Radioactive
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Worship - latest album flying under the RADAR? 
Forum User

Post Worship - latest album flying under the RADAR?

One of my favourite bands ever, and one I look forward to its every release is obviously the mighty Worship. I dig they were supposed to release an album this year or something? There was some buzz, news flashes, et cetera, but no sample, label mentioning or release date. Then, all became silent, until now...

I need to know, is there any new album looming on the horizon? What's its status? Any samples? I loved all of their fucked up releases, so my expectations are high and I know there's a "clique" of fans here that feels the same. Or has there been already a release date and its existence has simply flown under my RADAR?

Thanks for reading, and for contributing...

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:38 pm
Forum User

Post Re: Worship - latest album flying under the RADAR?

I pre-ordered the album in 2015 and it was supposed to be released in November that year I think with everything looking perfectly normal. It had a label, (stupid) cover art, etc. Then early 2016 something happened to Daniel, a tour was cancelled and he started acting weird, resurfacing every 3-4 months with a lame excuse why the album is delayed. Around this time he decided to re-record it completely or something.

And that's been ever since - every couple of months a new excuse and a new reassuring message that he is back on track, feeling better, ready to finalize the album, etc. And then always nothing. No release date has been given, nor any update about how far he's progressed and what exactly needs to be done on the album, just empty words.

So nobody can really say what's been going on with him. He refuses to refund a lot of people who were tired of waiting for their pre-orders, there were issues with other merch orders where guys complained they got neither their goods, nor refunds.

I still refuse to believe any intentional wrong-doing on his part, although the whole thing looks extremely bad by now and almost inexcusable. I really hope the album he's supposedly working on is real and is going to happen, and not that he's totally lost it, as it seems. It would be a real shame if he lets such a stain on Worship legacy.

All this info comes from fb where he's mostly active and where I've been following him for 2.5 years waiting for the album.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:10 am
Senior Staff Member
Senior Staff Member

I once played a show with them where they turned up with only guitars, no amps, pedals, not even cables. They had to borrow cables.
So is it possible that they are trying super hard to record a record, but just don't have any equipment?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

kris wrote:
I once played a show with them where they turned up with only guitars, no amps, pedals, not even cables. They had to borrow cables.
So is it possible that they are trying super hard to record a record, but just don't have any equipment?

Funeral Doom won't make you rich, that's for sure.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:27 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

kris wrote:

:laugh: :laugh:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:48 pm
Forum User

Klamerin, thanks. So you're waiting for your preorder for about 2 years now? That's a Guinesse World Record of sort.
Hope Daniel doesn't go in the steps of Fucked Up Mad Max...

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:52 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

klamerin wrote:
I pre-ordered the album in 2015 and it was supposed to be released in November that year I think with everything looking perfectly normal. It had a label, (stupid) cover art, etc. Then early 2016 something happened to Daniel, a tour was cancelled and he started acting weird, resurfacing every 3-4 months with a lame excuse why the album is delayed. Around this time he decided to re-record it completely or something.

Pretty much this - I'm also waiting for a preorder from 2015. We even ran a bit of a news feature about it (http://www.doom-metal.com/news.php?entry=1991) and I was talking to Daniel about day one coverage...then suddenly, silence from that day onwards...

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 pm
Forum User

Just checked their Facebook page last post was a month ago talking about some good news soon

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I'm considering 'soon' to be a fairly elastic concept, all things considered!

I've helped crowdfund as-yet-unwritten albums that arrived more quickly than this particular official preorder... :p

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:42 pm
Forum User

Does anybody know if there are any samples in existence?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:53 am
Forum User

No, no samples have been released.

What pissed me off most is that as some point the album seemed to be pretty much complete, as the very first delays were announced as two weeks delay of the actual release. I doubt he had fooled even the label, so there must have been a album fully recorded.

After that he decided to re-record it and then things turned absurd. So whatever the final result I doubt it would have much in common with the initial version, which would probably be lost altogether... and i do not like the idea of a lost Worship album=/

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]