, splatter Kreation Records Reissue, or maybe another


Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:53 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 1507
Reply with quote
Post Re: Doom metal releases on vinyl.

Aokigahara wrote:
Warning - Watching from a Distance, splatter Kreation Records Reissue, or maybe another


For this record in particular it's way better seeking the recent Svart reissue (the original is way too expensive) - it's very well done, while Kreation are notorious for their bad pressings and if I remember correctly this particular release had serious accusations from the band for permission/royalty issues =)


Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:01 pm
Profile
Forum User

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Helvetia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Doom metal releases on vinyl.

klamerin wrote:
Aokigahara wrote:
Warning - Watching from a Distance, splatter Kreation Records Reissue, or maybe another


For this record in particular it's way better seeking the recent Svart reissue (the original is way too expensive) - it's very well done, while Kreation are notorious for their bad pressings and if I remember correctly this particular release had serious accusations from the band for permission/royalty issues =)


I was pretty sure the release I've heard with friends was the Kreation release, possibly I was wrong. The Svart reissues you were talking about were sold out too. But I just got a newsletter from them theres a new one coming: https://svartrecords.com/product/warnin ... 70ab4f7c51 I'll probably buy it, thanks.


Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:47 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.