|Quick introductory interview.|
|1. Who are you and how did the band get started?|
Black Trillium is a collaboration between Simon Skipper and Zach Carlson from Sydney, Australia.
This band expresses our interest in one of the darkest and intense forms of modern music - Doom Metal.
On the 13th of January we released our debut EP, 'The Locked Woods' a raw and honest recording that showcases our song writing.
2. Why did you choose Doom, and how would you describe your style?
The slow tempos and distorted guitars just take hold of you. We find Doom metal is the only style of music there is that we can get away with what we are trying to do. You be much more poetic and exploration in the music and lyrics.
Our sound is quite varied, although all our songs centre around a doom vibe we experiment with fusing that sound with other metal sub-genres and styles.
3. What would you consider to be the high point of your career so far?
We are only a new band so I think releasing our first EP and recieving great reviewis from online sites has been great.
4. Which three bands most influenced you?
My Dying Bride, Opeth and Katatonia and many, many more!
5. What are your plans for the near future?
Release a new EP and form a live band.
6. If there is anything you would like to add, the last words are yours.
Find us on Facebook and explore our story!